Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: NFL.com - Colts' Frank Reich: 'Backup role has suited me well'
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Colts' Frank Reich: 'Backup role has suited me well'

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...ed-me-well

The Colts on Tuesday introduced new coach Frank Reich to the media, an episode of fanfare coming less than a week after the team was jilted by Josh McDaniels. That incident certainly came up.
Underwhelming hire. Reich wasn't thought highly enough by anyone there to even merit a phone call in the original search, nevertheless an actual interview.

McDaniels hires a staff and bolts and Irsay panicked and called Polian for direction and he pushed them in Reich's direction.

I think he is a career coordinator who knew this was his best shot at ever getting a HC job and thus was willing to work for a crap owner who meddles, a GM who wasn't trusted to pick his own coach, a depleted roster, a QB mess, and a staff picked by the HC whom he doesn't even know. Just a burbling mess here in Indy. And I'm enjoying it immensely!
(02-14-2018, 06:59 PM)IndyJagsFan Wrote: [ -> ]McDaniels hires a staff and bolts and Irsay panicked and called Polian for direction and he pushed them in Reich's direction.
Have Irsay and Polian patched things up? I don’t think Coughlin has made up with Wayne Weaver.