Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: What do we got on the ship that's good?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
COACHES- Not this bunch

QB- Jury is still out but serious reservations and confidence issues- See Coaching above

Offensive line- How many sacks and QB pressures again today? Not very good- is it ever?

Running game- One of bottom 5 teams in the league this year- See Offensive line play & coaching above

Wide receivers- Biggest asset on the team but can't catch ball if overthrown, QB on his back or other teams offense dominates TOP. See all of above

Defensive line play- How many sacks and QB pressures today? Again, not very good

Linebackers- Adequate...

Corners and Safeties- Adequate

Kicking game- Adequate

Special Team play- poor as usual

Overall Team Grade- Borderline C minus, almost D plus

Ownership- nice stadium, nice guy

Recommendation- Stay the course until end of year and hire and very good high priced coach and pay him a lot of money

The kicking game is better than adequate. 

Bad idea.  

Keeping Gus will destroy Bortles.  Fire him NOW and try to save Bortles.  

Surprisingly Myers is our bright spot.

Mods keep deleting my topic but keep this crap.
Trying to "save" Bortles is just wasting more time. The dude just can't throw at this level, among other major flaws you can't fix, and it's been that way since the day we over drafted for him. I remember those flaws and concerns being called out by the experts on draft day, and yes they were all there last year too...
I really do believe we have the talent. I believe that our

O-Line needs the most work.

I really think our issue is poor coaching. This was Gus' first HC job. It's very rare that a HC does successful their first go at it.
The coaching and QB have been the only parts of the team that are extremely subpar IMO. If they were franchise quality the rest of the team would be competing at every group. 

Quote:Mods keep deleting my topic but keep this crap.
You have to offer criticism in a constructive construct and not just say fire everybody as the administrators want us fans to feel better about ourselves and not get to down on ourselves. After all we are in a rebuilding phase that not finished playing out, there is hope.
We are OK just need to stay the course and trust the process
Fire the coaches. Bench Blake. Sign Vick.
Quote:Mods keep deleting my topic but keep this crap.

Because you're a troll who spouts nonsense
In homage to the Title question............

"I'll get back to you Gene."

The jury is not out in bb5.

Bb5 is a bust.

We need to fire Bradley and bring in a vet qb along with drafting a rookie qb in the first 3 rounds.

And if we can trade bb5 for a draft pick, we should do that too.

Bb5 sucks.
Quote:The jury is not out in bb5.

Bb5 is a bust.

We need to fire Bradley and bring in a vet qb along with drafting a rookie qb in the first 3 rounds.

And if we can trade bb5 for a draft pick, we should do that too.

Bb5 sucks.

I agree. At this point, he is Derek Anderson 2.0