Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Jags bringing in Terrance West for a visit
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...g-jaguars/

Looks like we are still in the market for a big back.
When you have a pounder like Fournette, changeup backs are cute. However, if you really want to pound your opponent, gas them, and dominate in the fourth quarter you need a second pounding back to keep the pressure high the entire 60 minutes.
(05-16-2018, 01:37 PM)pirkster Wrote: [ -> ]When you have a pounder like Fournette, changeup backs are cute.  However, if you really want to pound your opponent, gas them, and dominate in the fourth quarter you need a second pounding back to keep the pressure high the entire 60 minutes.

Indeed. Plus with the position and his history, it's good to have a similar running back as a back up. Yeldon excels as a 3rd down back and Grant is a speedy change-of-pace gadget player of sorts....
Gotta have more beef.
West makes a lot of sense to back-up/spell Fournette.
Doesn't look like it impacted our Vegas odds of winning the Super Bowl.  Still 20:1

http://www.vegasinsider.com/nfl/odds/futures/
He's about the same weight as Fourtnette, but more compact...
  • Leonard Fournette - 6' 0 1/8", 228 lbs*
  • Terrence West - 5' 9 1/4", 223 lbs
*Fournette is listed on the Jags roster at 228 lbs, but he weighed in at the combine at 240 lbs.
Still 20:1 --- even after posting the height and weight stats.
I still want to see Grant get the rock behind Fournette.
I like him considerably more than Chris Ivory as the #2
We could have King Kong back there, but if the line doesn't open a hold for him to run through, it's more short yardage. Too bad MJD wasn't in his prime... He always got lost in the mix and found a way to squirt out and gain some serious yardage.
(05-16-2018, 06:31 PM)temporaryname Wrote: [ -> ]We could have King Kong back there, but if the line doesn't open a hold for him to run through, it's more short yardage. Too bad MJD wasn't in his prime... He always got lost in the mix and found a way to squirt out and gain some serious yardage.

Fred use to always cut back. Still can't believe he missed 55 regular season games and retired inside the top 20 all time rushing. 

He could have easily made the top 10. 

I think MJD is like 49th all time.
(05-16-2018, 04:52 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]Still 20:1 --- even after posting the height and weight stats.

You consistently make me lol.
(05-16-2018, 06:38 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-16-2018, 06:31 PM)temporaryname Wrote: [ -> ]We could have King Kong back there, but if the line doesn't open a hold for him to run through, it's more short yardage. Too bad MJD wasn't in his prime... He always got lost in the mix and found a way to squirt out and gain some serious yardage.

Fred use to always cut back. Still can't believe he missed 55 regular season games and retired inside the top 20 all time rushing. 

He could have easily made the top 10. 

I think MJD is like 49th all time.

I agree if only Fred could have played more.  People would be like LT who?
I'd rather play Cook
I would like to see a vet like West come in and compete for the backup big back role. However, I thought the combination of Yeldon and Grant did an admirable job of rotating last year, when Ivory was inactive.
(05-17-2018, 09:50 AM)ATLjag Wrote: [ -> ]I would like to see a vet like West come in and compete for the backup big back role.  However, I thought the combination of Yeldon and Grant did an admirable job of rotating last year, when Ivory was inactive.

I think they want to have another guy in camp to compete with Cook and Wilds. West may get more money from one of the three other teams he's met with, but having another guy in camp (cheaply) as a potential "spellback" would be wise IMO. I like Cooks' potential, but they'll need another guy in camp so, may as well be someone who will legit compete for the job.

(Wilds is actually more of a third down guy known for blocking and receiving - probably practice squad insurance in case of a Yeldon injury)

I still remember that Pat's game where MJD squirted through and was halfway down the field before anyone saw him.?
(05-16-2018, 04:10 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]Doesn't look like it impacted our Vegas odds of winning the Super Bowl.  Still 20:1

http://www.vegasinsider.com/nfl/odds/futures/

25/1 in the UK
(05-17-2018, 08:39 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]I'd rather play Cook

The fact that they brought in West seems to suggest they may not be sold on Cook, who just recently participated in the minicamp, so they got a fresh look at him.