Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Keelan Cole had more receiving yards than all 2017 first round WRs combined
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
#THEFUTURE 
(03-08-2018, 01:30 AM)haveaseat Wrote: [ -> ]#THEFUTURE 

I know he’s fast and has decent size, but what are his weaknesses that might prevent him from becoming a #1 receiver? I see both him and Westbrook eclipsing Lee next year.
To me, he's just a run of the mill receiver with great down field spees. He's got pretty decent hands.
He ran a 4.59 at his pro day, but he plays faster.
I think you just never know about these guys. You can measure them, time them, watch game tape on them, but you never know until you put them on the field and all of a sudden, hey, this guy can really play.
WRs grow on tress,when's the last time Pittsburgh wasn't 3 deep at WR?
I see him as being in the mold of Antonio Brown. Not that he will produce on the same level as Brown, but that his game is built the same way. Neither has a truly dominant physical trait so they rely on precision and guile to produce. 

Cole is taller than Brown (6' 1" to 5' 10") but both posted 4.5+ times in the 40. The thing that strikes me most about both Cole and Brown is that they have that rather rare ability to make catches without breaking stride. It always seems to me that they understand the goal of football is not to make a spectacular catch, but to move the ball down the field; the catch is just one part of that.

Now, Cole has a lot of growing to do to turn into a Top Shelf WR in the League, but he is off to a really good start.

Also, Rico is stoopid.
With McCardell coaching him up, he'll get his route running improved. That's probably his main deficiency. He seems to have great hands and decent speed. And last year was great experience for all of them. I'm hoping his Sophomore year is much better!

I'm on record right now in saying Keelan Cole will be one of the best receivers in the league for a long time. He's a threat out of the slot and when he's lined up out wide, he shook Stephon Gilmore out of his jockstrap when he was lined up in the slot against the Pats, but Blake didn't see him. Keelan Cole is a special player and im of the opinion he's a big reason why this regime let A-Rob walk.
Check out this gif of Keelan vs Steph Gilmore, Keelan Cole is nasty, especially out of the slot. He reminds me of Victor Cruz

https://twitter.com/JSoJ_/status/956301084267606017

Check out this gif of Keelan vs Steph Gilmore, Keelan Cole is nasty, especially out of the slot. He reminds me of Victor Cruz
(03-08-2018, 12:58 PM)jagforlife85 Wrote: [ -> ]Check out this gif of Keelan vs Steph Gilmore, Keelan Cole is nasty, especially out of the slot. He reminds me of Victor Cruz

Shocker Blake made the wrong read.....
(03-08-2018, 12:53 PM)jagforlife85 Wrote: [ -> ]

I'm on record right now in saying Keelan Cole will be one of the best receivers in the league for a long time. He's a threat out of the slot and when he's lined up out wide, he shook Stephon Gilmore out of his jockstrap when he was lined up in the slot against the Pats, but Blake didn't see him. Keelan Cole is a special player and im of the opinion he's a big reason why this regime let A-Rob walk.

Cole to me is the classic guy who had a hard time attracting attention.  Once given a shot, he's running with it.

I'm very excited to see what's to come from him.
(03-08-2018, 01:06 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-08-2018, 12:58 PM)jagforlife85 Wrote: [ -> ]Check out this gif of Keelan vs Steph Gilmore, Keelan Cole is nasty, especially out of the slot. He reminds me of Victor Cruz

Shocker Blake made the wrong read.....

He needs to be more patient in the pocket, trust his protection, and patiently go through his reads. There's is plenty of room for improvement here, he also needs to do a better job of identifying who has the best matchup pre-snap, I have a feeling that's going to be Keelan Cole alot in 2018, the guy is difficult to cover out of the slot.

(03-08-2018, 08:35 AM)ATLjag Wrote: [ -> ]He ran a 4.59 at his pro day, but he plays faster.

He plays a lot faster than the 4.59 suggest, he was one of the few receivers in football clocked over 20 MPH this season. He plays like a 4.4 guy
(03-08-2018, 01:09 PM)pirkster Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-08-2018, 12:53 PM)jagforlife85 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm on record right now in saying Keelan Cole will be one of the best receivers in the league for a long time. He's a threat out of the slot and when he's lined up out wide, he shook Stephon Gilmore out of his jockstrap when he was lined up in the slot against the Pats, but Blake didn't see him. Keelan Cole is a special player and im of the opinion he's a big reason why this regime let A-Rob walk.

Cole to me is the classic guy who had a hard time attracting attention.  Once given a shot, he's running with it.

I'm very excited to see what's to come from him.

No doubt, he strikes me as a guy that simply out-works everyone else, Jerry Rice-esque work ethic. Cole's work ethic is legendary at Kentucky-Weselyan, there were plenty of stories about it as he made plays throughout the season. I think he takes huge step forward in 2018 as the Jags #1 receiver, he's special.
Checkout this graph on the "play speeds"of the Jaguars receivers

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DW6G8waXkAo-mT9.jpg:large
(03-08-2018, 09:03 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]I think you just never know about these guys.  You can measure them, time them, watch game tape on them, but you never know until you put them on the field and all of a sudden, hey, this guy can really play.

That's pretty much how I feel....put them out there and you learn about their ability, their skill and their heart. 

(03-08-2018, 01:21 PM)jagforlife85 Wrote: [ -> ]Checkout this graph on the "play speeds"of the Jaguars receivers

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DW6G8waXkAo-mT9.jpg:large
 Interesting
My only concern with Cole is his ability to win against press coverage at the line.
If he develops there - the sky's the limit.
I agree with the previous comment about Blake. Hopefully he can figure out the pre-snap reads better and develop some patience. It is hard to get the snot beat out of you and change offensive coordinators and not be forced to work only the basics. Considering we are stuck with a team friendly deal with him, I hope he can advance his skills.
Blake's read to Lee there wasn't a bad one if the throw was able to let Lee keep his stride. He and Cole were both open
(03-08-2018, 04:01 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: [ -> ]Blake's read to Lee there wasn't a bad one if the throw was able to let Lee keep his stride. He and Cole were both open

True.... a better throw would have helped.  I hope the wrist accounts for some of the dart throwing he did where he was aiming the ball.
Pages: 1 2