Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Officiating
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Horrible game by us. I'm with the rest of Duval now. i'm sorry Gus, but you gotta go bro.

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;"> 

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">But my topic is about the officiating. Do the refs have a quota to reach? 239 yards in penalties between both teams. No calls when there needed to be calls. Just horrible officiating. They made the game last longer than it actually needed to. I know the NFL hates us, but it was painfully obvious today.

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;"> 

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">And that was not a pick by Reggie Nelson.

I guess this is the best thread to put it in, but I had a question from the game today. 

That onside kick. Did Cooper swat the ball out of bounds? Ref was literally right there. I mean I only got to see it once, and haven't seen a replay. On first look it looked like he did. Anyone know? Because wouldn't that make it Jags ball?

Quote:I guess this is the best thread to put it in, but I had a question from the game today. 

That onside kick. Did Cooper swat the ball out of bounds? Ref was literally right there. I mean I only got to see it once, and haven't seen a replay. On first look it looked like he did. Anyone know? Because wouldn't that make it Jags ball?

I think because Cooper touched the ball, it was supposed to be Raiders ball anyway even if the stupid penalty was not called. Yes, he did swat the ball out of bounds, which made it wrong to throw a flag on Myers.
They only thing I will say is with this game a lot more of the calls today I wasn't scratching my head as to why they were called. 

I knew the officiating was going to be terrible today. Jeff Triplette is the worst referee and hates the Jaguars. Today he was even a bad penalty announcer. I never want to see him work in Jacksonville again.

This is a common theme in the league. Blatant obvious penalties aren't being called. Some key ones like the PI on Julio Jones against the Seahawks. Stuff is just being called when it's convenient and you wonder what's really going on... gets worse every week it has benefited the Jags some but mostly hurt us. It's a league-wide issue.

Officiating is the main reason why so many people are being turned off to the NFL game. A 60 minute game takes 3+hours.
Quote:

Horrible game by us. I'm with the rest of Duval now. i'm sorry Gus, but you gotta go bro.

But my topic is about the officiating. Do the refs have a quota to reach? 239 yards in penalties between both teams. No calls when there needed to be calls. Just horrible officiating. They made the game last longer than it actually needed to. I know the NFL hates us, but it was painfully obvious today.

And that was not a pick by Reggie Nelson.

I actually started to wonder if the refs were trying to make some kind of point with how they've been calling these games. It's not just us that's seeing these refs drag the game on with ticky tack or awful calls. Are the refs this stupid, or is this their way of giving someone the finger?

Also, I don't friggin understand 60 year old men running around trying to watch 20-30 year olds make split-second and crazy athletic plays. Maybe that's far fetched, but I thought Jeff Triplett looked like he was going to forget where he was by the end of the game.
All year this year, the Jags players feel like they are not getting the fair end of the stick. From Odrick to ARob to M Lee, to Malik. these players are frustrated and I don't blame them.

Honestly, the NFL has not held themselves accountable for the bs that has been happening in Duval and around the league. I don't care if you are a good or bad team, the officiating should be called right down the middle.

Quote:Officiating is the main reason why so many people are being turned off to the NFL game. A 60 minute game takes 3+hours.

This.  The game is broken and it's getting worse.  The NFL is starting to exceed our shrinking attention spans.
Welcome to the NFL. Most of the games are hard to watch, always expecting a flag on every play right now.

And Goodell doesn't know why NFL's TV ratings are so low... idiot.

I'll just say that I've been shocked at how many times this season our receivers have been blatantly interfered with resulting in no flags...............

I agree Billycool.

But Blake gets killed in the pocket and takes shots while sliding and Carr get a RTP call on Malik.

No consistency.

Quote:I knew the officiating was going to be terrible today. Jeff Triplette is the worst referee and hates the Jaguars. Today he was even a bad penalty announcer. I never want to see him work in Jacksonville again.

Triplette hates the Jaguars? lol ... do you know Byron LeftTown?
I didn't even watch the game last night and barely paid attention to the pats and steelers game. That's how much I don't care to watch that crap they shovel us every week. I don't even get excited watching jags games anymore. I'm just like "oh well I guess I better watch it because they might surprise me this week". That hasn't been the case for about 6 years now. The flag fest is getting old and fast. I said it a couple of weeks ago that I like watching college more than I do NFL just because it's not raining flags every game. Not too mention the political issues being shoved down our throats every game. We get enough of that crap from other places. This is supposed to be an escape from that but it's not. I started to watch the Giants game yesterday and they had like a 5 minute discussion about john brown during the game. Anyone that hasn't been living under a rock knows what's going on with him. We don't want to see that during a game. He's a wife beater. He admitted to it and we get that, no need to go on talking about it during a game. I'm dead serious when I say I'm pulling my Nfl Sunday ticket after this year. $300+ just to watch the jags since I'm in Texas. I know it's nothing like season tickets cost but I feel like I'm putting in my money and time to a product that's gone straight down the toilet. Sorry for the rant. Guess I just had to get it out.
@ JagsGooner

I don't blame you. I watch and will continue to watch because I am a fan. But the NFL has taken the fun and pureness out of the professional game. Like I said earlier, flags should go both ways. There shouldn't be so many flags. There shouldn't be favoritism for certain teams to push a product that none care about. Im sure that every fans for all 32 teams want to see their team do well. the way the NFL is setup, only a certain few do well. If you think about it, most of the teams doing well are in big markets, aka more money. But the saturation factor is starting to set in. How many times do we need to see the Pats, Steelers, Packers, Boys? Big market teams with less talent and bad records are always in the spotlight such as 49ers and Giants. To me, its all a big setup and we can root for these Jags loud as we can and the only thing that talks in the NFL is money. I don't think that we will ever win a Super bowl because this is Jacksonville. And Jacksonville just aint big enough.

Quote:I actually started to wonder if the refs were trying to make some kind of point with how they've been calling these games. It's not just us that's seeing these refs drag the game on with ticky tack or awful calls. Are the refs this stupid, or is this their way of giving someone the finger?

Also, I don't friggin understand 60 year old men running around trying to watch 20-30 year olds make split-second and crazy athletic plays. Maybe that's far fetched, but I thought Jeff Triplette looked like he was going to forget where he was by the end of the game.

Jeff Triplette almost forgot a penalty was declined. He also called a foul on the Raiders twice before correcting himself to say it was against us.
With all the player interference calls that are NOT made in favor of the JAGS when the re-play CLEARLY shows it- it's looking to me like these are the best refs money can buy.

P.S. did you know: we had the first woman ref at the Jags game against the Raiders? Smile

Once Michael Crabtree was called for an Unsportsmanlike Penalty because the officials thought it was a throat slash gesture,  it was safe to assume that they were going to call at least most things tight in the 2nd half.   Coaches have to make that a point of emphasis to the players.  

Quote:With all the player interference calls that are NOT made in favor of the JAGS when the re-play CLEARLY shows it- it's looking to me like these are the best refs money can buy.

P.S. did you know: we had the first woman ref at the Jags game against the Raiders?

I did not know which crew she is on. she is the line judge.

Quote:Once Michael Crabtree was called for an Unsportsmanlike Penalty because the officials thought it was a throat slash gesture, it was safe to assume that they were going to call at least most things tight in the 2nd half.  Coaches have to make that a point of emphasis to the players.  

How can officials "think" they are seeing a throat slash gesture? Either he did or he didn't.

I knew when you told me Jeff Triplette is the referee officiating would be terrible.
Pages: 1 2