Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Re-sign Poz & Colvin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
With all this ARob talk, we have 2 valuable other pieces that we need to get signed and brought back.  Colvin is a MUST, after Ramsey & Bouye we have major drop off.  Poz we need to sign to a low end deal, outside of Jack & Smith their is Blair Brown but is he ready for a full 16 week work load? Bringing back Puz even if hes just 1st & 2nd down will be beneficial and can groom a new LB that we draft.  Dont get me wrong I would love ARob back but we dont need to spend the bank on him when we have other pieces we need to account for (i didnt even mention Guard)
Puz?
(03-08-2018, 12:23 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]Puz?

Sounds like an imploded zit.
I thought Puz/[BLEEP] would have been done by now. Maybe there's a bigger market for him than I thought.
Poz!?
He'll play til he dies......and we'll bury him under the SEZ goal posts...
Replace Poslunzny and resign Colvin.
It's Pawz.
(03-08-2018, 05:56 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: [ -> ]It's Pawz.

Its Pause everyone knows that.
Paws pawslusky is the soul of this team
Poz should be back. The market will dictate whether Colvin will be back or not.
I feel like Colvin would be signed already if the team was confident in his ability to play outside CB if one of Ramsey or Bouye have to miss time. He is a great slot, but do we know for sure if he is an outside CB too? If they are confident and they are just waiting for the market to take shape, then absolutely they should sign him.
With Colvin, it's a matter of how much he'll command. I can see him getting $8 to $10 mil from the Jaguars, but if some team is offering him $12 mil per to start outside, I just don't believe we'll go there.

As for Poz, I can see him sticking around for something close to his current $4 mil per year rate, but if he expects much more he'll probably have to get it from another team. I know we have bigger needs like a Courtland Sutton, Hayden Hurst or Isaiah Wynn in the draft, but I keep wondering about MLB Leighton Vander Esch at #29. He'd be an immediate impact MLB replacing Poz and possibly pushing the Jaguars defense over the top.

Then again there are also a few very intriguing fourth round options.

One FA I really feel we should re-sign is Omameh. I can see him signing something like a 3-year, $10 mil contract to start.
Poz and omameh should be back probably grant and Thompson as well
I think the jags have faith in their relationship with both these guys that they want to be here. I think both will hit the open market and that will define their value. They will subsequently sign either a ridiculous deal elsewhere or a team friendly deal in jax
I would be cool with a 1 year POZ deal for 2 million. But that's not happening haha
(03-09-2018, 06:23 AM)Jags02 Wrote: [ -> ]With Colvin, it's a matter of how much he'll command. I can see him getting $8 to $10 mil from the Jaguars, but if some team is offering him $12 mil per to start outside, I just don't believe we'll go there.

As for Poz, I can see him sticking around for something close to his current $4 mil per year rate, but if he expects much more he'll probably have to get it from another team. I know we have bigger needs like a Courtland Sutton, Hayden Hurst or Isaiah Wynn in the draft, but I keep wondering about MLB Leighton Vander Esch at #29. He'd be an immediate impact MLB replacing Poz and possibly pushing the Jaguars defense over the top.

Then again there are also a few very intriguing fourth round options.

One FA I really feel we should re-sign is Omameh. I can see him signing something like a 3-year, $10 mil contract to start.

Agree 100% on Omameh. He was very underrated last year. Cann can be upgraded, but was also coming on last season as well.