Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: So...Do We Beat the Eagles?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
My coworker asked me this today and it actually made me think. He wanted to know if we beat the Pats, do we win against Philly?

My heart would say yes, but seeing what Foles and Co did on offense makes me wonder if coulda done it. Our defense was light years ahead of the Pats, but the Steelers put up 42 on us. So I’m torn
I think we beat them without a doubt.
(03-30-2018, 08:01 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: [ -> ]My coworker asked me this today and it actually made me think. He wanted to know if we beat the Pats, do we win against Philly?

My heart would say yes, but seeing what Foles and Co did on offense makes me wonder if coulda done it. Our defense was light years ahead of the Pats, but the Steelers put up 42 on us. So I’m torn
Pats defense was extremely weak and got no pressure.

You can believe that with 2 weeks off, our D would have been ready to fly.
Eagles were a better overall team than the Jags last season and Peterson proved to be a big time HC. He called a masterful gameplan. I dont see how the Jags would score either so I'd go eagles. Eagles had a really good defense, I really don't think that our offense would of been up for the task.
Guess we’ll “find out” in a sense this year.

Personally I just hope Linder makes it outta that game with his legs intact.

Since ya know, the Eagles picked up a WP Man of the Year nomineee and all...
(03-30-2018, 08:01 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: [ -> ]My coworker asked me this today and it actually made me think. He wanted to know if we beat the Pats, do we win against Philly?

When I read the Steelers put up 42 on us, I cringe a bit.

Not only because technically they did put up 42 on us, but that does not tell the whole story.

Seven (7) of those points were in the very last seconds of the game.

Fourteen (14) of those points were 4th and long desperation heaves.

As to the main question, defensively we match up better against the Eagles than the Patriots did, but I don't think we match up as well offensively with the Eagles as New England.  We'd have to avoid turnovers and force a couple to do it, but we could have beaten Philly.
We would have smoked em
My power rankings have the Jaguars a bit behind the Eagles despite being #1 in the AFC. This is my top 10...

1. Eagles
  2. Vikings
  3. Saints
  4. Rams
  5. Jaguars
  6. Steelers
  7. Falcons
  8. Patriots
  9. Cowboys
  10. Packers
Yes
I thought about this question after the super bowl. After seeing how well the eagles played against the patriots and seemed ready for everything against that Belichick team with Brady, I feel the Jags may not have won that one. There were times through out the year were the Jags had a hiccup or two and I think on that stage with all those youngsters I’m not sure they get it done.
Can we draft a couple guys first?
Although the England factor is important I would say no.

Another important factor is I will be there and have never seen the Jags lose in person soo
I think it was a could of, would’ve, should’ve thing. Or at least that’s how I took it. Maybe I was mistaken. If we’re talking about next year, I’m with NYC on this.
Like red headed step children.
Watching the Super Bowl eased my frustrations with the NE game. I don't think the Jags would have won that game. Philly was better than us offensively, and their defense was really good all year. It still would have been nice to see the Jags play in the Super Bowl. Then again, teams that lost the SB typically haven't fared well the following season.

The Eagles are in a good spot moving forward w/ Wentz.
When I think about it, the Jaguars have been to the AFCC three times, but I don't believe they were prepared to win the big game in any of these instances.

I'm sure they weren't ready for the Rams because I recall breaking that potential game down wherein Marshall Faulk would have exposed their defense. They consistently struggled with the RBs who could catch, and that Greatest Show on Turf was just too much for a team that routinely beat up the league's worst teams all season.
(03-31-2018, 09:50 AM)Jags02 Wrote: [ -> ]When I think about it, the Jaguars have been to the AFCC three times, but I don't believe they were prepared to win the big game in any of these instances.

I'm sure they weren't ready for the Rams because I recall breaking that potential game down wherein Marshall Faulk would have exposed their defense. They consistently struggled with the RBs who could catch, and that Greatest Show on Turf was just too much for a team that routinely beat up the league's worst teams all season.

Interesting...but here’s another crazy stat. Every time the Pats have beat us in the playoffs, they’ve failed to make or win the super bowl each time. Maybe we put a curse with our last dying breath haha
(03-31-2018, 09:23 AM)Jags Wrote: [ -> ]I think it was a could of, would’ve, should’ve thing.  Or at least that’s how I took it.   Maybe I was mistaken.  If we’re talking about next year, I’m with NYC on this.

He's talking about in the Super Bowl, not this coming year's game in England.
(03-31-2018, 06:36 PM)Eric1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-31-2018, 09:23 AM)Jags Wrote: [ -> ]I think it was a could of, would’ve, should’ve thing.  Or at least that’s how I took it.   Maybe I was mistaken.  If we’re talking about next year, I’m with NYC on this.

He's talking about in the Super Bowl, not this coming year's game in England.

I wasn't even thinking about the upcoing game in London. Now that game gets interesting given the Jaguars have a considerable home field advantage there.  While I feel the Eagles rank a top the entire league, the location being in London helps to even the odds a bit. 
[Image: dacdb07ab35c765e71e62601e33e08b0754853c5...d6fb98.jpg]
Pages: 1 2