Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: From Today's T-U: Prime Time TV Talk
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://www.jacksonville.com/sports/20180...-not-agree

I remember in 1997 when a similar discussion came up.

Of the four conference championship game participants that year, the Jaguars were the one team that was not given a nationally televised game right out of the box.  The league said it was "an oversight."

Those of you who are hoping for this team to approach high profile status should prepare for disappointment.
Call me desensitized, or lacking overt esteem, but I've grown to love my discreet 1pm games, tucked away at the back back back corner of the bar.

I am actually leery of prime time exposure as we haven't fared too well in those in recent times (sans playoffs this year). Opponents are likely to give that extra mmph when the bright lights are on them anyway. I prefer to creep up on them in January instead.
(04-16-2018, 09:46 AM)BritJag Wrote: [ -> ]Call me desensitized, or lacking overt esteem, but I've grown to love my discreet 1pm games, tucked away at the back back back corner of the bar.

I am actually leery of prime time exposure as we haven't fared too well in those in recent times (sans playoffs this year). Opponents are likely to give that extra mmph when the bright lights are on them anyway. I prefer to creep up on them in January instead.

When I still lived in Jville and went to games I HATED the 1pm games. It was so freaking hot in that stadium August- October. It was terrible. But other than that I'm like you, I prefer being out of the spotlight as a team. I don't mind some respect from around the league but I don't like the spotlight. We do better when we're backed into a corner or, like last season, we just came out of nowhere and blew people away. Unless or until we are consistent with winning seasons and such, I prefer we stay under the radar and just shock the world.
I have said it before and I'll say it again, not a fan of prime time games at home. Getting up at 4 am is a challenge after a late night at the stadium.
I really don't care about prime time games. If they happen, that's great because it means the league and networks apparently believe the Jags will do their part in drawing some viewership. So, I guess that vote of confidence is a good sign that the franchise is in a healthy place, but for me it's just all about getting wins regardless of the time slot.
Well since my drive is approximately 2.5 hours each way the late games are a problem for me. Even the 4 PM slot is pushing it by the time we leave the stadium, wait for traffic to thin (or sit in traffic either way) and then finally get up to speed on 95 getting home from a 4PM game is pushing 11PM. True prime time games are a real pain, especially Monday or Thursday night when I have to leave work early AND take time off the next day. So, for selfish reasons, I'm happy with all 1 PM games.
Now I don't necessarily care about prime time games.

I would, however, like some nationally televised games.
I think around 4/5 of our games will be nationally televised.
I think its almost certain out game against the Patriots will be prime time