Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Jaguars.com - Jaguars sign nine players to reserve/futures contracts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Jaguars sign nine players to reserve/futures contracts

http://prod.www.jaguars.clubs.nfl.com/ne...67989c694b

The Jacksonville Jaguars have signed nine players to reserve/future contracts, the club announced today.
(01-22-2018, 04:10 PM)Jaxson Wrote: [ -> ]Jaguars sign nine players to reserve/futures contracts

http://prod.www.jaguars.clubs.nfl.com/ne...67989c694b

The Jacksonville Jaguars have signed nine players to reserve/future contracts, the club announced today.

Charlie Freaking Miller is back !!!  This will be a good replacement at Safety for T. Gipson.  What Charlie lacks in speed, athleticism, and instincts, he makes up for in overall GPA; dude was named Cosida Academic All-District I

NO.[BLEEP].NAMEHT.WT.EXP.COLLEGE
79DEHunter DimickUtah
57LBBrooks Ellis-Arkansas
66OLAvery GennesyTexas A&M
86TEDavid Grinnage-51North Carolina State
34SCharlie Miller-Dartmouth
29CBSammy Seamste Middle Tennessee State
16WRTevaun SmithIowa
70OLBrandon ThomasClemson
38RBBrandon WildsSouth Carolina

[Image: EICTQQEFNDVGLQV.20160914115658.jpg]

[Image: BXKWMFXDJITZQRM.20161103210420.jpg]
Sorry this may be a dumb question but what is a reserve/future contract? I'm confused... were these just UDFA's floating around?
Championship!
"replacement for Gip"

Hahahahaha ok. Gip isn't going anywhere
Glad to see Hunter Dimick and Avery Genesee signed for camp in 2018 really liked both of them before last season. Brandon Thomas is an honorable mention as well, played decently at Clemson.
(01-22-2018, 04:23 PM)Inziladun Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry this may be a dumb question but what is a reserve/future contract? I'm confused... were these just UDFA's floating around?

It’s basically a camp contract. The majority of these guys were already on our practice squad and with the season ending they were now free to sign anywhere else. Now they can at least come in for offseason work and compete for a roster spot.