Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Gus Bradley Post Game Conference
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

Gus Bradley was asked how Blake Bortles and the team looked in practice and why it didn't translate on the field.

"You know what? I thought this week we had an unbelievable practice. I said that on Saturday. I don't know what that means, I don't know. It was crisp, it was sharp, it was very focused, it was detailed. Not just did I think that, multiple people within our organization saw it."

I had to do a double take when he basically said he doesn't know what a good practice looks like.

He's a good practice coach.

I think he mentioned they lost their poise. Not positive on that though.
He means he doesn't understand how good practices aren't translating to Sundays.
Quote:Gus Bradley was asked how Blake Bortles and the team looked in practice and why it didn't translate on the field.

"You know what? I thought this week we had an unbelievable practice. I said that on Saturday. I don't know what that means, I don't know. It was crisp, it was sharp, it was very focused, it was detailed. Not just did I think that, multiple people within our organization saw it."

I had to do a double take when he basically said he doesn't know what a good practice looks like.

He probably knows what a good one of his practices looks like, but I'm not sure his practices are good to start with. Practice makes permanent and he's shown little to no ability to develop players so the most likely problem is they're doing a great job of practicing everything wrong.
Do you people still listen to this guy and believe what he says. I don't think he knows what he's saying. lol
Quote:Do you people still listen to this guy and believe what he says. I don't think he knows what he's saying. lol

I listen to him the same way I watch terrible movies. You don't watch it because it is good, you watch it because you can't believe how bad it is, which makes them hilarious.
Nice guy, terrible leader and football coach.

He's a D coordinator at best.
Why would anyone expect the worst HC in the past 75 years to know what the hell he is doing? Madden Football's AI would have a more successful record at this point.

Maybe Khan will let the Jags be a social experiment and let them have the first AI head coach? Couldn't be worse.

Quote:Why would anyone expect the worst HC in the past 75 years to know what the hell he is doing? Madden Football's AI would have a more successful record at this point.

Maybe Khan will let the Jags be a social experiment and let them have the first AI head coach? Couldn't be worse.

The first AI head coach? That would require us to pry Belichick away from the Patriots...
Maybe somebody snuck a big screen in front of him and he was watching a recording of another teams practice the whole time.

Quote:The first AI head coach? That would require us to pry Belichick away from the Patriots...

What IBM Watson can do for elite athletes

By Dominic Basulto October 1, 2015

IBM Watson, which has done everything from compete on “Jeopardy!” to create recipes for a new Chef Watson cookbook, has a new career calling: becoming a sports coach for some elite athletes. In a partnership involving the Irish biomarker analysis company ORRECO and the Oregon Track Club, “Coach Watson” will help to optimize the performance of the elite runners in one of America’s top running clubs.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/inno...-athletes/
Quote:Nice guy, terrible leader and football coach.

He's a D coordinator at best.
Based on how the Seahawks defense hasn't missed a beat and has actually gotten better, he's not even good at that.
Quote:He probably knows what a good one of his practices looks like, but I'm not sure his practices are good to start with. Practice makes permanent and he's shown little to no ability to develop players so the most likely problem is they're doing a great job of practicing everything wrong.

Everyone gets sucked in to how good he practices and coaches during practice.  Look at the guys work at the senior bowl.  He gets accolades and praise from his peers for how he runs that event.

Well he can't do it on game day and the team wins despite him.  He has one win that it all came together (Colts last year) and has not been able to recreate it in any way, shape or form.

Quote:Based on how the Seahawks defense hasn't missed a beat and has actually gotten better, he's not even good at that.

That's what I was gonna say. Seattle D looks like the same dominant defense they've had for the last decade.
Quote:Everyone gets sucked in to how good he practices and coaches during practice.  Look at the guys work at the senior bowl.  He gets accolades and praise from his peers for how he runs that event.

Well he can't do it on game day and the team wins despite him.  He has one win that it all came together (Colts last year) and has not been able to recreate it in any way, shape or form.

because his peers want him right there......that way they don't have to do it.
Did he mention anything about Banning sprinkles on ice cream from here on out?
Quote:Everyone gets sucked in to how good he practices and coaches during practice. Look at the guys work at the senior bowl. He gets accolades and praise from his peers for how he runs that event.

Well he can't do it on game day and the team wins despite him. He has one win that it all came together (Colts last year) and has not been able to recreate it in any way, shape or form.

Saying all came together is a bit of an exaggeration. Seemed more like the colts decided to give up halfway through the third quarter more than anything.
Even Oesher is starting to call this clown out on the team's lack of discipline.

The Jags are good against the Jags.

Pages: 1 2