Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Where are you in the seven stages of grief?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Shock/Disbelief: I can't believe that **** just happened
Denial: I actually had a dream last night that the game finished as a tie and overtime was gonna be played tomorrow... woke up believing it too Sad (true story)
Bargaining: If we get Smith / Cousins / Brees / pay the refs, we will win it all next year! 
Guilt: I wore different socks than I did for the Steelers game, it's my fault they lost!
Anger: [BLEEP] stinking cheating refs, corrupt NFL, Cheatriots..........
Depression: It's really over, it could be years until we get another shot Sad
Acceptance/Hope: We have a damn good team and will be challenging for years to come!

TBH, I seem to have a strange mix of all the last three stages at the same time right now!
Good funny post. I went straight to acceptance.
Nothing is guaranteed. I hope we are back next year but you never know. Schedule is brutal.
Acceptance
Acceptance. As much as I WANTED to beleive we would advance to the SB, my head knew it wasn't possible with TB and the Pats in the way.
Acceptance......still pretty po'ed though
I wish I could walk around town and punch anyone with a Patriots bumper sticker or shirt/hat on.
I went straight to the Anger/Depression stage and I'm still there.
We hit acceptance pretty quickly as a family. No one is happy but what are you going to do. Team has a major challenge in 2018 so we will see how they respond.
Never was angry, just sad
Acceptance. What else can you do? I find satisfaction in knowing that the Jags were the better team and that the nation for the following weeks will all know as well. There is simply too much evidence hitting the internet by the second that the league will certainly have to address the system that allowed such bias in the officiating.

I can guarantee that our players damn sure know they are the superior team.
(01-22-2018, 10:29 AM)Monty Wrote: [ -> ]I wish I could walk around town and punch anyone with a Patriots bumper sticker or shirt/hat on.

That will pass in two weeks.
I was at acceptance when it was 20-17 jags lol.

We have a good team. Jags aren’t sorry anymore and we got a qb. I’m good to go
(01-22-2018, 10:14 AM)BklynJag Wrote: [ -> ]Nothing is guaranteed. I hope we are back next year but you never know. Schedule is brutal.

Not necessarily worried about the schedule. We actually play great against tough teams (Seattle, Steelers, Pats).  We lost to the Jets, and 49ers.
I’ll forever be in anger.
Joy and jubilation from 1st qtr to 11, 12 minutes into 2nd qtr, then turning sad, 4 point lead at halftime against Brady, acceptance.
(01-22-2018, 11:52 AM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: [ -> ]I’ll forever be in anger.

I’m still ticked about ‘99...I’m not going to get over this one either.
(01-22-2018, 10:11 AM)JagJohn Wrote: [ -> ]Shock/Disbelief: I can't believe that **** just happened
Denial: I actually had a dream last night that the game finished as a tie and overtime was gonna be played tomorrow... woke up believing it too Sad (true story)
Bargaining: If we get Smith / Cousins / Brees / pay the refs, we will win it all next year! 
Guilt: I wore different socks than I did for the Steelers game, it's my fault they lost!
Anger: [BLEEP] stinking cheating refs, corrupt NFL, Cheatriots..........
Depression: It's really over, it could be years until we get another shot Sad
Acceptance/Hope: We have a damn good team and will be challenging for years to come!

TBH, I seem to have a strange mix of all the last three stages at the same time right now!

Acceptance for me..it is what it is...we didn't get it done
I accepted it last week. We knew what a game up there would be like.
(01-22-2018, 10:29 AM)Monty Wrote: [ -> ]I wish I could walk around town and punch anyone with a Patriots bumper sticker or shirt/hat on.

Sounds like a plan. Road trip to Boston? I'll drive.

I am in the Hope stage. A [BLEEP] good team, just poor adjustments and planning. And one missing piece....
Pages: 1 2 3