Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Delay of Game at End of the Half (merged)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Time and time again i see coaches run down the sideline and call time out before a delay of game. Even with pro bowl QBs it happens and the coaches bail them out. Are these idiots not watching the clock? someone has to answer for this. its just dumb not to pay attn and take a time out like any other good coach would do.

And why kneel with a minute left and 3 time outs?? coaching and refs lost this game in my opinion.
Blake isnt a efficient, dependable qb to lead the offense down the field with under a minute. The qbs that can are brady, rodgers, big ben, peyton, other elite qbs. Also scared of a int or pick 6 and the Patriots getting more momentum
That that could be the play.....or non-play.....that determined the game. We had just made a key 1st down on a great throw. We are on our way to a FG.....or possibly a TD. That one play caused a 10-14 point swing given Brady March the PATS down the field for a TD.....and we took a knee.
(01-21-2018, 10:28 PM)JAGFAN88 Wrote: [ -> ]Time and time again i see coaches run down the sideline and call time out before a delay of game. Even with pro bowl QBs it happens and the coaches bail them out. Are these idiots not watching the clock? someone has to answer for this. its just dumb not to pay attn and take a time out like any other good coach would do.

And why kneel with a minute left and 3 time outs?? coaching and refs lost this game in my opinion.

There were three non-player failures in this game.

1. Refs! The refs were willing to call PI on the Jags, but not on the Pats. In particular the nuclear PI call on Bouye when the receiver had no chance to catch the ball. The Miles Jack fumble recovery was whistled dead before he got a chance to return it. They pretty much ignored holding, but that was fairly equal on both sides, except for the call on Robinson. Malabar Jr. tells me that there was a video of the refs celebrating with the Pats after the game.

2. Offensive play calling! After the middle of the 3rd quarter, every first play on a Jags drive was a run by Fournette. The passes to Grant worked twice, why not try another pass on first down? There was also a stuffed run by Fournette where they faked a reverse to Lee. Had they ran the reverse, Lee had a clear path for at least 20 yards.

3. Defensive play calling. I can remember only one time that the Jags blitzed Brady. It worked, so clearly they had to abandon that tactic. SMH

The Jags outplayed the Pats, but were seriously out-coached and out-reffed.

(01-21-2018, 10:32 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: [ -> ]Blake isnt a efficient, dependable qb to lead the offense down the field with under a minute. The qbs that can are brady, rodgers, big ben, peyton, other elite qbs.  Also scared of a int or pick 6 and the Patriots getting more momentum

If you base your play calls on a fear of your QB making a mistake, the offense will not succeed.

And Bortles played very well today.
was a delay of game. was surprised they threw the flag after they let the play run. normally they stop the play from happening. ended up being very costly. was surprised we didnt take a time out. cant remember if it was the same play but I think someone on the line was pointing out the play clock.
Coaches should have called a time out when they saw the clock getting low and bb5 didnt notice it
Yes, my bad. Delay of game. Coaches should have called a TO. Imagine a halftime lead of 17-3 (FG) instead of 14-10. They went from demoralized to having hope.
That was a big momentum shift indeed and it triggered a few other mistakes: not letting the clock run to the 2 minutes warning when we were going to punt (they didn't accept the penalty on the sack), penalties that drove NE through the field, our poor handling of the goal line defense.
Going 14-10 at halftime after the way we played was brutal.
I didn’t hear the whistle blow until the ball was out of Bortles’s hand. They also didn’t blow Jack’s recovery dead until after he got up and ran. Individually, I can excuse this by saying they’re human, but it just seems they saw the outcome and tried to stop it.
(01-22-2018, 03:47 AM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: [ -> ]I didn’t hear the whistle blow until the ball was out of Bortles’s hand. They also didn’t blow Jack’s recovery dead until after he got up and ran. Individually, I can excuse this by saying they’re human, but it just seems they saw the outcome and tried to stop it.

The delay of game penalty was the right call, but them waiting soooo long to throw the flag is why the call is so sketchy. The play clock was absolutely on 0 for at least a full second before we snapped the football, yet they waited until Lewis caught the football before they threw the flags..

If that's Brady, zero chance they throw that flag.

The Jack recovery was a complete joke. They stole at least 6 points from us and absolutely changed the game. That would have been at least a 26-10 game at that point and heavily in our favor.
Interesting they waited to see the result of the play before the flag. Rarely see that if ever. Usually they blow it dead.
(01-22-2018, 03:57 AM)Eric1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-22-2018, 03:47 AM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: [ -> ]I didn’t hear the whistle blow until the ball was out of Bortles’s hand. They also didn’t blow Jack’s recovery dead until after he got up and ran. Individually, I can excuse this by saying they’re human, but it just seems they saw the outcome and tried to stop it.

The delay of game penalty was the right call, but them waiting soooo long to throw the flag is why the call is so sketchy. The play clock was absolutely on 0 for at least a full second before we snapped the football, yet they waited until Lewis caught the football before they threw the flags..

If that's Brady, zero chance they throw that flag.

The Jack recovery was a complete joke. They stole at least 6 points from us and absolutely changed the game. That would have been at least a 26-10 game at that point and heavily in our favor.

Them waiting to throw the flag was the sketchy part I would agree.  Had Lewis dropped the ball I'm confident they don't throw the flag.

The call on the Jack fumble recovery was absurd.  You let the play finish out and then review it since EVERY SCORING PLAY IS REVIEWED ANYWAY.  It is an inexcusable mistake that cannot happen.  It changed the game.  This game was not good for the NFL and its continued ratings drop.