Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: A few questions?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A minute to go with 3 timeouts in the first half on the 25 and we play conservative to enter the 2nd half against the greatest of all time.  Grant was killing the Pats D in the first half and we dont use him 1 time in the 2nd?  Man coverage was working great in the 1st half and we dont go away from it and go to zone which we have been beat from it all year and once again in the 2nd it was no different, lol.  Common sense the best and fastest WR (Ramsey) should be on their best and fastest WR should be on Cooks, Bouye got roasted the first 3 quarters until the 4th when he was shut out when they finally put Ramsey on him.  As good as Bouye played last week both TDs came from Brown and Bouye was on him 90% of the time last week.  Not to mention when we get a little lead Wash always goes to zone, when we our at our best in man coverage.  As hard as i have been on Bortles they let him down this game and had ZERO faith in him after he set a career record of 13 straight completion.  Shame on this coaching staff.  As messed up as it is with the way Bortes played in these last couple games of the season they need to go get a QB they have a little faith in because after tonight they let the whole fanbase down and showed they had zero faith in Bortles and we will never make it anywhere like that.  Shot out to Khan, Caldwell, and Coughlin though, Go Jags.  I know Coughlin is pulling his hair out though!
agreed with pretty much everything,

They didn't have an answer for Grant, and they took him out of the game.

Playcalling in the second was basically not to lose, both sides of the ball.

Once Gronk was out, we should've made their meh receivers meat us one on one.
Weren't you just trying to convince me that Bouye was the best corner on the team a few weeks ago? LOL

The coaches mismanaged clock, and went too conservative on both sides of the ball. That's fair. I'm disappointed about it.

Bortles wasn't really that great accuracy wise. Lots of off target throws today. I don't blame them for limiting his throws on the jags side of the field in the fourth. He's got a long history of throwing picks in that situation. There's a reason they don't trust him there.
There is a problem with all 3 of our coordinators that half the fans refuse to acknowledge and the other half wish to recognize. We will all see how right or wrong we are very shortly after Tom & Gus meet, and Dave brings hot coffee.
(01-21-2018, 11:11 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]Weren't you just trying to convince me that Bouye was the best corner on the team a few weeks ago? LOL

The coaches mismanaged clock, and went too conservative on both sides of the ball.  That's fair.  I'm disappointed about it.

Bortles wasn't really that great accuracy wise.  Lots of off target throws today.  I don't blame them for limiting his throws on the jags side of the field in the fourth.  He's got a long history of throwing picks in that situation. There's a reason they don't trust him there.

Yes, but I have been stated they are both great in different aspects.  Cooks is the fastest and shiftiest WR, and those WR should be covered by Ramsey, like a Antonio Brown or a Steve Smith
(01-21-2018, 11:12 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]There is a problem with all 3 of our coordinators that half the fans refuse to acknowledge and the other half wish to recognize. We will all see how right or wrong we are very shortly after Tom & Gus meet, and Dave brings hot coffee.

What the hell are you blathering about?
(01-21-2018, 11:12 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]There is a problem with all 3 of our coordinators that half the fans refuse to acknowledge and the other half wish to recognize. We will all see how right or wrong we are very shortly after Tom & Gus meet, and Dave brings hot coffee.

You're giving me flashbacks!
(01-21-2018, 11:11 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]Weren't you just trying to convince me that Bouye was the best corner on the team a few weeks ago? LOL

The coaches mismanaged clock, and went too conservative on both sides of the ball.  That's fair.  I'm disappointed about it.

Bortles wasn't really that great accuracy wise.  Lots of off target throws today.  I don't blame them for limiting his throws on the jags side of the field in the fourth.  He's got a long history of throwing picks in that situation. There's a reason they don't trust him there.

History means nothing, Bortles played great tonight but the coaching didn't have his back or any of the other players.  C'mon Ray Charles!  Did you watch the game?
Haha I meant Dave.
We lost the Arizona game because of the same bs. They had zero faith in Bortles at the end of the first half and at the end we lost because of it

It's clear the coaching staff has zero faith in Bortles no matter how well he plays, they have to go out and get a QB they have faith in. It's clear in their eyes they have zero in Bortles!
(01-21-2018, 11:22 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]We lost the Arizona game because of the same bs.  They had zero faith in Bortles at the end of the first half and at the end we lost because of it

It's clear the coaching staff has zero faith in Bortles no matter how well he plays, they have to go out and get a QB they have faith in.  It's clear in their eyes they have zero in Bortles!

At the same time, if they can't game plan for the guy they have, I have zero faith in them!
(01-21-2018, 11:18 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]

History means nothing, Bortles played great tonight but the coaching didn't have his back or any of the other players.  C'mon Ray Charles!  Did you watch the game?

Dude.  He made some crapalicious throws today. He made some good ones too, but the bad ones have to be considered.  His accuracy was suspect enough that they limited him when near their own endzone. It's conservative but it's smart at the same time. What they should have done was mix it up more on first and second down with some easy stuff for Blake (fourth quarter)  and they didn't even do that. That was dumb. 

You have a much higher opinion of how well he played than I do, clearly.  I wish they would have turned him loose a bit more, but it was easy for me to see why they didn't feel confident doing it.
(01-21-2018, 11:25 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-21-2018, 11:22 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]We lost the Arizona game because of the same bs.  They had zero faith in Bortles at the end of the first half and at the end we lost because of it

It's clear the coaching staff has zero faith in Bortles no matter how well he plays, they have to go out and get a QB they have faith in.  It's clear in their eyes they have zero in Bortles!

At the same time, if they can't game plan for the guy they have, I have zero faith in them!

Their gameplan for him reduced his INTs - increased his comp. % and increased his YPA.  
The way they did it was eliminating a bunch of the stuff he sucked at and limiting situations in which he was allowed to throw. 

They did pretty well in that regard. 

Blake doesn't give a coordinator a full palette of colors to paint with. It's like tasking a master carpenter to bulid the kitchen cabinets for your dream-home but you're only giving him some scrap wood from a demolition dumpster and a set of lincoln logs to work with.
(01-21-2018, 11:28 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-21-2018, 11:18 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]History means nothing, Bortles played great tonight but the coaching didn't have his back or any of the other players.  C'mon Ray Charles!  Did you watch the game?

Dude.  He made some crapalicious throws today. He made some good ones too, but the bad ones have to be considered.  His accuracy was suspect enough that they limited him when near their own endzone. It's conservative but it's smart at the same time. What they should have done was mix it up more on first and second down with some easy stuff for Blake (fourth quarter)  and they didn't even do that. That was dumb. 

You have a much higher opinion of how well he played than I do, clearly.  I wish they would have turned him loose a bit more, but it was easy for me to see why they didn't feel confident doing it.

Bottmom line then, we both obviously realize the have zero faith in him by evidence of the plays called.  So they have to go out and get a QB they have confidence in, plain. And simple.  You will never beat the Pats playing safe and not trying to win.  Tom Coughlin knows what's up and I'm sure they will hear his opinion within the next few days
(01-21-2018, 11:37 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-21-2018, 11:28 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]Dude.  He made some crapalicious throws today. He made some good ones too, but the bad ones have to be considered.  His accuracy was suspect enough that they limited him when near their own endzone. It's conservative but it's smart at the same time. What they should have done was mix it up more on first and second down with some easy stuff for Blake (fourth quarter)  and they didn't even do that. That was dumb. 

Bottmom line then, we both obviously realize the have zero faith in him by evidence of the plays called.  So they have to go out and get a QB they have confidence in, plain. And simple.  You will never beat the Pats playing safe and not trying to win.  Tom Coughlin knows what's up and I'm sure they will hear his opinion within the next few days

Yes.

They need a guy they can have faith in to open up the playbook and be aggressive. Bortles has been getting better. Maybe he gets to that point in the offseason, but it makes sense to bring in another guy as well. Whatever it takes to make the offense more effective. 

They can win with Blake, but it's going to take more smoke and mirrors than they could muster against NE today. It'll also take some better run blockers up front since they'll need to lean on the run with Blake behind center. 

Either he gets better enough to be trusted or they upgrade the position. I'm down with either, but I don't put this loss solely at the feet of the caches or Bortles. He played pretty well with the tools he has to work with - and they did pretty well with what they had to work with - but neither had a full tool box IMO.