Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Grant
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Why did Hacket stop going to him?
Why did Hackett go run, run, pass in the 2nd half? All great questions...
Grant and Yeldon were the difference makers in the 1st half and then banished to the sideline in the 2nd half.
(01-21-2018, 08:33 PM)jagboss Wrote: [ -> ]Why did Hacket stop going to him?

The whole second half of the game was like a symposium on how not to play when you get a small lead.
Because that takes our best offensive player off the field. Fournette is who you want. Grant is just a spell guy.
They started sniffing out those screens toward the end of the 1st half, but definitely should have kept him involved in some form.
(01-21-2018, 08:33 PM)jagboss Wrote: [ -> ]Why did Hacket stop going to him?

Hackett lost this game for us imo...run, run, pass help the Patriots D get comfortable...we had them on their heels and let them off the hook! Hackett didn't give Bortles enough chances in the passing game imo instead wanted to sit on the lead and let the defense win it with a surging Brady...unreal turn of events if you ask me! We dominated them and still lost.
We were just reaching for offense. Offensive line couldn't protect down the stretch anyways. The defense had to be clutch and seal the deal. They didn't deliver. No pressure near the goal line kind of stupid.
(01-21-2018, 08:43 PM)JaguarJosh05 Wrote: [ -> ]We were just reaching for offense. Offensive line couldn't protect down the stretch anyways. The defense had to be clutch and seal the deal. They didn't deliver. No pressure near the goal line kind of stupid.

The O Line gave up a couple pressures but were not bad.  Hackett went into a shell offensively which killed us.
It's kind of hard to win when you are playing the greatest QB of all time and you keep giving him the ball. The chances of you winning are greatly reduced under these circumstances. It's obviously clear that the game plan is to simply rely on the defense to win the game when the Jags have a lead. They did Bortles no favors with the play calling in the 2nd half.
(01-21-2018, 08:35 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]Because that takes our best offensive player off the field. Fournette is who you want. Grant is just a spell guy.

you can play both

Grant would have been a great decoy if nothing else. Fake sweeps could open up the middle
You know what? It's like we outsmarted ourselves and respected their adjustments too much and assumed they would stop it.
(01-21-2018, 08:52 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]You know what? It's like we outsmarted ourselves and respected their adjustments too much and assumed they would stop it.

On point with this.
The whole 2nd half I was screaming for Grant and Fournette in the same backfield. We were burning them big-time with that combo the first half because they would key on Leonard. Why did we stop?
I would have liked to have seen Grant get two or three swing passes in the second half.
(01-21-2018, 08:36 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: [ -> ]They started sniffing out those screens toward the end of the 1st half, but definitely should have kept him involved in some form.

Not really. They got to 1 or 2 because Blake didn't pick the correct read. The play design had like 4 options. It could have easily been okay to try it. Or even use Grant or Mickens as a decoy on on play. It's not like they don't like contact and cannot deliver a block on the edge.

This all comes back to Hackett not having enough pre-snap creativity. You can still run the same 1st half stuff and all if you scheme a bit more with more pre-snap motions. We never do that. If not, you need more than 1 half of interesting plays, especially against a team like the Patriots.

If they keep Hackett, next year will be a major challenge for him. Everything this year will be on tape. If he is not more creative and either builds up/trusts the QB more, it will be a very tough season.
i made a thread about this and it got deleted. Can whatever mod deleted my thread tell me the reason for it?

Blake was the MVP of this game and he got shafted by the coaching staff and it started with 1 minute left in the 2nd quarter with 3 timeouts left and they played scared and kneeled the ball
(01-21-2018, 10:36 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]i made a thread about this and it got deleted.  Can whatever mod deleted my thread tell me the reason for it?

I don’t see any threads by you that were deleted. When was it?
i get along with almost every mod but there are 1 or 2 that get their feelings or panties hurt with facts.
(01-21-2018, 10:40 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]i get along with almost every mod but there are 1 or 2 that get their feelings or panties hurt with facts.

That doesn’t really answer my question...lol
Pages: 1 2