Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: NFL.com - Jaguars players aren't happy with penalty discrepancy
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Jaguars players aren't happy with penalty discrepancy

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...iscrepancy

The Jacksonville Jaguars were called for six penalties for 98 yards, including two big pass interference flags during Sunday's loss. The New England Patriots were flagged one time for 10 yards.
They need to learn to stop complaining and take the next step towards getting better.
The entire nation witnessed it. The country and world knows the better team did not win the game and it came directly at the hands of poor, biased officiating.
I put some of the blame on officiating. Mainly the 2 non-DPI calls on Marcedes. However, I think this game rests more on Hackett and Wash calling an absolutely atrocious second half. That is something you can control. Our players were better, but the coaches put them in positions to fail repeatedly in the second half.

I miss 2015 Bortles that would audible out of runs in awful situations. Why isn't he allowed to do this again?
Jags played the best first half they've ever played. In the second they were completely shutdown on O and shot themselves in the foot on D. You gotta play four great quarters to beat the Patriots and the refs.
(01-22-2018, 11:22 AM)Patriot71 Wrote: [ -> ]Jags played the best first half they've ever played. In the second they were completely shutdown on O and shot themselves in the foot on D. You gotta play four great quarters to beat the Patriots and the refs.

This I agree with. We should have won the game. But we took the foot off the pedal in the second half and played scared with Bortles. I'm still at a loss as to why Grant and yeldon weren't used as much... We didn't lose from the officiating, but it damn sure didn't help. Just disappointing.
(01-22-2018, 11:07 AM)Patriot71 Wrote: [ -> ]They need to learn to stop complaining and take the next step towards getting better.

The one and only reason your garbage team wins is because of the refs.
I can only imagine the Patriots fans reactions if they had lost, and the game was called like it was in our favor instead of theirs. And it'd be fair complaints. But they were against us, and so of course Patriots homers are going to be Patriots homers and see no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil.
(01-22-2018, 11:07 AM)Patriot71 Wrote: [ -> ]They need to learn to stop complaining and take the next step towards getting better.

Don't worry, they will.  Next years game against the Patriots won't leave any room for the officials to change the game.

(01-22-2018, 11:22 AM)Patriot71 Wrote: [ -> ]Jags played the best first half they've ever played. In the second they were completely shutdown on O and shot themselves in the foot on D. You gotta play four great quarters to beat the Patriots and the refs.

Shut down by two missed PI calls on our TE that would have kept drives going.
You cant box a guy out of bounds Bouye. the ref made the right call. The question is did the Patriots really not interfere with one of our receivers? Not once?
(01-22-2018, 02:41 PM)badger Wrote: [ -> ]You cant box a guy out of bounds Bouye.  the ref made the right call.  The question is did the Patriots really not interfere with one of our receivers?  Not once?

Cooks ran at Bouye and reached out to stop Bouye from jamming him. From then on, both of them played patty cake. There was equal interference from both parties on a pass that was significantly overthrown. 

Pretty bad call
(01-22-2018, 11:26 AM)jvillejagsn1 Wrote: [ -> ]

This I agree with. We should have won the game. But we took the foot off the pedal in the second half and played scared with Bortles. I'm still at a loss as to why Grant and yeldon weren't used as much... We didn't lose from the officiating, but it damn sure didn't help. Just disappointing.

@patriot71  - The Jags have played plenty of halves, quarters, games that well or better.  If it had been their best it would have included multiple turnovers forced, a couple more sacks and a big run. 

@jville  - They clearly thought they'd wear down the pats front with Fournette until he broke a big one like they did in week 9 against pittsburgh.  It didn't work and it wasn't a wise strategy to adopt.