Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: anybody excited to see Greene back
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
At one point, he was getting a lot of playing time. Then he got hurt. Then he came back in a big way with some Punt Returns.
Not really and those stats were 2015 where he had some drops in the passing game but had a few very good punt return.

In 2016 he had a horrible season, regressed (together with the offense), was invisible in the passing game and played terrible on punt return, poor choices(fielding even one who was going in the end zone and getting tackled like at at the 2) and I think 4 fumbles on his returns.

Without a huge improvement and/or other players injured in camp he's gone. Would be happy for him if he comes back healthy and shows improvement and competes though.
I think he can turn into a solid underneath receiver. He's a homerun hitter in the return game. If he's our 5th or 6th then we're in good shape.
No
If he's on the roster in September I'll be shocked.
Yes, I'm happy to see him come back as he has some skills. However, he has some issues as pointed out above which will likely finish him off- one training camp fumble and TC will write his obituary on the spot. Let him compete but he's got a hill to climb.
I heard Frangie on the radio one time say that someone in the building told him Greene was the best receiver on the team.

Of course that was in between the time that he sounded like he was gargling with ten [BLEEP] in his mouth.
I get a little excited when I see greenbacks. But Greene back....meh
There will be a lot of competition for the last receiving spot. Greene, Wynn and Mickens all had their moments and can be valuable as return men and slot receivers. Next year's receiving corp will be much improved with the added experience of Westbrook and Cole and the acquisition of Moncrief. AROB had 1 great year, but I believe Moncrief will fill that void.
(03-16-2018, 09:58 AM)Jagwired Wrote: [ -> ]I heard Frangie on the radio one time say that someone in the building told him Greene was the best receiver on the team.

Of course that was in between the time that he sounded like he was gargling with ten [BLEEP] in his mouth.

LOOOL
(03-16-2018, 04:38 AM)irontrooper83 Wrote: [ -> ]Not really and those stats were 2015 where he had some drops in the passing game but had a few very good punt return.

In 2016 he had a horrible season, regressed (together with the offense), was invisible in the passing game and played terrible on punt return, poor choices(fielding even one who was going in the end zone and getting tackled like at at the 2) and I think 4 fumbles on his returns.

Without a huge improvement and/or other players injured in camp he's gone. Would be happy for him if he comes back healthy and shows improvement and competes though.

That's the well-traveled route of the Gus Bus.
(03-16-2018, 08:31 AM)Rico Wrote: [ -> ]If he's on the roster in September I'll be shocked.

Agreed. He won’t make the roster. Mickens has done everything hes done but at a higher level.
Nah
Greene has a tough row to hoe if he's going to make the roster. Mickens and Westbrook will be in his way in the return game. He'll need to look good there and also really shine in his slot receiver opportunities.

Until we know if Hurns is staying, the slot position is a bit undecided. I think they'd like Westbrook to own it, but he didn't see much time there last season.

Greene should be fun to watch in the preseason as he'll be fighting for a spot here or elsewhere.
Still think he can be a Bryan Walters type down the line but I'd say he's gone from here.
(03-16-2018, 12:23 PM)JackCity Wrote: [ -> ]Still think he can be a Bryan Walters type down the line but I'd say he's gone from here.

Yeah - he'd be great depth, but if they keep Hurns Greene is probably a loss in the numbers game. 
We'll find out today at 4pm on that. 

If Hurns is out, then 

Lee
Moncreif
Cole
Westbrook
Mickens 
Greene 

Looks pretty good.  Of course - there's still Jaelen Strong, Shane Wynn and a possible draft pick to consider.
(03-16-2018, 12:29 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-16-2018, 12:23 PM)JackCity Wrote: [ -> ]Still think he can be a Bryan Walters type down the line but I'd say he's gone from here.

Yeah - he'd be great depth, but if they keep Hurns Greene is probably a loss in the numbers game. 

If Hurns is out, then 

Lee
Moncreif
Cole
Westbrook
Mickens 
Greene 

Looks pretty good.  Of course - there's still Jaelen Strong, Shane Wynn and a possible draft pick to consider.

Hmm, I think if Hurns is out I'd like to try get a big body type in via draft or UDFA. Even if he's a WR#5/#6 I'd like to have that skillset available. 

Strong probably offers the closest to *that*.
Why be excited? He sucks and he fumbles to much

I dont see Greene even beating out Wynn
(03-16-2018, 12:35 PM)JackCity Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-16-2018, 12:29 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah - he'd be great depth, but if they keep Hurns Greene is probably a loss in the numbers game. 

If Hurns is out, then 

Lee
Moncreif
Cole
Westbrook
Mickens 
Greene 

Hmm, I think if Hurns is out I'd like to try get a big body type in via draft or UDFA. Even if he's a WR#5/#6 I'd like to have that skillset available. 

Strong tore his ACL in December... I have a hard time seeing him making the roster.
(03-16-2018, 01:04 PM)Kane Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-16-2018, 12:35 PM)JackCity Wrote: [ -> ]Hmm, I think if Hurns is out I'd like to try get a big body type in via draft or UDFA. Even if he's a WR#5/#6 I'd like to have that skillset available. 

Strong tore his ACL in December... I have a hard time seeing him making the roster.

Forgot about that.  I wonder if they stash him as an IR to return in case they have injuries at WR mid-season. 

Guess it depends on the draft and development of these second year guys.
Pages: 1 2