Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Jaguars.com - Zone reaction: Marrone speaks
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Zone reaction: Marrone speaks

http://www.jaguars.com/news/article-Jagu...cbae5aab4e

Senior writer John Oehser’s four quick thoughts from Jaguars Head Coach Doug Marrone’s first media availability Monday at the 2018 NFL Annual Meeting
Big takeaway here is the confirmation that they intend to make Jack the full time MLB.

Quote:Marrone said the team’s first option is to have Jack start at middle in base situations, but said that could change. “We’re going to play the best three,” Marrone said. “I thought Myles took a really good step in the right direction and stepped up last year. I thought he played really well for us. If we left Myles at Sam [strong side] in regular personnel and moved him to Mike [middle] in nickel [as was the case last season], that’s fine. If we moved him in [middle] there for all three downs now, we have the ability to do that.” Marrone on Monday mentioned starting second-year veteran Blair Brown at strong-side backer in base with Jack in the middle. “I think we have some versatility in there, but if we were to start today? Yeah, we’d have Myles there,’’ Marrone said.