Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Team wide regression
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Bortles

ARob

Hurns

Thomas

Yeldon

House

Greene

Parnell

Odrick

Fowler (I'm including Fowler because he was great this off season until Gus and Wash started adding their own "tweaks" to him.)

All have gone downhill this season. If you're still on the fence about Gus this should be your telltale sign that nothing good comes out of prolonged exposure to the Gus.

Caldwell's baby is being destroyed slowly as each game passes. I'm not one to call out the ownership but Khan has to do something if we lose Thursday before Ramsey, Jack, and Ngakoue catch whatever cancer Gus is spreading to our team.
And also others and former players.

Mccray

Gratz

D. Robinson

Cyprien

House

Ace sanders

All had promising starts to thier careers...
isnt it odd how we draft a lot of guy who have promising 1st years and even 2nd years and then fall off completely? Hmmm. 

That's what poor coaching across the board gets you. Can't wait till Gus is gone.
Team wide?

Defense is better than it's been in a long time...
Yeah I disagree too. The defense is much improved and so is the special teams minus the punt return gaffes yesterday. 

Basically Blake and everything Blake has his fingers in have gotten worse. That's about all I see. If he was playing at a franchise level we would have a winning record, a division lead, and there wouldn't be a problem in sight (except maybe a minor pass rush issue). 

Quote:Team wide?

No thanks to Gus
How Bortles has become so wildly inaccurate is what is strange to me. Being inaccurate is one thing but how bad his accuracy has been is very bizarre. You wouldn't make a high school team, much less college or the NFL with the accuracy he has shown. It has been so bad that, and this will sound weird, its like he is playing so bad and so inaccurately that it is obvious that he isn't that bad. I mean he is clearly aiming for receivers on timing routes which is a big no no and why balls are behind guys, but he has never done that before. So why now? What is he being told or shown? Why has he started standing flat footed and straight up all of the sudden? What do they have him focus on week to week? Has he basically said "screw it" because he doesn't like what they have him do and work on and he knows next year its going to be a new coach anyways? Is that why his touch and accuracy is falling from game to game? So many questions leave you with a headache

Quote:Team wide?

Six new starters who haven't had time to be ruined by the Jags coaching staff.

I remember a couple seasons ago, some fans felt the defense was fixed. Remember? It was senderick marks' first year. We held a lot of teams below 20 points, and most teams below 23 points.

We thought our defense was much improved and on the rise.

Turned out that was an aberration. When a team like the jags have no real offense, teams get very conservative once they get the lead.

That's what happened in 2014. And that is probably the reason for our defense looking some what serviceable so far this year. I'm not buying it this time.

Fool me once... Fool me, you don't get fooled again.
Quote:isnt it odd how we draft a lot of guy who have promising 1st years and even 2nd years and then fall off completely? Hmmm. 

Quote:That's what poor coaching across the board gets you. Can't wait till Gus is gone.
Or, it's an abundance of money and all the dope you can smoke.

Not saying I haven't had it with Gus... I have.

Quote:I remember a couple seasons ago, some fans felt the defense was fixed. Remember? It was senderick marks' first year. We held a lot of teams below 20 points, and most teams below 23 points.

We thought our defense was much improved and on the rise.

Turned out that was an aberration. When a team like the jags have no real offense, teams get very conservative once they get the lead.

That's what happened in 2014. And that is probably the reason for our defense looking some what serviceable so far this year. I'm not buying it this time.

Fool me once... Fool me, you don't get fooled again.

Different is this defense does have talent now. BUT that's the sign of a poorly coached team.
Quote:Six new starters who haven't had time to be ruined by the Jags coaching staff.

Bingo.
Though I'm sure it won't erase the concerns of most Jaguars fans when looking at the long lists above,  2 relatively young non-rookie players on the team that seem to be playing very well are Telvin Smith and Brandon Linder.    If both can remain relatively healthy from this point forward,   they very likely are going to be compensated well when contract time occurs.   Smith helped keep the Jaguars in the fringe edges of the Raiders game.

Quote:How Bortles has become so wildly inaccurate is what is strange to me. Being inaccurate is one thing but how bad his accuracy has been is very bizarre. You wouldn't make a high school team, much less college or the NFL with the accuracy he has shown. It has been so bad that, and this will sound weird, its like he is playing so bad and so inaccurately that it is obvious that he isn't that bad. I mean he is clearly aiming for receivers on timing routes which is a big no no and why balls are behind guys, but he has never done that before. So why now? What is he being told or shown? Why has he started standing flat footed and straight up all of the sudden? What do they have him focus on week to week? Has he basically said "screw it" because he doesn't like what they have him do and work on and he knows next year its going to be a new coach anyways? Is that why his touch and accuracy is falling from game to game? So many questions leave you with a headache

Poor mechanics
Quote:Poor mechanics because of poor coaching

FTFY.
Quote:Poor mechanics
100% correct. Why have they gotten far worse than they ever have been. The simple answer for a lot of people are "he sucks, worst qb in the league." I don't buy that.
Do y'all believe me now?
Pages: 1 2