Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Heroin now kills more people than guns
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Heroin now kills more people than guns: Drugs overdoses claimed 50,000 lives in the US last year
  • The number of heroin deaths rose 23% to 12,989, more than gun homicides
  • Fentanyl - a synthetic opiate - claimed 16,000 lives, equivalent to 44 per day
  • Heroin claimed the life of Hollywood actor Philip Seymour Hoffman in 2014 
  • But the majority of those killed are ordinary people in smalltown America

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4015536/A-grim-tally-soars-More-50-000-overdose-deaths-US.html#ixzz57lN559Ra
And there is a push to end the epidemic. 

Gun control on the other hand.....
(02-21-2018, 01:45 PM)Jamies_fried_chicken Wrote: [ -> ]And there is a push to end the epidemic. 

Gun control on the other hand.....

[Image: 250wse.jpg]
There shouldn't be public money spent on the Heroin "problem" either. It's a person's right to shoot up whatever he wants, it's a free country after all. At least until all you squishes get Daddy Gubment to take away your rights.
(02-21-2018, 01:59 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]There shouldn't be public money spent on the Heroin "problem" either. It's a person's right to shoot up whatever he wants, it's a free country after all. At least until all you squishes get Daddy Gubment to take away your rights.

The Heroin epidemic is a danger to the public and a health crisis. You have needle sharing which exposes the person to the risk of HIV/AIDS. Children being born to pregnant mothers on the drug. Plus people driving under the influence. 

But let them be ask risk for harming innocent individuals you say.
(02-21-2018, 02:16 PM)Jamies_fried_chicken Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-21-2018, 01:59 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]There shouldn't be public money spent on the Heroin "problem" either. It's a person's right to shoot up whatever he wants, it's a free country after all. At least until all you squishes get Daddy Gubment to take away your rights.

The Heroin epidemic is a danger to the public and a health crisis. You have needle sharing which exposes the person to the risk of HIV/AIDS. Children being born to pregnant mothers on the drug. Plus people driving under the influence. 

D-A-R-W-I-N-I-S-M.
Isn't Heroin self inflicted ?

I agree. If people are stupid enough to put that crap in their veins, let them kill themselves. Don't waste our tax dollars on people who don't want to live. Why anyone would use that stuff, knowing the consequences is beyond me. Everyone knows what heroin does to people, unless you're living under a rock. If they get infected with HIV by sharing needles and spread the disease or give birth to children who are addicted, charge them with attempted murder and throw them in prison.
(02-21-2018, 02:16 PM)Jamies_fried_chicken Wrote: [ -> ]

Needle sharing is not my concern and not a public health concern.

Children born to addicts, though sad, aren't my concern.

Driving under the influence is already a crime.
(02-21-2018, 04:19 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-21-2018, 02:16 PM)Jamies_fried_chicken Wrote: [ -> ]The Heroin epidemic is a danger to the public and a health crisis. You have needle sharing which exposes the person to the risk of HIV/AIDS. Children being born to pregnant mothers on the drug. Plus people driving under the influence. 

Needle sharing is not my concern and not a public health concern.

Wow.

That's cold. I mean, even for a hardcore every-man-for-himself libertarian (who seems less libertarian by the day), that's cold. Go look in a mirror and say that. Look at your wife and/or kids and say it.

Actually, it's not a person's right if it conflicts with the law.
The war on drugs. Could we lose a war any more spectacularly? Maybe the war on poverty? God bless Mama Government.
(02-21-2018, 05:13 PM)TJBender Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-21-2018, 04:19 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]Needle sharing is not my concern and not a public health concern.

Wow.
I look at my wife and kids and take care of them. I provide for them. I keep them out of the condition he describes.
And along the way I help others as I am able, both by my own choice and sometimes by the force of government.
The idea that the government should be putting billions of dollars that American citizens work for into solutions to problems that are self inflicted is absurd.
Cold hard reality, not squishy emotionalism.

(02-21-2018, 05:23 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]

Actually, it's not a person's right if it conflicts with the law.

Horse [BLEEP]. Just because it's a law doesn't mean it's right.
(02-21-2018, 05:13 PM)TJBender Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-21-2018, 04:19 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]Needle sharing is not my concern and not a public health concern.

Wow.

That's cold. I mean, even for a hardcore every-man-for-himself libertarian (who seems less libertarian by the day), that's cold. Go look in a mirror and say that. Look at your wife and/or kids and say it.

I don't think it's that cold.

Since when did emotion trump reason?

It's the reality of the world. No one cares about you. No one cares about me. And the choices I make as an adult are the fault of no one else but myself.
(02-21-2018, 08:39 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-21-2018, 05:13 PM)TJBender Wrote: [ -> ]Wow.

It's the reality of the world. No one cares about you. No one cares about me. And the choices I make as an adult are the fault of no one else but myself.
That’s sad man.

I care about you. I care.
(02-21-2018, 08:39 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-21-2018, 05:13 PM)TJBender Wrote: [ -> ]Wow.

I'm really starting to question the whole "libertarian" part of my political ideology if this is what being a libertarian in 2018 means.
(02-21-2018, 09:02 PM)TJBender Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-21-2018, 08:39 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think it's that cold.

I'm really starting to question the whole "libertarian" part of my political ideology if this is what being a libertarian in 2018 means.

You haven't been Libertarian since at least November of last year. Now...what could've happened...what could it be?
(02-21-2018, 09:16 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-21-2018, 09:02 PM)TJBender Wrote: [ -> ]I'm really starting to question the whole "libertarian" part of my political ideology if this is what being a libertarian in 2018 means.

You haven't been Libertarian since at least November of last year. Now...what could've happened...what could it be?

We elected a man whose only regret is that we're making it really hard for him to be Hitler?
(02-21-2018, 09:46 PM)TJBender Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-21-2018, 09:16 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]You haven't been Libertarian since at least November of last year. Now...what could've happened...what could it be?

We elected a man whose only regret is that we're making it really hard for him to be Hitler?

Riiiight, you lost your mind. That's what happened.
(02-21-2018, 10:17 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-21-2018, 09:46 PM)TJBender Wrote: [ -> ]We elected a man whose only regret is that we're making it really hard for him to be Hitler?

Riiiight, you lost your mind. That's what happened.

Whatever helps you sleep at night. Hope you never have to tell a family member that their addiction is their problem.
Pages: 1 2 3 4