Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: NFL.com - Jaguars' Jalen Ramsey: 'No positives' to take from loss
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Jaguars' Jalen Ramsey: 'No positives' to take from loss

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...-from-loss

Despite all the positives about the Jaguars' year, cornerback Jalen Ramsey wasn't in the mood to spin optimistic after Jacksonville's 24-20 loss to New England.
Good. I hope this team stews about it all offseason and goes into next year hungrier than ever.
Jalen and AJ don't have the right to go for the football when it's thrown by Tom Brady. That's what I learned.
(01-22-2018, 09:29 AM)rfc17 Wrote: [ -> ]Good.  I hope this team stews about it all offseason and goes into next year hungrier than ever.

Agreed we have a first place schedule and the NFC East next year.  They have to come out angry and attack to obtain their goals.  We have key decisions on the offensive side of the ball to make.
Its tough to put ANY kind of spin on what happened yesterday....we were flat out cheated out of that win.
Thing is we all knew it was coming.....NO ONE beats the "cheatriots" and the refs....NO oNE.
I actually think there is some positives. Ramsey had a crucial PI but that's going to happen being an aggressive and excellent DB. I like his interview in defeat much more than his brash talking gibberish from last week after the win at Pittsburg. He matured in the game he just doesn't know it yet. He's a leader and will translate to the field in the form of composure.
(01-22-2018, 09:46 AM)Patriot71 Wrote: [ -> ]I actually think there is some positives. Ramsey had a crucial PI but that's going to happen being an aggressive and excellent DB. I like his interview in defeat much more than his brash talking gibberish from last week after the win at Pittsburg. He matured in the game he just doesn't know it yet. He's a leader and will translate to the field in the form of composure.

Funny thing about that call.  Normally you don't get the benefit of the doubt when the ball is way over the guys head and you both are hand checking.  Ramsey used the sideline to his advantage and got flagged for it.  That wasn't the difference in the game but yeah he will grow with this.  Enjoy it while it lasts.  Your team traded away the guy in waiting and it all ends with your aging QB.  Honestly I'd trade places with you in a second.  Of course I'm bitter and jealous, how can you not be when we have been the butt of every joke for a decade.
Go home cheatriot....just go home.
Jalen ramsey has to be jalen ramsey. His PI was atrocious. Go research the play. Dareus drills Brady who just chucks up a prayer. If jalen tracks the ball correctly he PICKS IT.
(01-22-2018, 09:52 AM)MoJagFan Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-22-2018, 09:46 AM)Patriot71 Wrote: [ -> ]I actually think there is some positives. Ramsey had a crucial PI but that's going to happen being an aggressive and excellent DB. I like his interview in defeat much more than his brash talking gibberish from last week after the win at Pittsburg. He matured in the game he just doesn't know it yet. He's a leader and will translate to the field in the form of composure.

Funny thing about that call.  Normally you don't get the benefit of the doubt when the ball is way over the guys head and you both are hand checking.  Ramsey used the sideline to his advantage and got flagged for it.  That wasn't the difference in the game but yeah he will grow with this.  Enjoy it while it lasts.  Your team traded away the guy in waiting and it all ends with your aging QB.  Honestly I'd trade places with you in a second.  Of course I'm bitter and jealous, how can you not be when we have been the butt of every joke for a decade.
I don't know the Jags contract situation but the D will always keep them in games. Notice has been served and teams will come at them with a little extra next season. They just went toe to toe with the Patriots and the refs, in Foxboro, in the AFCCG. They aren't the butt of anyones jokes any longer.

(01-22-2018, 10:29 AM)jj82284 Wrote: [ -> ]Jalen ramsey has to be jalen ramsey.  His PI was atrocious.  Go research the play.  Dareus drills Brady who just chucks up a prayer.  If jalen tracks the ball correctly he PICKS IT.

I've seen the play at least 20 times. It was PI.
I agree the Jalen Ramsey call was PI. Most people here would. The PI by Bouye was suspect. I don't mind the calls. We just get annoyed when it doesn't go both ways. The Pats fans here tend to focus on the calls that were made and ignore the ones that weren't. I can handle a couple bad calls. Refs aren't perfect. I just don't appreciate the blatant no calls.

The Jags D is legit, though. They need to play less zone (coaching error in the second half), as it is not a strength of this team. They could have blitzed a few more times, as the ones they did use were effective. I just hope this pushes this team to get better. Marrone and company need to move out of that old-school mindset and push harder. Stop being so conservative.
(01-22-2018, 09:29 AM)rfc17 Wrote: [ -> ]Good.  I hope this team stews about it all offseason and goes into next year hungrier than ever.

Me too and they will.  They will be better from this loss I guarantee it.
This defense will be better. At most, we lose Dareus and Poz, but Brown has taken over quite a bit in his place. Young players like Ramsey, Jack, Telvin, and Yannick are getting better. If we can luck out in defensive injuries like we did this year then we’re going deep into the playoffs again next year.