Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Gipson is upgradable
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
He hurt us last week and hurt us yesterday. He's the one that gave up the bug play on 3rd and 18. Everyone knows in that spot, you have to play the sticks. He gets burned far too often and wouldn' mind seeing him replaced.
both safeties leave something to be desired

all those bombs behind them...
He's not bad and neither is Church but they are the weak link in the D.
It's hard to have all stars at every position, but if the Jags had taken Adams instead of Fournette the defense might really be elite this year.

Could have taken a RB like Hunt in the third instead of a backup defensive lineman.
Plenty of positions upgradeable but remember there are good and bad games. Bouye has had a rough few weeks, should we be talking about upgrading him? What about Telvin? That dude is as bad in coverage as Poz. Upgrade?
After all the hand wringing about flags, coaching, and 3rd and 18s...the play that keeps standing out to me is how easily Gipson could have pushed Amendola out of the end zone before he got both feet in bounds if he gave even a tiny bit of effort. Amendola's foot even taps Gipson's hand on the way down. A tiny push and that foot doesn't have a prayer of coming down in bounds. I still haven't gotten any sleep since the game ended and I've seen the networks play the game highlights dozens of times now, and that's the play that sticks in my craw more than any other.
If we simply take the best player available with our first round pick, we will upgrade something. There are about 5 or 10 spots that are "upgradeable." Tight end, offensive line, WR, safety.

I like our defense the way it is. I'd rather try to upgrade the running game with some better offensive linemen. Option 1A would be a TE. Option 1B, believe it or not, would be another pass rusher. Or, maybe we draft a CB and move Ramsey to FS.

Tashaun Gipson is upgradeable, but he'd be very far from my first priority.
He also gave up the TD to Amendola at end of game. Always getting beat.
I’d venture to say he was still hurting yesterday and he wasn’t 100 percent. He’s made a lot of plays for us don’t be so quick to give up on him
Dropped a pick too
I agree T-Gip is upgradeable... but I would go after TE, Oline depth, and possibly another WR (Assuming we let Marquise Lee or Hurns walk).

T-Gip isn't the most help needed position.
TC took notes and is always evaluating. They aren't going to stay where they are and call it a day. That guy is relentless. We need it
(01-22-2018, 09:55 AM)MoJagFan Wrote: [ -> ]TC took notes and is always evaluating.  They aren't going to stay where they are and call it a day.  That guy is relentless.  We need it

That's the great thing about TC.  He will make sure the coaches and scouts and front office people come to work today and start grinding on the next season.   There will be no relaxing.   There will be no resting on laurels.   Every day is a work day.
He didn't drop the pick. He didn't make a play for the ball. On the last td amendola had to drag his foot down the guys body to get it in bounds. Foot or no foot that's awareness.
(01-22-2018, 09:16 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]If we simply take the best player available with our first round pick, we will upgrade something.   There are about 5 or 10 spots that are "upgradeable."   Tight end, offensive line, WR, safety.  

I like our defense the way it is.   I'd rather try to upgrade the running game with some better offensive linemen.   Option 1A would be a TE.   Option 1B, believe it or not, would be another pass rusher.  Or, maybe we draft a CB and move Ramsey to FS.   

Tashaun Gipson is upgradeable, but he'd be very far from my first priority.

Jesus [BLEEP] Christ. Enough of this [BLEEP].
Belichek found the mismatch and Gipson was it, hurt or not.  Burned on the 3 and 18.  Burned on the winning TD, albeit a great awareness catch.  As a previous post stated, push him out of the end zone.  Road-graded on the run that sealed the game.  Upgrade needed indeed.
Damn fellas. 

The guy was playing on a severely sprained ankle. Props to him for gutting it out.
(01-22-2018, 09:06 AM)Upper Wrote: [ -> ]After all the hand wringing about flags, coaching, and 3rd and 18s...the play that keeps standing out to me is how easily Gipson could have pushed Amendola out of the end zone before he got both feet in bounds if he gave even a tiny bit of effort. Amendola's foot even taps Gipson's hand on the way down. A tiny push and that foot doesn't have a prayer of coming down in bounds. I still haven't gotten any sleep since the game ended and I've seen the networks play the game highlights dozens of times now, and that's the play that sticks in my craw more than any other.

I thought that play was there to be made as well. I don't know, maybe he wasn't as close as he looked on camera. I'm not saying he played pporly though. Considering his injury, he did a great job on Gronk before he left the game.
(01-22-2018, 02:10 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: [ -> ]Damn fellas. 

The guy was playing on a severely sprained ankle. Props to him for gutting it out.

Then he shouldn't have played and hurt his team. 

Wilson filled in nicely for him last week.
(01-22-2018, 02:10 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: [ -> ]Damn fellas. 

Not only that, he did a great job shutting down Gronk before the TE left with the concussion. Byard wishes he cover Gronk as well.

I don't see all that many plays where Gip is being burnt. Yeah, the 3rd and 18 was ugly, but I'm struggling to recall another such play.

Simply put, I don't believe Gip is easily upgradable.  There may be a few better FS in this league, but trying to get one of them is free agency may be asking too much.
Pages: 1 2