Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Bortles live on Facebook
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
He said two things I think we can all agree with... 

1) He said he has learned that people (fans) don't care about players they care about winning - guess that's the obvious one

2) He said the mustard jerseys are terrible and someone had to say it. 

One thing I notice about events like this, they never ask the obvious questions like about his mechanics or decision making or anything like that. Why?

What page was this on? Like a fan page?..

Jacksonville Jaguars facebook page I think, I just got a notification that said they were live so I clicked on it. Gus is on now.

Quote:Jacksonville Jaguars facebook page I think, I just got a notification that said they were live so I clicked on it. Gus is on now.

Ah ok, I'll check it out later then... thanks.
Quote:1) He said he has learned that people (fans) don't care about players they care about winning - guess that's the obvious one

It's true. We want to win. We're dedicated to this [Image: jaguarsb_logo.gif] above all else. We live in this city. We are Jacksonville. Y'all are dudes who will come and go. We aren't getting paid millions like them. Jacksonville is forever.

I disagree with Blake. Yes, the fans obviously care about winning more, because this is a 16 week GAME.

However, I certainly understand the big picture, these are young men competeting in a sport where the spotlight is constantly on them. I root for Blake, ARob, etc, I think they are really cool guys and good people I want them specifically to succeed. Same when Freddy T left for the Pats, I wanted so badly for him to get a SB ring
Quote:He said two things I think we can all agree with... 

1) He said he has learned that people (fans) don't care about players they care about winning - guess that's the obvious one

One thing I notice about events like this, they never ask the obvious questions like about his mechanics or decision making or anything like that. Why?

That's not exactly true. I believe that they care about the players when they are winning, and/or playing well. This is especially true when they are winning and a good player gets hurt and can't play the next game or 2.

Now if the players aren't winning and are playing bad or under-preforming and the team looks unprepared and awful, well, that's a whole different story and the fans will let you know about it one way or another.
Quote:That's not exactly true. I believe that they care about the players when they are winning, and/or playing well. This is especially true when they are winning and a good player gets hurt and can't play the next game or 2.

Now if the players aren't winning and are playing bad or under-preforming and the team looks unprepared and awful, well, that's a whole different story and the fans will let you know about it one way or another.

Umm that was already obvious? That's why I said "guess that's the obvious one". It's pretty clear to Bortles that the fans don't care about the players unless they're winning. 
I don't have FB, but if I did, I would ask him why they suck so bad.

Don't care how Blake feels. He needs to tighten up or hit the bricks.
I care about the players and winning. There has been no return on the financial and emotional investment I continue to make in this team. Sorry that Blake feels hurt that fans are frustrated. Many of them have been standing united, all in, wanting more and wanting to believe it's built for far longer than he's been here. I'll pull for him Thursday and every game beyond to take us out of the cellar and keep us from being a national punchline.. again. But I gave up on optimism before he even got here. I became a realist. Screw the hype.. show me on game day who you are. So far, this team is a stinker. I promise to never boo you. But don't take it personal if I shake my head in disgust at the sub par product I continue to root for against all reason and hope. Someday we won't stink. Someday.
It's not high school where the fans are the players parents. NFL is a professional environment where only winning matters

He made no sense with his first statement. Of course the fans care about the players. That's why we're constantly pissing and moaning when you sorry players can't get the job done and win football games. We need good coaches and good players to win football games. We all care about individual players and performances. Get the job done. You've got 50,000+ fans here at home and hundreds of thousands more supporting you in any shape or form. It's your job to win football games buddy. Get it done. 

He's right. I don't wish him any ill-will outside of football, but at long as he's playing for the team I cheer for, I only care about what he can bring to the table for the team. I bring my consumer money, he's supposed to (help) bring wins.

Bortles is a whiner just like his body language against the Raiders. Cam Newtonish whining.

For any fans to show up or watch on tv. They have to care for the team.

Blake needs to consentrate more on improving his game then worrying bout fans.

He is paid millions we get by check to check to come to games or watch games.

It all is expensive. 400 dollars isnt cheap to familys. 60 dollars and up a ticket is not cheap to familys.

We deserve a winning product. 8 years is too long of this. You play to win the game.
Quote:He said two things I think we can all agree with...

You must not have caught the whole thing. He talked about how he is always working on his mechanics and that he needs to "shorten the stroke" but that there isn't ample time during the season to get the mechanics where they need to be.
Blake hasn't mean Space Coast Jag yet. He cares 'bigly' about Blake.

I heard T-wig say today that Bortles said he knows his mechanics are off and need to be worked on. He also said it's not something that can be done during the season.

Pretty crazy. That means we have to put up with poor play the rest of the year.
Quote:I heard T-wig say today that Bortles said he knows his mechanics are off and need to be worked on. He also said it's not something that can be done during the season.

Pretty crazy. That means we have to put up with poor play the rest of the year.

Bortles must have a bad memory then. Or just plain lazy. This article that came out before last season said that Tom House taught Bortles a self-checklist so he would be able to recognize a bad throw and how to fix it.

“Tightening mechanics,” Bortles said in explaining what House did for him. “Throwing with not just all arm, using the whole body and figuring out how to do that. Having a checklist and being able to say it was a bad throw and this is what went wrong and this is how you fix it.”

http://jacksonville.com/sports/football/...ke-bortles

This is very worrying to me. Last year he had a checklist to be able to quickly fix his mechanics issues, but this season it can't be done during the season?
Pages: 1 2