Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Tampering Period Gossip
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
It appears the jags as interested in Austin Seferian-Jenkins 

http://www.thenewstribune.com/sports/nfl...96829.html

This name had been tossed around the board over the past few days. What are you guys thoughts. If anyone sees anything else please keep us informed

Let the games begin
Period gossip?

[Image: 200.gif]
Mods please change the name to something more child friendly lol
Do not want him hes meh.
I'm all for ASJ if the FO fully does their homework and is 100% confident he is over his off the field issues. If there is any doubt then no, because all it takes is one bad apple to ruin a locker room. This locker room is full a young players, and doesn't need a bad influence. If he is past it and the FO is confident he is, then absolutely I want him on the team because he has a whole lot of untapped potential as a TE.

He is also the same age as Hurst.
Jags are interested in Sammy Watkins, per a league source.

https://www.firstcoastnews.com/article/s...-527787016
(03-12-2018, 04:26 PM)BigJohn98 Wrote: [ -> ]Jags are interested in Sammy Watkins, per a league source.

https://www.firstcoastnews.com/article/s...-527787016

IMO Watkins would be an upgrade over Robinson talent wise
If we can bring in a Watkins type at a more reasonable deal than Robinson, and still swing a Pugh/Norwell/Burton combo of the 2, i'd be content to ride the rest of FA out.
If Watkins can stay healthy i am all for it.
Watkins is a very solid contingency plan if ARob leaves, and of similar caliber when healthy.

I'd feel much better about our WRs if we can get him
It's gonna be Watkins and Pugh. Makes too much sense not to happen. Both 1st round picks of Marrone and Coughlin who played well for them and are at a position of current need.
THIS THREAD IS GIVING ME MESTRUAL CRAMPS !!!
This theory just came to me.

What if the plan is to go after Watkins, ASJ and Pugh in FA? That fills your needs. It then allows you to go straight BAP in the draft either going QB at in the first and CB in the second or CB in the first and QB in the second?

Early in the process, it’s starting to look like that may be the plan
(03-12-2018, 03:58 PM)Brett Wrote: [ -> ]Period gossip?

[Image: 200.gif]

[Image: giphy.gif]
(03-12-2018, 04:47 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]THIS THREAD IS GIVING ME MESTRUAL CRAMPS !!!

You need a tamper.
(03-12-2018, 04:46 PM)FreeAgent01 Wrote: [ -> ]It's gonna be Watkins and Pugh.  Makes too much sense not to happen.  Both 1st round picks of Marrone and Coughlin who played well for them and are at a position of current need.

I'd be perfectly happy with this. I'd prefer ARob to Sammy, but this would be an awesome plan B
(03-12-2018, 05:14 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-12-2018, 04:46 PM)FreeAgent01 Wrote: [ -> ]It's gonna be Watkins and Pugh.  Makes too much sense not to happen.  Both 1st round picks of Marrone and Coughlin who played well for them and are at a position of current need.

I'd be perfectly happy with this. I'd prefer ARob to Sammy, but this would be an awesome plan B

The Jags need to save cap space for the next two years. We shouldn't be looking to sign expensive free agents.

That said, if we could get Sammy Watkins for slightly more than the price of Hurns' contract, we could cut Hurns and still keep cap space. I like Hurns, but his contract is too expensive compared to his production.
(03-12-2018, 07:22 PM)MalabarJag Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-12-2018, 05:14 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: [ -> ]I'd be perfectly happy with this. I'd prefer ARob to Sammy, but this would be an awesome plan B

The Jags need to save cap space for the next two years. We shouldn't be looking to sign expensive free agents.

That said, if we could get Sammy Watkins for slightly more than the price of Hurns' contract, we could cut Hurns and still keep cap space. I like Hurns, but his contract is too expensive compared to his production.

I've forgotten, when do we need to make the decision on Hurns?
No, to Sammy Watkins. He's been a disappointment for years. He's way overrated. Better, cheaper options can be had in the draft.
(03-12-2018, 07:34 PM)JagJohn Wrote: [ -> ]I've forgotten, when do we need to make the decision on Hurns?

By Friday, he is due a $4 million bonus then.
Pages: 1 2