Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: National Media Guys
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Dont you think it’s kinda crazy that there has been zero word out of the National media guys about our franchise tag situation.  I know our front office is extremely hush hush, but I figured we’d have heard a fairly definite decision one way or another by now.  You have with most other franchise tag situations.  Maybe we haven’t figured fully decided yet what we’re doing.
Probably because he is not coming back
It’s probably because we’re not using it. I think ARob might be a goner.
When is the actual deadline tomorrow- 4 PM EST? Midnight?
(03-05-2018, 09:19 PM)PF* Wrote: [ -> ]When is the actual deadline tomorrow- 4 PM EST? Midnight?

Yes, I think tomorrow at 4:00 pm.

And I've seen mention of the situation by some national guys. It seems the consensus is that Robinson won't be tagged.
Good, let him go. He isn't worth that kind of money healthy.

I'd take Crabtree and save 10M.
I get that we’re not hearing about the tag because we’re probably not using it, but I’m surprised that we’ve heard absolutely nothing about whether we’re ecen trying to negotiate a contract extension or not? And if so, if we’re far apart, or if a deal could be within reach? It’s just unusual that we’ve heard absolutely zilch from Rapoprt, Schefter, etc on pretty much the entire situation.
Would it hurt our cap situation that bad by tagging him? I don't really know much about the NFL cap rules. Everyone is saying we probably won't tag him if we haven't done it by now.
No news is speculating on the news, or something,
(03-05-2018, 09:50 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]Good, let him go. He isn't worth that kind of money healthy.

I'd take Crabtree and save 10M.

Nobody really knows. 

If he was in a contract year in 2016, he would have broke the bank.