Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: I think Bortles should be benched the rest of the year.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Maybe it would prove to be unfruitful, but I believe at this point in time the best option would be to bench him and have him focus on his mechanics/decision making in practice and not be forced into game action with a line that doesn't give him any time to improve. Let Brandon Allen get a shot to earn Henne's job next year and (possibly) prove to be more than that, stop forcing Bortles into an uncomfortable situation it's clearly tearing him down week by week. 

Quote:Maybe it would prove to be unfruitful, but I believe at this point in time the best option would be to bench him and have him focus on his mechanics/decision making in practice and not be forced into game action with a line that doesn't give him any time to improve. Let Brandon Allen get a shot to earn Henne's job next year and (possibly) prove to be more than that, stop forcing Bortles into an uncomfortable situation it's clearly tearing him down week by week. 

Can we bench you? :teehee:
Don't pls Sad

Quote:Maybe it would prove to be unfruitful, but I believe at this point in time the best option would be to bench him and have him focus on his mechanics/decision making in practice and not be forced into game action with a line that doesn't give him any time to improve. Let Brandon Allen get a shot to earn Henne's job next year and (possibly) prove to be more than that, stop forcing Bortles into an uncomfortable situation it's clearly tearing him down week by week. 

Please stop
Quote:Please stop
I'm sorry that I'm more competent than our coaching staff (which isn't saying much)
Quote:Please stop

This.
Trust me I already know how much [BLEEP] i'm about to get for that last comment lmao. 

Quote:I'm sorry that I'm more competent than our coaching staff (which isn't saying much)

Not this.
he's in his third year. there is no time for "let him work on..." from the bench. we drafted him, let it ride. nothing good will happen with Brandon Allen starting.  at best he's average which gets us no where anyway. there is no quick fix here.

I'm confused, has this turned into a defend Bortles thread or did the TC go to far? 

I don't think benching him is the solution.  Let him play the season out and see what he's made of.  I do think that the coaches need to be brutally honest with him in his short comings.  Don't down play or sugar coat how awful he has been to date, this year.

it's frustrating to realize that this team is still not ready to compete at a high level, but that's the truth.  and like i said, there is no quick fix. there is no roster move that is going to suddenly turn this team into a contender.  we are what we are. deal with it.

He's still our best option. Until we are realistically out of contention for the south, he will be our starter.
We need to keep him in so we can tank for Peppers or Fournette.

And then start him again next year so he can tank for Lamar Jackson
Why isn't he improving his mechanics at all? Does it really take a whole offseason to not dip the ball?

Quote:We need to keep him in so we can tank for Peppers or Fournette.

No please god no Peppers, the defense is more than capable of being legit... even with all the time they're on the field they're still (let me check ESPN) 5th in the league. 

I don't want Fournette either with this line, but take either Fournette/QB/OL in the 1st for sure. 
Dalvin Cook in the 1st round, Chad Kelly in the 2nd round

Nope nope nope aaaaaaaaaaand nope.
I say we bench the whole damn team and call in the entire cast from the movie The Replacements to lead this franchise to the promised land. Gene Hackman pretending to be a head coach > Gus Bradley's actual real life coaching skills. 

Quote:We need to keep him in so we can tank for Peppers or Fournette.

I'm on board with this.
Pages: 1 2 3