Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: As a counter response to the trade for Romo thread lol.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I would honestly traded for Garropolo, I've been a big fan of him since the draft I wanted us to go Mack first round Garropolo 2nd.. and I still think Jimmy is light years better than the rest of that class.. i'm sure people will disagree and bash me but he's done nothing but prove me right.

Quote:I would honestly traded for Garropolo, I've been a big fan of him since the draft I wanted us to go Mack first round Garropolo 2nd.. and I still think Jimmy is light years better than the rest of that class.. i'm sure people will disagree and bash me but he's done nothing but prove me right.

I have one in the NFL at large thread.
He's bradys replacement, he's almost 40, why would they trade him.
Quote:I would honestly traded for Garropolo, I've been a big fan of him since the draft I wanted us to go Mack first round Garropolo 2nd.. and I still think Jimmy is light years better than the rest of that class.. i'm sure people will disagree and bash me but he's done nothing but prove me right.
Hire Josh McDaniels, trade for Jimmy G
Hubris, duh
I'd rather see what Brandon Allen can do.  Yeah, I know it's probably a fool's errand, but so was Brady a lowly-regarded late draft pick until he took over for Bledsoe.  At least find out what you have.  Bortles needs to get away from it for a little while and regroup.  He's clearly a disaster right now.

I would bench Bortles for the rest of the season.
I dont dislike Jimmy, but I still wouldnt trade for him. I do like this idea more than Romo tho.

Don't trade a 2nd RD pick for a QB that you're trying to pigeon hole into a garbage system here. That's a mistake. They're better off rolling with what they've got now. And hoping to have a new coaching staff in 2017 that selects an actual franchise QB in RD1 or even RD2 next year. That's a real possibility right now. Kizer or Watson could be our next QB next year depending on where we select and who the coaching staff will be. Maybe even Kaaya out of Miami.

Trading for Brady's backup. Always works well
Quote:Trading for Brady's backup. Always works well
I knew this was coming.. but I personally liked him way before they took him, I wanted him badly that year but we shocked the world and took the one QB most people thought would be a bust.. not saying he is it's entirely possible he just can't handle the pressure of playing behind the worst line ever? but aside from that Garropolo isn't just another Brady backup, let's rewind a few weeks when he threw 3 TD's in a game.. and let's keep in mind he left said game in the 2nd quarter with 11 minutes reminaing with injury. 3 TDs in basically a quarter, and he looked good in all the game time he's had. He's going to be good and I'd be thrilled to see us get him.