Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Missing: Jackson and Campbell
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Just saw these men on a milk carton at the gas station.

Absolutely zero pressure up the gut today. I found that very hard to believe. What happened?
Found: Holding on the Pats, but the Refs forgot their glasses
There was some holding not being called. We didn't bring pressure either. Our pass rush hasn't been all that great this post season anyways. Not bad but not that great. I haven't heard Campbell's name in a while.
Not buying that with all due respect. Two high priced free agents disappear in one of the biggest games in franchise history.

Love what they have done for us, but today was unfortunate.
(01-21-2018, 08:11 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]Not buying that with all due respect. Two high priced free agents disappear in one of the biggest games in franchise history.

Love what they have done for us, but today was unfortunate.

You have a valid point...I'm just adding that there were several blatant holds that were not called.
I think the double teams on them helped create opportunities for other guys like Darius and Fowler. Tom Brady has dang near the best pass blocking line in the league, I believe they have allowed the least sacks of any line this season, and we got 3 sacks today, plus a ton of hits. I thought our guys were pretty impressive overall.
Where was Yannick as well?
Zero hold calls happened

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Double teams, holds and injury will do that.
We got some pressure, but not when it counted. It was from fowler and dareus. Campbell and Jackson did little. Add ngokue to the list. 3rd and 18 and goat had 18 seconds against soft zone coverage. Sad.
(01-21-2018, 08:16 PM)B2hibry Wrote: [ -> ]Double teams, holds and injury will do that.

And downright exhaustion. That playoff bye sure helps.
Don't get me wrong, I love these guys, but our pass rush hasn't been the same for weeks now. Not sure how we fix it. Nobody really seems like a weak link. Are Olines just getting better across the board?
That was the analysis in 2nd half, a lot of the high pressure d lines disappear in the 2nd half
Nah. The Jags had 10 pressures, 6 QB hits and three sacks by my count. A fair amount of those pressures started with the middle moving backward for Brady.

They were fine.
(01-21-2018, 08:22 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]Don't get me wrong, I love these guys, but our pass rush hasn't been the same for weeks now. Not sure how we fix it. Nobody really seems like a weak link. Are Olines just getting better across the board?

It don't need fixing. Fowler brought it today. They looked to be playing gap assignments and not just going all out for sacks. Seems like they wanted pressure from the edges vs up the middle so they could take the run away and force Brady into our All Pro CBs. It worked bc we could have beat them.

If Bortles takes a little off that throw up the sideline to Fournette then we win. 

We were up on them all game. Then we went into soft zone and got killed. Then we went back to man, and Brady audibles to cross routes. Forced us back zone. 

The 3rd and 18 pass on Gipson was the game changing play. He got too much depth and didn't break on the Ball quick enough.
(01-21-2018, 08:22 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]Don't get me wrong, I love these guys, but our pass rush hasn't been the same for weeks now. Not sure how we fix it. Nobody really seems like a weak link. Are Olines just getting better across the board?
Fowler needs to play more. Very explosive player.
Ngakoue was barely playing I really think that hurt ya a lot. I understand Fowler had one of his best games but Yannick barely played and you could see no outside rush because if it
Throughout most of the year, it always felt that most of the pressure without blitzing was because of great coverage and/or defensive "games" like twists/stunts/etc.

Those can happen in the playoffs, but against better coached teams, good QB's (Big Ben and TB12), and good offensive lines, that will never work for an entire game. You need guys winning one-on-one more often. Yannick was not a huge a factor today either.

Also, on the backend, Gipson is very good. But teams have had a few years to adapt to Seattle's coverage scheme. And the guys that really make that system work are Earl Thomas and Bobby Wagner. The other guys are really good, but those two have otherworldly great speed, field coverage, and anticipation. Telvin is not at Wagner's level. Jack has the raw skills but he not quick enough at diagnosing plays (he made some mistakes on "receiver hand offs" throughout the game). And Gipson is no where near Thomas.

Because of that, you cannot just play base. You have to mix in more man, more press, and more blitzing as the game progresses.

Part of it is us playing better teams as we advanced in the playoffs. Lack of holding calls were definitely an issue. And our guys played how many weeks straight? I did find it odd that they weren't more aggressive but again, playing better teams, etc., will do that.
Campbell really didn’t look 100% to me and even was checked out in the medical tent at one point in the 4th
Pages: 1 2