Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Jags win ZERO awards at NFL Honors
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So nothing. 

McVay gets coach of the year, of course going one and done in the playoffs outweighs a road win in Pittsburgh. Marrone got 2 out of 50 votes and lost to Zimmer by 9 votes.

And Aaron Donald took DMVP. He's a great talent but really? What standout things did he do? He's one of the best in the league, his bar is always high. Great year by Calais gets him second none of our secondary.

Add Boselli's snub and it feels like the good old days.

The NFL hates the Jags.
Rigged
Not surprised...
Don't worry Tom and his boys will take care of business tomorrow, at least we can say we lost to the 'champs'
(02-03-2018, 09:38 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: [ -> ]The NFL hates the Jags.

More fuel for the fire and the sweeter the victory when it comes....
The Campbell one is the biggest surprise and snub. Calais had more sacks (3.5 more) and tackles (15 more). Marrone was deserving of more than 2 votes imo
We had a lot of podium appearances, but I actually agree with all of the awards (just the season awards not counting hall of fame vote). I think they did a really good job this year.
(02-03-2018, 10:23 PM)Upper Wrote: [ -> ]We had a lot of podium appearances, but I actually agree with all of the awards (just the season awards not counting hall of fame vote). I think they did a really good job this year.

How do you support Donald over Calais?
(02-03-2018, 10:28 PM)JNev Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-03-2018, 10:23 PM)Upper Wrote: [ -> ]We had a lot of podium appearances, but I actually agree with all of the awards (just the season awards not counting hall of fame vote). I think they did a really good job this year.

How do you support Donald over Calais?

I just know sacks are a dumb stat. Donald had far more pressures at a position where they are harder to get and he was doubled teamed a lot more. He was also better against the run. He also forced more fumbles. He was both PFF and NFL1000s top rated player in the entire league. Calais is great, but he's not Donald. No one is, at any position. Not a knock on Campbell he was a worthy runner up.
The NFL to the Jaguars.

[Image: EnSjtgK.gif]
And Aaron Rodgers took a shot at Jville too.
(02-03-2018, 11:36 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]And Aaron Rodgers took a shot at Jville too.

What did he say?
I hope this team shows up on a mission next season
Coach of the year should be year end, or at least up to today. I agree Marrone should have more than 2, but Pederson got the biggest robbery of the night. 1 vote with arguably the No 1 QB and LT out this year and still in the Super Bowl?
(02-03-2018, 11:45 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-03-2018, 11:36 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]And Aaron Rodgers took a shot at Jville too.

What did he say?

Seemed like he was asked about bad super bowl setups. Went on to say "not gonna mention and city names Jacksonville, but Minneapolis is doing a good job."
Bortles should of won comeback player of the year. You cant vote for Marrone it is a regular season award.
(02-04-2018, 06:30 AM)myrick31 Wrote: [ -> ]Bortles should of won comeback player of the year.  You cant vote for  Marrone it is a regular season award.

Ummmm...
RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!!!
I think Calais deserved DPOTY over Donald. And maybe a case can be made for Marrone as COTY. But that’s about it
(02-03-2018, 09:38 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: [ -> ]So nothing. 

McVay gets coach of the year, of course going one and done in the playoffs outweighs a road win in Pittsburgh. Marrone got 2 out of 50 votes and lost to Zimmer by 9 votes.

And Aaron Donald took DMVP. He's a great talent but really? What standout things did he do? He's one of the best in the league, his bar is always high. Great year by Calais gets him second none of our secondary.

Add Boselli's snub and it feels like the good old days.

The NFL hates the Jags.

its not the Jaguars the NFL hates,its the city of Jacksonville the nfl hates. They tried to make us the only team to lose to browns this last season. a winless team has no pentelies when we have a bunch. There was serveal other games besides pats game the nfl called everything on us. I been trying to tell people for years,and no one beliaves me. NFL won't alloew Jaguars to Super Bowl until team has moved to london,and then by thier 2 coned year there they will win the Super Bowl. The nfl hates city of Jacksonville so much they will alloew the browns to get to a Super Bowl before Jaguars. the nfl even had a refree admit to it serveal years ago,the only ref to ever tell the truth,and he got fired. I belieave the name was mike,or tim something. I don't rember his name,it was long ago.
Pages: 1 2