Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Jaguars.com - Khan on Wembley: “Actions speak louder than words”
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Khan on Wembley: “Actions speak louder than words”

http://prod.www.jaguars.clubs.nfl.com/ne...b49528573d

Jaguars Owner Shad Khan on commitment to Jacksonville in wake of news he is attempting to purchase Wembley Stadium in London: “Six years of actions here (in
Khans right actions speak louder than words he isn't investing all this money into downtown and the stadium to pack up and move in a few years. Khan is an investor he see's a deal he's going to take it and make money it's smart business.
Action of buying wembley stadium speaks louder than words of commitment to jax?
Of course the tack would be too ignorant to understand.
(04-26-2018, 10:28 PM)Dakota Wrote: [ -> ]Of course the tack would be too ignorant to understand.

You’re being to kind but I understand. Go Jags
The thumbtack is correct. Khan wants us to look at actions, and today we are looking at his purchase of Wembley and what it means to the future of the Jaguars.

IMO, it means Jacksonville is competing with London for the future of the Jaguars, and the result is predetermined.
Football players enjoy their downtime. How much time will players have when they travel to the US 8 times out of the season, using most of the week just for the travel and jet lag correction.... 8 times. Every season.

The NFLPA isn't going to allow that to happen.
Here we go with the Jaguars moving to London. You would think Jaguar fans would understand that Kahn's commitment to Weaver to keep the Jaguars in Jacksonville is rock solid and to even consider him moving the team is ridiculous. His investments in the stadium daily's place and the practice field would be enough for fans to understand the jags are staying in Jax. By this purchase, khan will receive revenue from every game played there and may have some future plans for his soccer team. He is building a sports empire that will supply revenue for both his teams and preventing relocation for lack of funds. We should all thank Mr. Kahn for is business acumen and steadfast commitment to Jacksonville.
(04-27-2018, 08:34 AM)Byron LeftTown Wrote: [ -> ]The thumbtack is correct.  Khan wants us to look at actions, and today we are looking at his purchase of Wembley and what it means to the future of the Jaguars.  

IMO, it means Jacksonville is competing with London for the future of the Jaguars, and the result is predetermined.

Yep. It’s a grand conspiracy. Put millions upon of millions of dollars into Jax just for grins and giggles. Khan loves investing money into a market he plans to leave. What a smart businessman. 

Now, where can I get my latest copy of The JFK Coverup: How the Illuminati, Mafia, Putin, Trump, and Shad Khan Pulled the Greatest Fake Assassination Off (with foreword by the genticially altered corpse of Elvis Presley)
(04-26-2018, 10:28 PM)Dakota Wrote: [ -> ]Of course the tack would be too ignorant to understand.

Khan isn't buying the stadium in Jacksonville is he? Until he retracts his bid for a stadium on foreign soil and places a bid to buy the London Jaguars' based in Jacksonville's Florida stadium frequently used by the team when they aren't at home in London, I'll remain skeptical about Khan's true intentions.

What happens when the rest of the NFL owners figure out playing in London is a form of subsidy for the Jaguars? I don't imagine they will appreciate losing all the revenue that locating a home game in London brings and facing a Shad Khan imposed inner-league taxation is unimaginable.

Buying Wembley Stadium does NOT make any sense at all unless the stadium owner intends to bring his franchise in to play there full-time.
(04-27-2018, 08:41 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: [ -> ]Football players enjoy their downtime. How much time will players have when they travel to the US 8 times out of the season, using most of the week just for the travel and jet lag correction.... 8 times. Every season.

The NFLPA isn't going to allow that to happen.

The travel scenarios for any divisional opponents of a London based team are a MAJOR stumbling block to overcome.One that all of the fear-mongering conspiracy theorists and delusional naysayers are completely ignoring. 
The players union will absolutely throw a fit about it.   

I think we'll see the international series expand to include a few more games and involve a few more teams that want a piece of the pie. But I doubt we ever see the Jags (or any team) play more than two games in one season in London. 

They'd have to have a major expansion of a whole new division based in the UK/mainland Europe IMO to even consider overcoming the travel disadvantages. 

This is coming from a guy who has flown across the pond a dozen times BTW - it can be pretty rough on your sense of well being and ability to sleep properly. It doesn't lend itself to competitive sport at all.
I wonder if the Jags would ever be given an away game over in London
(04-27-2018, 08:54 AM)JUNGLE CAT 2017 Wrote: [ -> ]

Khan isn't buying the stadium in Jacksonville is he? Until he retracts his bid for a stadium on foreign soil and places a bid to buy the London Jaguars' based in Jacksonville's Florida stadium frequently used by the team when they aren't at home in London, I'll remain skeptical about Khan's true intentions.

What happens when the rest of the NFL owners figure out playing in London is a form of subsidy for the Jaguars? I don't imagine they will appreciate losing all the revenue that locating a home game in London brings and facing a Shad Khan imposed inner-league taxation is unimaginable.

Buying Wembley Stadium does NOT make any sense at all unless the stadium owner intend to bring his franchise in to play there full-time.

Shouldn’t you be at school...learning something...anything?
(04-27-2018, 09:02 AM)B2hibry Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-27-2018, 08:54 AM)JUNGLE CAT 2017 Wrote: [ -> ]Khan isn't buying the stadium in Jacksonville is he? Until he retracts his bid for a stadium on foreign soil and places a bid to buy the London Jaguars' based in Jacksonville's Florida stadium frequently used by the team when they aren't at home in London, I'll remain skeptical about Khan's true intentions.

Buying Wembley Stadium does NOT make any sense at all unless the stadium owner intend to bring his franchise in to play there full-time.

Shouldn’t you be at school...learning something...anything?
Oh, I already know Khan gets tons of revenue for the games the London Jaguars based in Jacksonville play here. He can't squeeze that turnip out any more particularly since he is "giving away" the seats formerly known as tarp-ed over and he is smarting financially over the doggie doo station set up.

So, given the obviously brilliant plan to buy revenue streaming relating to ownership of Wembley stadium how does that affect other NFL owners? Certainly someone above the school boy status you have deemed a person such as I, you can easily answer that question because this is such a well-plotted - poised to be completely profitable - ploy.

It is foolish to project other NFL owners will raid their own home game revenue rivers consciously knowing that revenue will be diverted into the coffers of Shad Khan. Suppose New England is scheduled to HOST Dallas in a game to be played in Wembley. Is this covered as a contribution to NFL Charities? Are the rest of the NFL owners going to reimburse Khan for buying the stadium in London? Is playing home or away at Wembley their form of chipping in to help Khan recover from the negative initial impact of $850,000,000.00?

Ignore the facts and generate lots and lots of insults and be sure to check the negative feedback. Got it.
(04-27-2018, 08:54 AM)JUNGLE CAT 2017 Wrote: [ -> ]

The Bank is 23 years old with only one major renovation in that time, it hosts nine Jaguars games each season, the FL-GA game, the Gator Bowl and a handful of other events like the monster truck show and the very occasional USMNT. 

Wembley is 11 years old, and has year round events with NFL games, England and FA matches, rugby matches, concerts and plenty others. 

Buying Wembley is a much wiser investment for the long term finances, especially since the Jaguars are clearly expecting a major renovation to the Bank in the next five years.
(04-27-2018, 10:01 AM)JUNGLE CAT 2017 Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-27-2018, 09:02 AM)B2hibry Wrote: [ -> ]Shouldn’t you be at school...learning something...anything?
Oh, I already know Khan gets tons of revenue for the games the London Jaguars based in Jacksonville play here. He can't squeeze that turnip out any more particularly since he is "giving away" the seats formerly known as tarp-ed over and he is smarting financially over the doggie doo station set up.

So, given the obviously brilliant plan to buy revenue streaming relating to ownership of Wembley stadium how does that affect other NFL owners? Certainly someone above the school boy status you have deemed a person such as I, you can easily answer that question because this is such a well-plotted - poised to be completely profitable - ploy.

It is foolish to project other NFL owners will raid their own home game revenue rivers consciously knowing that revenue will be diverted into the coffers of Shad Khan. Suppose New England is scheduled to HOST Dallas in a game to be played in Wembley. Is this covered as a contribution to NFL Charities? Are the rest of the NFL owners going to reimburse Khan for buying the stadium in London? Is playing home or away at Wembley their form of chipping in to help Khan recover from the negative initial impact of $850,000,000.00?

Ignore the facts and generate lots and lots of insults and be sure to check the negative feedback. Got it.

The first paragraph is absolute hogwash. I mean, seriously, none of that is true. He can squeeze that turnip much more and he's not smarting from anything, least of all a little dog park. 

If you don't think the chargers, cards, saints, bucs, browns, bengals, lions and bills owners don't look at a London game as some welcome and easy revenue for their teams, then you are yet again disillusioned. 

And no NFL owners don't pay or re-imburse Khan as you feebly suggest. It's a very straight forward percentage of ticket sales that stay "in-house" at Wembley.  Very simple. And the dozens of concerts and soccer matches played there will do the same. 

Ed Sheeran and Taylor Swift are playing multiple sold out nights there over the coming days and weeks. 
What kind of income do you think that would provide the owner of the stadium? Think about it. 

This stuff is very simple and you are contorting it into nonsense.
(04-27-2018, 10:01 AM)JUNGLE CAT 2017 Wrote: [ -> ] It is foolish to project other NFL owners will raid their own home game revenue rivers consciously knowing that revenue will be diverted into the coffers of Shad Khan. Suppose New England is scheduled to HOST Dallas in a game to be played in Wembley. Is this covered as a contribution to NFL Charities? Are the rest of the NFL owners going to reimburse Khan for buying the stadium in London? Is playing home or away at Wembley their form of chipping in to help Khan recover from the negative initial impact of $850,000,000.00?

Not sure why I'm bothering... but stop and think for a moment.   When the NFL plays a game in Wembley, do you think the kind folks who currently own the stadium (FA) just say "Sure, help yourself.  No charge!" or do you think the NFL pays them a fee (I believe a percentage of the gate but am not sure on that)?    So, the stadium gets rented and then when the New England patriots HOST Dallas they get their usual cuts of the ticket sales etc.   The rental fee will be no different to the other NFL owners whether that rent goes to FA or to Kahn.   

But hey, you're rolling.
"The games the Jaguars play at Wembley are essential to the financial stability of the Jaguars in Jacksonville, which is one of the smallest markets in the NFL. If my ownership interests were to include Wembley Stadium, it would protect the Jaguars’ position in London at a time when other NFL teams are understandably becoming more interested in this great city. And the stronger the Jaguars are in London, the more stable and promising the Jaguars’ future will be in Jacksonville." - Shad Khan
(04-27-2018, 01:19 PM)Ronster Wrote: [ -> ]"The games the Jaguars play at Wembley are essential to the financial stability of the Jaguars in Jacksonville, which is one of the smallest markets in the NFL. If my ownership interests were to include Wembley Stadium, it would protect the Jaguars’ position in London at a time when other NFL teams are understandably becoming more interested in this great city. And the stronger the Jaguars are in London, the more stable and promising the Jaguars’ future will be in Jacksonville." - Shad Khan

I read that as "if someone else moves to London they can use Wembley and the Jaguars would still make money from that despite losing the London game"
(04-27-2018, 01:41 PM)DragonFury Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-27-2018, 01:19 PM)Ronster Wrote: [ -> ]"The games the Jaguars play at Wembley are essential to the financial stability of the Jaguars in Jacksonville, which is one of the smallest markets in the NFL. If my ownership interests were to include Wembley Stadium, it would protect the Jaguars’ position in London at a time when other NFL teams are understandably becoming more interested in this great city. And the stronger the Jaguars are in London, the more stable and promising the Jaguars’ future will be in Jacksonville." - Shad Khan

I read that as "if someone else moves to London they can use Wembley and the Jaguars would still make money from that despite losing the London game"

IDK, I took it as he wants the Jags playing there every year he can, and by owning the stadium that gives him leverage to make that happen.
Pages: 1 2