Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Today's budget signing in a single picture
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: Lzc3LUk.jpg?fb]
He just signed a guarantee of at best one term.
While I gave the guy a shot, the past month of irrational decisions and now signing this atrocious Omnibus bill have all but guaranteed I will not be voting for him after this term. Initially, it looked very promising as he was going through the list of campaign promises, but now he has become a "Swamp Thing" like the rest of them. Not a good day to be an American no matter what side of the aisle you identify with.
Yeah, but most people love being coddled by Mama Government. Try suggesting we significantly reduce the role of the federal government and you'll be viewed as a heretic. So when we have a majority of people succumbing to the pandering of these gutless politicians, we end up with inevitable fiscal irresponsibility. It's how we end with the federal government funding foot bridges at universities, and when disaster strikes, we have no less than three federal departments investigating. It would be comical if it wasn't so sad. Tyler said it best when he said this...

A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the people discover they can vote themselves largess out of the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the canidate promising the most benefits from the public treasury, with the result that democracy always collapses over a loose fiscal policy--to be followed by a dictatorship.
I think this will help Democrats with the upcoming elections. I can’t bring myself to vote for any Republican that voted to pass this bill. Conservatives will split their votes and hurt their candidates.
Looks like you guys have finally caught on to what lots of people saw from the beginning.

My stance is, and has always been, that every President has their warts. None of them are the savior, and none of them are America's doom. But Donald from the beginning has been a running joke. I don't even disagree with some of the things he's done. Getting us out of the TPP, his stance on ISIS, both of those were absolutely solid.

But the man is in over his head. He always has been.
This budget was written by Congress. That's the takeaway here. People easily forget is that's their power - the power of the purse.

If you're celebrating this as something to bash the President with, you're part of the problem. He accepted what Congress gave him and has forced them to own it.

The budget process is broken. We haven't had a real budget, by the rules, since 1996. TWENTY-TWO YEARS. Nearly as long as some of fellow board members have been alive. Certainly since they were too young to even know about it.

Hopefully this shines the light on our broken budget and process. The current Congressional establishment has zero concern about the deficit or spending. They'll spend whatever it takes to get votes. They even gave themselves a raise as well as part of this.

Vote them all out. All of them. Keep only those willing to form a responsible budget.

What's good is perhaps now this becomes a wakeup call to every single American and shines the light on spending and irresponsible budgets. Trump says this is the last one he'll sign. We all can only hope he keeps his word.
(03-23-2018, 04:29 PM)pirkster Wrote: [ -> ]This budget was written by Congress.  That's the takeaway here.  People easily forget is that's their power - the power of the purse.

If you're celebrating this as something to bash the President with, you're part of the problem.  He accepted what Congress gave him and has forced them to own it.

The budget process is broken.  We haven't had a real budget, by the rules, since 1996.  TWENTY-TWO YEARS.  Nearly as long as some of fellow board members have been alive.  Certainly since they were too young to even know about it.

Hopefully this shines the light on our broken budget and process.  The current Congressional establishment has zero concern about the deficit or spending.  They'll spend whatever it takes to get votes.  They even gave themselves a raise as well as part of this.

Vote them all out.  All of them.  Keep only those willing to form a responsible budget.

What's good is perhaps now this becomes a wakeup call to every single American and shines the light on spending and irresponsible budgets.  Trump says this is the last one he'll sign.  We all can only hope he keeps his word.
You’re relying on Trump to keep his word?

I hope you’re not holding your breath.
At some point, the GOP will tire of him and start buying what Mueller's selling.

Or force Trump to go on record about his affairs with Playmates, then remind everyone that Clinton was impeached for lying about that sort of thing.

Trump is moving farther away from his base and towards the long since deposed neocon warhawks. He will lose in 2020, if the GOP doesn't find a way to get Pence in there first, but it won't be to a Democrat. He'll be challenged in the primaries by a mainstream GOP candidate, because "we tried it your way and it didn't work", and he'll lose.
Prime example why I left the GOP and confirms all my suspisions I had about Trump. There's no coming back from this.
(03-23-2018, 05:58 PM)EricC85 Wrote: [ -> ]Prime example why I left the GOP and confirms all my suspisions I had about Trump. There's no coming back from this.

Trump is what he is, and always has been, not what so many hoped he'd be. He's in over his head and has no moral compass to guide him through the many things about which he is misguided or ignorant.

If those who voted for Trump are disappointed and feel duped, it's on them for not believing what they have seen before their very eyes for decades.
(03-23-2018, 06:40 PM)rollerjag Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-23-2018, 05:58 PM)EricC85 Wrote: [ -> ]Prime example why I left the GOP and confirms all my suspisions I had about Trump. There's no coming back from this.

Trump is what he is, and always has been, not what so many hoped he'd be. He's in over his head and has no moral compass to guide him through the many things about which he is misguided or ignorant.

If those who voted for Trump are disappointed and feel duped, it's on them for not believing what they have seen before their very eyes for decades.

Fair enougn I reluctantly voted for him more like against Hillary but at this point come midterms and his reelction my absence will be my vote.
(03-23-2018, 04:29 PM)pirkster Wrote: [ -> ]This budget was written by Congress.  That's the takeaway here.  People easily forget is that's their power - the power of the purse.

If you're celebrating this as something to bash the President with, you're part of the problem.  He accepted what Congress gave him and has forced them to own it.

So you think all that deficit spending under Obama was all the fault of the Congress?   No fault to Obama?   Come on.   Whatever happened to the idea of Presidential leadership?  Or is Trump just supposed to do whatever Congress says?  And what about Trump's campaign promise to balance the budget?   Are you saying he didn't understand how the government works, so we need to give him a pass?  

(03-23-2018, 07:21 PM)EricC85 Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-23-2018, 06:40 PM)rollerjag Wrote: [ -> ]Trump is what he is, and always has been, not what so many hoped he'd be. He's in over his head and has no moral compass to guide him through the many things about which he is misguided or ignorant.

Fair enougn I reluctantly voted for him more like against Hillary but at this point come midterms and his reelction my absence will be my vote.

Register yourself as a Republican and hope the primary is still being contested when it gets to Florida.
(03-24-2018, 06:23 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]

So you think all that deficit spending under Obama was all the fault of the Congress?   No fault to Obama?   Come on.   Whatever happened to the idea of Presidential leadership?  Or is Trump just supposed to do whatever Congress says?  And what about Trump's campaign promise to balance the budget?   Are you saying he didn't understand how the government works, so we need to give him a pass?  

In both cases it was a team effort. Neither Obama nor Trump complained that the spending was too high, and neither vetoed the spending bill, so they both are part of the problem. T
he bills originated in Congress, not the White House. Congress is the other part of the problem.

In the case of Federal spending, there are no fiscal conservatives in sight. Rand Paul was the only presidential candidate who leaned that way, and I'd guess even Rand Paul has been corrupted by the swamp to the extent that he'd only complain but not veto a spending bill.

I'm not happy with Trump in this case, but this is a non-issue because there is no opposition in sight.
(03-23-2018, 06:40 PM)rollerjag Wrote: [ -> ]

He was a democrat for most of his life.  He suddenly "saw" the light and switched sides?  I would laugh it if weren't so sad.
In the words of Mick Jagger ... you can't always get what you want.

[Image: 200w.webp]

The budget process is broken.  We haven't had a real budget, by the rules, since 1996.  TWENTY-TWO YEARS.  Nearly as long as some of fellow board members have been alive.  Certainly since they were too young to even know about it.

Hopefully this shines the light on our broken budget and process.  The current Congressional establishment has zero concern about the deficit or spending.  They'll spend whatever it takes to get votes.  They even gave themselves a raise as well as part of this.

Vote them all out.  All of them.  Keep only those willing to form a responsible budget.

What's good is perhaps now this becomes a wakeup call to every single American and shines the light on spending and irresponsible budgets.  Trump says this is the last one he'll sign.  We all can only hope he keeps his word.
He should have used the  Veto power and sent those lobbyists inspired Congress members (drain the swamp) explaining themselves to the American people.