Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Tony's Support Is Getting Old
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
He is totally oblivious to the problems with Bortles. He's totally regressed; that is clear. Is he Bortle's blow-man? Just saying. It kind of reflects the environment we have here. Man, lots of respect to him for what he did for us as a player. But he's in too deep with some of these players and coaches.....

Yea, he sounds dumb.

What a wonderful thread. I am posting in it.

Fans only know what they hear, read, and see on TV. Tony Boselli's job allows him to know everything going on with the team.

The whole organisation are blowing the players horns.
Brainwashed by the culture.

Quote:Brainwashed by the culture.

its a disgrace it really is
You'd say the same thing if they signed your check.
He's on khans payroll. He says what they want him to say. Or maybe a few too many concussions...
Everybody gets Tony's support. That's because

[Image: 635850368892916775-151776709_tony-the-tiger.jpg]

Tremendous!!!! ^^^^^^^^^^

I don't agree with Tony's view but he's just no being quite as "the world is ending" as a lot of us are.

Bortles was an above average QB last year. He made major strides mechanically and looked to be well on his way to a top 10-12 QB this year. Unfortunately, his mechanics are out of whack now and that's causing a huge downgrade in accuracy. 

To say we need to move on I think is way too early after what he showed he's capable of last year. Go back to Tom House for the offseason, get a new coaching staff that is competent and won't let his mechanics deteriorate like Olsen has, and let's see what happens.

My confidence is wavering big time and I'm not sure he's our guy,but I agree with Tony that it's way to early to bring out the pitchforks for him. He has said he's played bad this year, but he isn't a guy that is going to rip into guys and say they should be cut/demoted/released quickly like fans would. He's a player. Freddy T has done the same thing when talking about Bortles. He's said he's been bad, but he also believed in him and would go into any game with Bortles at QB.

Well he works for the Jaguars, if youre expecting him to compare bortles throwing motion to egyptian hieroglyphics like the rest of the internet youre gonna be let down
Quote:Well he works for the Jaguars, if youre expecting him to compare bortles throwing motion to egyptian hieroglyphics like the rest of the internet youre gonna be let down
I gotta say though, it surprised the hell out of me he didn't talk about it when Prisco brought it up. He said they were poor but doesn't seem to notice just how bad they are like Prisco was stating. As a guy who played football all his life and watches as much game film as he does, I'm quite surprised that isn't glaring at him everytime he watches it.

It's bad...really bad. That is the main reason why Bortles is doing what he is. Last year with cleaned up mechanics he was a very solid QB and although he'd make a few mistakes, he's a gunslinger and that's whats expected. But he was never just horribly inaccurate, he'd just take chances that some don't like. This year the accuracy is just gone because of the windup and throwing off his back foot though.

That may be what frustrates me most. The media knows it, and they keep asking him and the coaching staff and they seem oblivious. I'm sure they know it behind closed doors and just don't want to discuss it like they usually do on things (as do all teams), but it's glaring and this season is pretty much over because of it. You can't really improve on them during the season. They could have done something over the bye week but obviously nothing happened...so I'm not sure if they're just saying forget about it or if Olsen/Hackett are just really this incompetent.
While I agree with some saying "what do you expect with him being paid by the Jags?". But isn't Freddy T (to a degree. I might be assuming and wrong though)? He seems to be more aware and vocal on the issues; thus why I have such a problem with what Tony is doing. He's like the hear no evil monkey; just doesn't want to hear it.

Quote:While I agree with some saying "what do you expect with him being paid by the Jags?". But isn't Freddy T? He seems to be more aware and vocal on the issues; thus why I have such a problem with what Tony is doing. He's like the hear no evil monkey; just doesn't want to hear it.
Freddy T is more vocal on the issues sure, but he still believes in Blake and has stated it on the post-game show multiple times this year. He is being a bit more critical but ultimately he's saying what Tony is. 
There's a reason they call him the sunshine pumper....his Schtick is tiresome to me.
The way Tony sounds is like there's no problem with Blake. He's defending him based on the games this year and this year, there's really nothing there besides the GB game. And he doesn't want to hear anything regarding his mechanics and Regression (with a capital R)..... It just looks bad and completely dishonest to me. I may be over-reading it. But I just don't like someone defending the situation like this; and he's closer than most to the center of it.

I do want to clarify, that I'm not agreeing with giving up on Bortles and benching him. But in order to get him back, we need to realize what's wrong with him. That's why I don't like Tony's mindset. Realizing he has regressed is the first step in getting him corrected.

I sure hope the team is reacting better than some of the fans on this board.

Pages: 1 2