Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Swamp Draining
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Looks like the Dems found something else to complain about. Career civil survants are on the way out and Reps. Elijah Cummings & Eliot Engel don't like it. Of course, ol' Elijah is the master of deflection. I wonder if he'll eventually go to prison for assiting in the targeting of conservative groups by utilizing the FBI, IRS, ATF, and OSHA? Story for another time...

Drain The Swamp
(03-15-2018, 05:03 PM)B2hibry Wrote: [ -> ]Looks like the Dems found something else to complain about. Career civil survants are on the way out and Reps. Elijah Cummings & Eliot Engel don't like it. Of course, ol' Elijah is the master of deflection. I wonder if he'll eventually go to prison for assiting in the targeting of conservative groups by utilizing the FBI, IRS, ATF, and OSHA? Story for another time...

Drain The Swamp

How they work on purging the State Department when they are too busy ordering $31,000 dining room furniture (and Ben Carson lying about it) and $12,000 doors and $1 million dollar taxpayer funded travel, etc., etc.

Drain the swamp, my behind. You got suckered.
(03-16-2018, 01:14 PM)Adam2012 Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-15-2018, 05:03 PM)B2hibry Wrote: [ -> ]Looks like the Dems found something else to complain about. Career civil survants are on the way out and Reps. Elijah Cummings & Eliot Engel don't like it. Of course, ol' Elijah is the master of deflection. I wonder if he'll eventually go to prison for assiting in the targeting of conservative groups by utilizing the FBI, IRS, ATF, and OSHA? Story for another time...

Drain The Swamp

How they work on purging the State Department when they are too busy ordering $31,000 dining room furniture (and Ben Carson lying about it) and $12,000 doors and $1 million dollar taxpayer funded travel, etc., etc.

And you think any other administration is different?

You're sad, man.

Drain The Swamp

Are you worried about those drop in the bucket expenditures? You understand that all administrations have such reportable perks. It looks like the current folks have some catching up to do with the previous administration if I'm being honest. But to get back to the point of thinning the lifers...You know, the previous administration employed the largest staff in history... 469, plus the ridiculous 43 czars. I'll let you look up their salaries and perks since you are the government penny pincher.

Contrarian sucker!
(03-16-2018, 01:47 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-16-2018, 01:14 PM)Adam2012 Wrote: [ -> ]How they work on purging the State Department when they are too busy ordering $31,000 dining room furniture (and Ben Carson lying about it) and $12,000 doors and $1 million dollar taxpayer funded travel, etc., etc.

You're sad, man.

Do you understand what "draining the swamp" means?

Drain The Swamp

A disgrace but were you equally offended when the Obama's and Clinton's were doing it?
(03-17-2018, 10:25 PM)copycat Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-16-2018, 01:14 PM)Adam2012 Wrote: [ -> ]How they work on purging the State Department when they are too busy ordering $31,000 dining room furniture (and Ben Carson lying about it) and $12,000 doors and $1 million dollar taxpayer funded travel, etc., etc.

A disgrace but were you equally offended when the Obama's and Clinton's were doing it?

Examples? And did either of them promise to drain the swamp?

You're sad, man.

I feel your pain of embarrassment of falling for such silliness. But they do it to! Is that what you said about Obama's failings?

Didn't think so. But keep backtracking.

(03-16-2018, 01:49 PM)B2hibry Wrote: [ -> ]

Are you worried about those drop in the bucket expenditures? You understand that all administrations have such reportable perks. It looks like the current folks have some catching up to do with the previous administration if I'm being honest. But to get back to the point of thinning the lifers...You know, the previous administration employed the largest staff in history... 469, plus the ridiculous 43 czars. I'll let you look up their salaries and perks since you are the government penny pincher.

Contrarian sucker!

Keep making those excuses! I guess being crooks and liars are what you voted for. Oh, you'll accept a certain level of corruption but get all self-righteous about, what, anything Obama did?

Hey, you got taken. Happens to the best of us.
(03-17-2018, 10:25 PM)copycat Wrote: [ -> ]

I don't like when anyone steals my money. I just don't fall for a con man who says stupid things like drain the swamp when he's never shown the first concern about taxpayer's money. Whoa - there he goes again, flying off to Florida to play golf.

And can't you come up with a better response than "They did it to." That seems to be the only come back Trumpers have.
(03-18-2018, 11:04 AM)Adam2012 Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-16-2018, 01:47 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: [ -> ]And you think any other administration is different?

You're sad, man.

I feel your pain of embarrassment of falling for such silliness. But they do it to! Is that what you said about Obama's failings?

Didn't think so. But keep backtracking.

(03-16-2018, 01:49 PM)B2hibry Wrote: [ -> ]Are you worried about those drop in the bucket expenditures? You understand that all administrations have such reportable perks. It looks like the current folks have some catching up to do with the previous administration if I'm being honest. But to get back to the point of thinning the lifers...You know, the previous administration employed the largest staff in history... 469, plus the ridiculous 43 czars. I'll let you look up their salaries and perks since you are the government penny pincher.

Contrarian sucker!

Keep making those excuses! I guess being crooks and liars are what you voted for. Oh, you'll accept a certain level of corruption but get all self-righteous about, what, anything Obama did?

Hey, you got taken. Happens to the best of us.
They are all crooks, however, I’ve lost nothing under this administration. 

Sorry you just willingly lapped it up from your adorned one because of the reach around and sweet talk. Sounds like you are still scorned at your love loss. It’ll be okay. Continue to bury your head for the next 7 years and it’ll be over before you know it.

You're sad, man.

So, you are essentially stating that this Administration is no different from others.  I thought Drain the Swamp meant this Administration would be different.

You're sad (and/or just not very bright), man.

I'm saying Government spending has always been ridiculous. It's always been a joke.

The longest running joke was a toilet seat costing $10,000....

So to think that one guy with bad hair can fix everything in one year is ludicrous. Your messiah didn't do a thing about it in EIGHT years.... i'm willing to give him another couple of years... just like I did Obama the first time.

(03-18-2018, 08:56 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-16-2018, 01:47 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: [ -> ]And you think any other administration is different?

You're sad, man.

So, you are essentially stating that this Administration is no different from others.  I thought Drain the Swamp meant this Administration would be different.

You're just an idiot.
(03-18-2018, 08:56 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]

You're sad, man.

Your expectations are unreasonable. The swamp is currently being drained. Swamp rats Comey & McCabe are good examples.

Just wait until Trump appoints Christie to a position. All hell is going to break loose!!!
(03-18-2018, 10:55 AM)rollerjag Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-17-2018, 10:25 PM)copycat Wrote: [ -> ]A disgrace but were you equally offended when the Obama's and Clinton's were doing it?

The Obama's replaced the china pattern and modernized furniture.  The Clinton's tried to take everything that wasn't nailed down as they were leaving just off the top of my head.  Fraud, waste and abuse is still fraud, waste and abuse regardless of which party is in office which is my point.
(03-18-2018, 11:13 AM)Adam2012 Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-17-2018, 10:25 PM)copycat Wrote: [ -> ]A disgrace but were you equally offended when the Obama's and Clinton's were doing it?

I don't like when anyone steals my money. I just don't fall for a con man who says stupid things like drain the swamp when he's never shown the first concern about taxpayer's money. Whoa - there he goes again, flying off to Florida to play golf.

And can't you come up with a better response than "They did it to." That seems to be the only come back Trumpers have.

Reading comprehension is not your strong suit of late.  Let's recap, first I agreed with you.  The fraud, waste and abuse of our tax dollars is reprehensible.  Second I did not deflect your post with "But they did it too" but rather asked you if you were equally outraged when the other party did the same thing when they were in office.  Thirdly, didn't vote for Trump but keep swinging.
(03-18-2018, 10:55 AM)rollerjag Wrote: [ -> ]

No, but that only serves to illustrate the true problem with their administrations.  Neither could understand, much less admit, there even was a swamp!
(03-19-2018, 08:07 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-18-2018, 08:56 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]So, you are essentially stating that this Administration is no different from others.  I thought Drain the Swamp meant this Administration would be different.

Your expectations are unreasonable. The swamp is currently being drained. Swamp rats Comey & McCabe are good examples.

Just wait until Trump appoints Christie to a position. All hell is going to break loose!!!

Speaking of Swamp -- You forgot Steve Bannon and all of the other Trump Appointees.

lol, regarding Christie but I actually thought he was one of the more knowledgeable candidates during the debates.  Shutting down the toll booths .... not so smart.  Funny, but not smart.
(03-19-2018, 11:19 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-19-2018, 08:07 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]Your expectations are unreasonable. The swamp is currently being drained. Swamp rats Comey & McCabe are good examples.

Speaking of Swamp -- You forgot Steve Bannon and all of the other Trump Appointees.

lol, regarding Christie but I actually thought he was one of the more knowledgeable candidates during the debates.  Shutting down the toll booths .... not so smart.  Funny, but not smart.

Christie going after Rubio in the debate was the greatest. I was actually shocked Christie didn't get an initial cabinet position.

You're sad, man.

This administration promised us it would be different.

(03-19-2018, 12:53 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-19-2018, 11:19 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]Speaking of Swamp -- You forgot Steve Bannon and all of the other Trump Appointees.

Christie going after Rubio in the debate was the greatest. I was actually shocked Christie didn't get an initial cabinet position.

They tried, but he didn't fit.