Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: O-line Depth Chart Predictions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
My before camp predictions = 9 Players Robinson, Norwell, Linder, Shatley, Richardson (Starters) backups Wells (Swing Tackle)Poehls Reed (Huge battle for last spot) Adams
I wonder if Adams and Richardson might put Wells and Reed on the bubble.  I've not been impressed much with either of them.
I'll be watching Gennesy closely too. He may develop into solid depth this year IMO.

Cam Robinson, Norwell, Linder, Richardson, Cann and Parnell are locks IMO unless they immediately fall in love with Richardson at RT over Parnell. Doubtful that happens IMO. Even still - don't think they part ways with Parnell until at least 2019.

Outside of those six - I feel like Shatley, Adams, Gennesy, and Poehls may have the edge in the back-up battle.
(05-06-2018, 09:24 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]I wonder if Adams and Richardson might put Wells and Reed on the bubble.  I've not been impressed much with either of them.
I'll be watching Gennesy closely too. He may develop into solid depth this year IMO.

Cam Robinson, Norwell, Linder, Richardson, Cann and Parnell are locks IMO unless they immediately fall in love with Richardson at RT over Parnell. Doubtful that happens IMO.  Even still - don't think they part ways with Parnell until at least 2019.

Outside of those six - I feel like Shatley, Adams, Gennesy, and Poehls may have the edge in the back-up battle.

Wells did a fine job last season when he had to come in. I don't believe he's on the bubble just yet.

I'm thinking 9 make the final roster, and I'll go with the early wild prediction that Tony Adams starts at RG...

LT: Cam Robinson, Jonathan Wells
LG: Andrew Norwell, 
Shatley/Cann
C: Brandon Linder, Tyler Shatley
RG: Tony Adams, AJ Cann
RT: Jermey Parnell, Will Richardson

Practice Squad: Avery Gennesy and KC McDermott

Waived: Chris Reed, William Poehls, Josh Walker and Brandon Thomas
LT: Robinson, Wells
LG: Norwell
C: Linder, Shatley
RG: Cann, Reed
RT: Parnell, Richardson

Practice Squad: Adams, McDermott
(05-07-2018, 12:18 AM)Jags02 Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-06-2018, 09:24 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]I wonder if Adams and Richardson might put Wells and Reed on the bubble.  I've not been impressed much with either of them.

Cam Robinson, Norwell, Linder, Richardson, Cann and Parnell are locks IMO unless they immediately fall in love with Richardson at RT over Parnell. Doubtful that happens IMO.  Even still - don't think they part ways with Parnell until at least 2019.

Wells did a fine job last season when he had to come in. I don't believe he's on the bubble just yet.

Wells did fine the first time he was called upon.
But - I thought Wells was terrible when he came in later in the season at RT for Parnell. He got rag-dolled.
We've already been through this in a prior thread though.
(05-07-2018, 10:10 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]

But - I thought Wells was terrible when he came in later in the season. We've already been through this in a prior thread though.

I thought their best line was Shatley at center and Linder at guard.
I think shatley is going to win a strong spot over cann.
(05-07-2018, 10:13 AM)Rico Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-07-2018, 10:10 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]Wells did fine the first time he was called upon.
But - I thought Wells was terrible when he came in later in the season. We've already been through this in a prior thread though.

I thought their best line was Shatley at center and Linder at guard.

I was surprised how good that line looked.
I’m going to go with

LT - Robinson, Poehls
LG - Norwell, Reed
C - Linder, Shatley
RG - Cann
RT - Parnell, Richardson

Gennesy and Adams to the PS.
(05-07-2018, 10:10 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]

But - I thought Wells was terrible when he came in later in the season at RT for Parnell. He got rag-dolled.

I recall agreeing that he plays better at LT, and now he won't need to worry about RT.

Keep in mind that we've been develping Wells for a long time. He was on the PS for three seasons before even seeing the active roster. There aren't many backup players in this league who can come in at LT and play as well as Wells. 
(05-07-2018, 12:34 PM)Jags02 Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-07-2018, 10:10 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]Wells did fine the first time he was called upon.

I recall agreeing that he plays better at LT, and now he won't need to worry about RT.

Keep in mind that we've been develping Wells for a long time. He was on the PS for three seasons before even seeing the active roster. There aren't many backup players in this league who can come in at LT and play as well as Wells. 
Wells was in the 2014 draft (not selected).  In his first season, 2014, Wells made the 2014 53 man roster and tallied 12 games.  In 2015, he was on IR.  In 2016, he was placed on IR with designated to return status, and came back in December and logged 5 games.  In 2017, he tallied another 15 games.  The statement that he was on the PS for 3 seasons before being on the active roster is not correct.
(05-07-2018, 01:01 PM)ATLjag Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-07-2018, 12:34 PM)Jags02 Wrote: [ -> ]I recall agreeing that he plays better at LT, and now he won't need to worry about RT.

Wells was in the 2014 draft (not selected).  In his first season, 2014, Wells made the 2014 53 man roster and tallied 12 games.  In 2015, he was on IR.  In 2016, he was placed on IR with designated to return status, and came back in December and logged 5 games.  In 2017, he tallied another 15 games.  The statement that he was on the PS for 3 seasons before being on the active roster is not correct.

My bad then.
(05-07-2018, 12:18 AM)Jags02 Wrote: [ -> ][quote pid='1126380' dateline='1525656295']
NYC4jagsI wonder if Adams and Richardson might put Wells and Reed on the bubble.  I've not been impressed much with either of them.

I'm thinking 9 make the final roster, and I'll go with the early wild prediction that Tony Adams starts at RG...

LT: Cam Robinson, Jonathan Wells
LG: Andrew Norwell, 
Shatley/Cann
C: Brandon Linder, Tyler Shatley
RG: Tony Adams, AJ Cann
RT: Jermey Parnell, Will Richardson

Practice Squad: Avery Gennesy and KC McDermott

Waived: Chris Reed, William Poehls, Josh Walker and Brandon Thomas

[/quote]

Whoa!  That's quite the prediction.

I'm betting Richardson and Adams both make the final roster, with Richardson starting at RG.
LT- Cam
LG- Norwell
C- Linder
RG- Shatley
RT- Parnell

Reserves - Wells Adams Cann Richardson
Per Mike Kaye, Tony Adams didn’t pass his physical so he won’t be signing with the Jags.
(05-10-2018, 07:04 PM)HolsterHusto Wrote: [ -> ]Per Mike Kaye, Tony Adams didn’t pass his physical so he won’t be signing with the Jags.

Wow! Seemed like a good UDFA pick up.  That's too bad.

https://twitter.com/mike_e_kaye/status/9...8406188032

Incoming signing, I suppose. 
(05-10-2018, 07:36 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-10-2018, 07:04 PM)HolsterHusto Wrote: [ -> ]Per Mike Kaye, Tony Adams didn’t pass his physical so he won’t be signing with the Jags.

Wow! Seemed like a good UDFA pick up.  That's too bad.

Crap! The one UDFA O-Lineman I was excited about. I guess we now know why he went undrafted. He must have some physical red flag that made him undraftable. I really hope the team allows Will Richardson to compete at RG, because we have no one else I have confidence in at that spot.
(05-10-2018, 09:26 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-10-2018, 07:36 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]Wow! Seemed like a good UDFA pick up.  That's too bad.

Crap! The one UDFA O-Lineman I was excited about. I guess we now know why he went undrafted. He must have some physical red flag that made him undraftable. I really hope the team allows Will Richardson to compete at RG, because we have no one else I have confidence in at that spot.

So much for my projected starting RG.
(05-11-2018, 10:52 AM)Jags02 Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-10-2018, 09:26 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: [ -> ]Crap! The one UDFA O-Lineman I was excited about. I guess we now know why he went undrafted. He must have some physical red flag that made him undraftable. I really hope the team allows Will Richardson to compete at RG, because we have no one else I have confidence in at that spot.

So much for my projected starting RG.
What about Gennessey (sp) or Shatley as competition for Cann? Why did an UDFA inspire more confidence than them?
I'm just crossing my fingers that this staff knows something I don't know about Cann and he lights it up in this contract year.

He wasn't terrible to me last year, but there were just way too many plays where he was the weak link in the run game. Was hoping to see that upgraded.
Pages: 1 2