Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Hold your head up!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Guys....

This is only the beginning. LeBron James went to Miami and lost in his first year. Then he won in his 2nd year. 

Then he went to Cleveland and lost his first year. Then won the next. 

Im not comparing NBA to NFL, we'll kinda. What I'm saying is we've arrived! No more bottom of the barrel. We're about to be good for the next 5 to 7 years. We are dubbed sacksonville for a reason. We took the GOAT 16 rounds in a heavy weight boxing match. 

Think back to week 3 of the preseason.....if we would have guessed 10-6 and make to the AFC Championship game, we would have laughed at that. Bortles went from benched for Heene to Franchise QB that played awesome all year. 

We don't even have one our best offensive players in Allen Robinson. 

He makes a difference in that game we just lost.

We are in our window. It's only the beginning. No more jokes about being a sorry team. 

We are loaded on defense. We can head to the draft and pick players that will help us win now.

We found our coach. Looks like we found our QB. We have a solid oline. A bell cow RB. Hurns, Arob, Westbrook....and....Cole! Cole came out of nowhere! 

Look at that defense. Fowler had 2 massive sacks tonight. Yannick, Dareus...we stole Dareus. Campbell will be the reigning MVP next season. Ramsey, who is All Pro and Bouye who is playing just as good. Gipson and Church are entrenched as our starting safeties. 

How about Josh Lambo....what a year he had!
Nortman does he job.

Guys were going to be OK. You can't say this year wasn't awesome because it was.

Be proud of these guys. It's not on the coaches. Lee dropped a key 3rd down but we're not in that game without him. 

The beginning is now. Draft talk will be alot different this year. We're Super Bowl or bust next season. And we can draft to win now.
Though lose, but we win and lose as a team, unfortunately today we lost as a team. Need to play better on 3rd down and we win easy.

Great year, pround of our team.
Great effort by every player........no reason to feel bad. Thought that Nortman could’ve punted better.......don’t know why he hits short end over end kicks down the middle of the field from his own end zone
(01-21-2018, 08:41 PM)SunriseCottage Wrote: [ -> ]Great effort by every player........no reason to feel bad. Thought that Nortman could’ve  punted better.......don’t know why he hits short end over end kicks down the middle of the field from his own end zone

It gives our speedsters a chance to get down field and force a fair catch. That was my thinking. 

A kicker can kick an upward spiral that comes down like a slow, spinning pass. Or they can kick it end over end and hope the receiver let's the ball get in on their body which causes a fumble.

Or just to get more air time to allow coverage to get down field. I thought he was decent. He didn't cost us the game that's for sure.
So, 2008, after the Jaguars lost to the Patriots in the playoffs, Jags drafted pass rushers (their weakness), some analysts picked the Jaguars to make it to the Super Bowl. Jags were a disappointment the following season and downhill after that. Do you think the Jaguars even make the playoffs in 2018 season.
We also lost 3 offensive linemen that year. We had 0 true WRs. And we didn't have the defense we have now. We have All Pro Ramsey. Campbell just won the defensive AFC MVP. Bouye is playing All Pro level. Fowler ended the season plus playoffs with double digit sacks. So did Yannick and Campbell.

Telvin and Myles are the best LB tandem since we had Nickerson and Hardy.

We have a 1000 yard back who scored double digit TDs if you include playoffs.

We're getting a capable 1400 yard WR back in Arob. Hurns and Cole will gives us plenty of security in our pass game.

And most importantly, Bortles proved his self game after game.

Cam Robinson and Linder solidified our oline woes. They were much improved and will only get better.

We got Coughlin in the sky box and Marrone.

Plus the draft. Of course we will make it back to the playoffs.
Beating the Steelers on their turf is no small or easy feat. But I guess lightning didn't strike twice. The Jags have now put the rest of the league on notice.
We went toe to toe with 2 PRESTIGIOUS AFC teams this year in the divisional and conference championship rounds and comported ourselves like MEN. We will be back year after year
Team has to act like they finished 3-13 again and come out just as hungry next year.

I hope they don't rest on their laurels and lay an egg like the 2008 team did
At least we showed up more than the Vikings did!!
Good post, JF24. I knew you had it in you despite your recent streak.
Well it would not let me make a new thread as a new user but I wanted to say as a die-hard Patriots fan for the past 30 years that this was one of the hardest fought games I've had the pleasure of watching in a long time.  The Jags are not going anywhere and I look forward to seeing them in the post season for years to come.  Jacksonville fans have absolutely nothing to be ashamed of - they fought valiantly and played hard-nose on both sides of the ball ... your rookie RB is a beast and will be for years to come and your defense is top-notch.  

See you next year!

D
Imagine what the jags would be doing right now with jimmy goroppolo at qb?
They would be preparing for the superbowl
I really love that Jimmy G is a surefire Pro Bowl QB after like 4 starts... but then again people love to make definitive statements and give hot takes