Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: How many time this year did we get screwd of a TD on a fumble?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
3 times clearly I can think of we caused a fumble where the refs blew it dead and would of been clear TDs had it not been blown dead.  The SD game, the Browns game, and the Pats game.  Those just off the top of my head.  What a joke to be screwed game after game by the refs.  When does it end?
It doesn't...They'll get us for 6 next year.
I agree. Fowler and Smith should atleast have another TD each.
They also blew the whistle too early in the 49ers game. Player fumbled before he was down however the whistle was blown. We couldn't challenge the play because of that. We recovered the ball. Could have changed the momentum of the game.
(01-24-2018, 09:20 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]I agree. Fowler and Smith should atleast have another TD each.

Gipson in the Chargers game as well
I believe it was 4.
The refs need to let it play out unless they are 100% certain. Let it play out and it can be overturned
(01-24-2018, 09:38 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]The refs need to let it play out unless they are 100% certain.  Let it play out and it can be overturned

They're actually supposed to do that. It's amazing how many times they don't.
(01-24-2018, 09:28 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...officials/

Oh please, what a joke. Not blowing a whistle is too much to expect? Then get them off the field. I understand they can't be perfect, but that is as simple as it gets.. The ball comes out, you can fix literally every aspect of the play with a review(was it a fumble, was he down, where is he down, time on clock, etc.) What a [BLEEP] article.
(01-24-2018, 09:53 PM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-24-2018, 09:28 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...officials/

Oh please, what a joke. Not blowing a whistle is too much to expect? Then get them off the field. I understand they can't be perfect, but that is as simple as it gets.. The ball comes out, you can fix literally every aspect of the play with a review(was it a fumble, was he down, where is he down, time on clock, etc.) What a [BLEEP] article.

If there was no safety concern to players, the ref should let it play out. What is the hurry to blow the whistle? I can understand when a runner was tackled in the middle of a pile of players but a fumble recovery?
Colvin (I believe) in the Rams game.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
I love this topic because I’ve thought of this myself. Honestly with atleast 4 times just from this team you’d have to assume the nfl will review these during the summer and change the rule going forward
(01-25-2018, 01:24 AM)Ocelot Jones Wrote: [ -> ]Colvin (I believe) in the Rams game.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Yes, this one too, they blew an early whistle while he was returning it (there wasn't a clear path to the endzone as in Jack's case against the Patriots but he had tons of blocker ahead of him and would have given us a much better field position).
We still got the ball but in a much worse position that we were supposed to.
Of course when it goes the other way they keep the whistle in their pocket. See the Jets game with Bilal Powell for an example. Our player takes his leg out from under him sending him skidding into the turf, and he is allowed to get back up and waltz into the end zone.
The last one is gonna hurt for a while. Nothing like getting screwed 6 points when you lose by 4.
here is a video for everyone. Note its fake news,but some of whats said in it is true. NFL is rigged.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVtYT2itKuE
They just need to let the play run it's entire course and then review it. So if the ball is considered live at any point on the field they need to let it go. All scoring plays are reviewed any way. So at that point they could have let the play go. Then you go back and see all the angles. Was it a fumble? Check. Did Jack get up at any point without being touched by an opponent? Check. Did he run down the field and score? Check. At any point during the replay they could have determined the outcome of the play after it had ran it's course. That needs to be the way it goes for now on.

That "blowing the play dead" [BLEEP] cost us this game at the end of the day. And the same thing happened to the Chiefs when Derrick Johnson made one hell of a play on Marcus Mariota. What I don't like is the inconsistency of the officials. We've all seen it where they'll let the offensive lineman pull a rugby huddle up or scrum and start moving the ball carrier towards the goal line. Why aren't they "blowing the play dead" in those cases?

Same with the delay of game that's supposed to be a dead ball foul BEFORE the ball is snapped. What if one of our players got hurt on that play and then they decided to throw the flag? That decision had HUGE implications when it came to the momentum and ultimate outcome of that game as well. It's one thing for a bad call to [BLEEP] the whole game up. One bad call here and there is one thing.

This game had a [BLEEP] ton of bad calls or blown calls or no calls. And that's why most people and fans are outraged. As they should be. It's the play-offs. It's a championship game. And this is one of the best officiating crews the NFL had to offer up? It was butchered completely. Lopsided towards the end of the 2nd quarter. Even that little weasel looking [BLEEP] got called out by Marrone with that garbage PI call and when Marrone said "I can't believe that call cost us 7 points in a championship game". You could see the look of shame and guilt on that little [BLEEP] head's face.