Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Important time for Bortles!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Adversity is a part of the game that each player goes thru and no one is facing as much adversity as Blake Bortles. If you ask me, these next few games for  the Jaguars, win or lose, will show me if Blake has the heart and competitive edge it takes to be consistently successful in this league. After deeper observation, he looks like a guy who lacks confidence and his mechanics have been awful. Is it work ethic, desire, or coaching? Who knows. But one thing is for sure none of those things matter if he doesn't have the heart. If you ask me, he is the primary reason we stink right now and needs to show me something these next few weeks.  

I'm sure he's looking for the nearest buffalo wild wings in nashville. Gotta go with the extra hot so he has that fire in his belly come Thursday night.
the important time i think was this past offseason where it doesn't appear that he put in all that much work

Quote:the important time i think was this past offseason where it doesn't appear that he put in all that much work
Of course he put in work. First step was the fried pickles, but he really wanted to push himself so he went with an order of potato skins too. Wash that down with 3 beers before the wings arrive. Traditional of course, boneless is for chumps. Hot BBQ, and Asian zing wit extra bleu cheese on the side. No celery of course, this is an important offseason. Take a break and hydrate with 3 more beers before taking the hot wings challenge. Repeat 4 times every week.

Blake's offseason plan
Quote:Of course he put in work. First step was the fried pickles, but he really wanted to push himself so he went with an order of potato skins too. Wash that down with 3 beers before the wings arrive. Traditional of course, boneless is for chumps. Hot BBQ, and Asian zing wit extra bleu cheese on the side. No celery of course, this is an important offseason. Take a break and hydrate with 3 more beers before taking the hot wings challenge. Repeat 4 times every week.

Blake's offseason plan

no celery? that's the problem. 
Quote:no celery? that's the problem.

Vegetables are to be avoided. He suffered a setback when they accidentally put lettuce and tomato in his buffalo chicken wrap but he pushed through it by downing 5 shots of fireball.