Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Even if A Rob leaves I hope we don't re-sign Lee.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Dude is overrated, he is average at best and probably wants a lot of money.

A Rob acts like a D.Va but he has potential to be a top WR.
I still think Hurns can be a very good #2 
Cole can also be very good

That's it, we need help.

Is there anyone you want on FA or the Draft?
I think most people agree
Agreed.
Also agree
Lee had about 9 bad games in 2017. The drops were really out of control for a while there. He bounced back - but it was likely too little too late.
His drop percentage in previous years has been fine, but this past season was enough to make me doubt his ability to become a complete receiver to some degree.

I think he'll make a good #2 for a team with a better QB, but the only incentive for the Jags to sign him right now is that he can start at the X spot right away (assuming Robinson's gone) while they develop a rookie. Not ideal, but it could work out alright.

I'm sort of indifferent about re-signing Lee. He'll probably get better money elsewhere and Westbrook is probably going to play the Z position for the Jags in 2018 - and that's really Lee's best position. They need to draft a guy with something akin to Robinson's skill set in April and just move on with the new pick, Cole, Westbrook and whoever shakes out as depth in July/August.

Hurns, BTW, is due 4 million this Friday if he's not released or re-structured. Something to keep an eye on.
(03-12-2018, 02:03 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: [ -> ]Dude is overrated, he is average at best and probably wants a lot of money.

I think most of the country rate him as pretty average at best so I wouldn't say he's overrated.

I'd like to see him back since there is some chemistry on O, but not for any more $$ than an average WR would command.
Yea our weakness ia our offense, so lets not sign Arob or Lee.
(03-12-2018, 03:29 PM)BklynJag Wrote: [ -> ]Yea our weakness ia our offense, so lets not sign Arob or Lee.

Stick to riding TMD's coattails on Twitter
(03-12-2018, 03:29 PM)BklynJag Wrote: [ -> ]Yea our weakness ia our offense, so lets not sign Arob or Lee.

Where have you been?  I've really missed your whining.
I think we can do better than Lee in the draft. I'm hoping that somehow we can hit on two receivers in the draft.
All of this wide receiver talk should be tempered with the reality that our qb is not consistent.
So no matter who plays wide receiver they're not likely to get accurate throws their way very often.
And wants the league figured out AR-15 he was not productive at all.
No I think we'll be fine with Westbrook and Cole and whomever else we have.
I actually think that those two guys are going to be good this year

exactly, we need to bring in 2 guys that produce
(03-12-2018, 03:47 PM)Rico Wrote: [ -> ]

Where have you been?  I've really missed your whining.

Lol its the dead season. I have been roaming the board. All seriousness, am i wrong?
(03-12-2018, 05:19 PM)BklynJag Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-12-2018, 03:47 PM)Rico Wrote: [ -> ]Where have you been?  I've really missed your whining.

Lol its the dead season. I have been roaming the board. All seriousness, am i wrong?
Yea, Lee is just a guy. Easily replaceable. Name value and draft pedigree will raise his cost above appropriate value
(03-12-2018, 02:47 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]I think he'll make a good #2 for a team with a better QB, but the only incentive for the Jags to sign him right now is that he can start at the X spot right away (assuming Robinson's gone) while they develop a rookie. Not ideal, but it could work out alright.

If we do keep him I want him in the slot full time. I said before he was drafted I liked him best as a slot guy in the Victor Cruz mold and I think that his best stretch being the same stretch where we ran drag after drag after drag and he ran free in the middle of the field against LB/S confirmed that to me. I know he was doing that while lined up outside but as quickly as we exploited it it was taken away once defenses realized the philosophical switch. We should just go ahead and feature him in the middle of the field full time. He doesn't have the size or speed to beat good corners on the boundary IMO.
Finally! We all agree Lee is average. 800 yards and Mr 3
(03-12-2018, 05:28 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]Finally! We all agree Lee is average. 800 yards and Mr 3
Nah. I don't agree. 
I think he's better than that if he lands with a quality QB.  He's a solid #2 receiver that had a bad stretch with his hands for 9 games or so. 

I wouldn't pay him big to stay though, as I think Westbrook will replace him effectively.
I know Cole and Westbrook have a lot of potential, but I feel like we need some sort of veteran presence in the WR room whether it ends up being Lee or someone else. I don't know how I'd feel about rolling into the season with Cole, Westbrook and a rookie as our top 3 receivers next year.

EDIT: Forgot about Hurns, but I expect something to be done with his contract this week which might mean he's let loose as well.

Lee was one of the problems with the offense last year dude cant catch cold in an ER.
I agree. But the [BLEEP] up part is that he could end up signing with a team like New Orleans or Green Bay and he'll look like a damn all star because of who he'll have around him. Lee's not a viable number one receiver in the NFL. He's a serviceable two though and that's why he struggled in 2017. He couldn't fill the void Robinson ultimately left the team with.

And when you have Cole and Westbrook essentially making the same kind of plays with the same mold at a far cheaper price. He becomes expendable. Especially if Hurns can stay healthy. But I think he'll end up going somewhere and finding his role just fine. Robinson may get a nice offer from Chicago. But if Green Bay offers him the chance to play with Nelson and Rodgers. He should take it. Or Detroit if they can afford him. Stafford wouldn't have a hard time finding him.
Pages: 1 2