Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Does Keelan Cole break 1000 yds recieiving in 2018?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
YOU TELL MEEE

*Jalen Ramsey Voice
We still don't know what his talent ceiling is... he may have the talent to do it... I think opportunity will be the limiting factor here.
Lets assume Bortles gets 3800 yards... my guess is:
Lee 1000
Moncreif 700
Westbrook 600
Cole 500
Chark 400
ASJ 400
Paul 50
O'Shaun 50
Koyack 50
Lazard 50

Edit.. forgot about RB's... all of these prob will be much lower since we our RB's will prob take a good chunk out of that 3800.
(05-17-2018, 10:23 AM)brianmsbc Wrote: [ -> ]We still don't know what his talent ceiling is... he may have the talent to do it... I think opportunity will be the limiting factor here.
Lets assume Bortles gets 3800 yards... my guess is:
Lee 1000
Moncreif 700
Westbrook 600
Cole 500
Chark 400
ASJ 400
Paul 50
O'Shaun 50
Koyack 50
Lazard 50

Edit.. forgot about RB's... all of these prob will be much lower since we our RB's will prob take a good chunk out of that 3800.
You make a fair point. And he IS technically no. 4 on the depth chart. I personally prefer him over Dede, just because I sense strong chemistry between him and Blake. I Think coach Mccardell has done an excellent job of teaching these young guys to trust blake, thus helping our QBs confidence in the process. Same reason why i think chemistry between Blake Hurns, and Robinson declined. Their heads got too big and they quit trusting their QB. We shall see.
With the resigning of Lee, signing of Moncrief, drafting of Chark, and development of Westbrook, I don't see Cole getting enough receptions to reach the 1000 yards level. I foresee around 700-800 yards for Cole.
Depends on:
  • How well does Moncrief perform? How many reps and looks he gets will make the rest trickle down accordingly. 
  • Who eventually gets the majority of the slot work?  Might be Cole. Could be Lee if Moncrief steps up at X. 
  • Do the guys ahead of him on the depth chart stay healthy? 

If Cole gets the job as the primary slot receiver, I see him getting around 900 yards and 8 TDs. 
If he's splitting reps at slot or Z with Westbrook or someone else, it could be less. 
I have a feeling this staff will roll with the hot hand  - and that may mean one look early in September that morphs into a couple of varied receiver line-ups depending on opponent and individual performances.
If given the starting job, (as he deserves), Cole would most certainly break 1,000 yards. Unfortunately, I believe the team is set on making Lee and Moncrief starters with Chark mixed in as well. If this happens, I see the passing game taking a hit. Lee offers nothing more than being an average possession receiver who drops some very catchable balls. Moncrief has height and athleticism, but has been plagued by injuries and "the dropsies" his entire career and Chark is a rookie. IMO, the starters should continue to be Cole and Westbrook, as I believe both can be 1,000 yard receivers, if given the entire season. Chark should then be mixed in as the 3rd receiver, who can make big plays, especially on 3rd and long. In any case, I see Chark as a starter by 2019.
Not even close.  Last season our #1 and #2 WRs were out for most of the season, our rookie sleeper (Westbrook) was out for the 1st 6 games,  and our #1 TE was 47 years old.  I'd have to think that Moncrief, Westbrook, and ASJ are going to take a lot of receptions away from a person like Cole who filled in nicely last year.
uhhhhh no.
Can he? Sure.

Will he? Maybe. Too much uncertainty on how the depth chart will order up.
He wont even start a game.
No he won’t but that’s a good thing. As good as we believe Cole is, there are simply better players on the roster over him which isn’t a bad thing. You want a guy like Cole to be your 4th-5th guy. I think he will get about the same amount of opportunities last year because Moncrief and Lee will get hurt at some point. When that happens; unless Chark dominates all of the off-season and preseason, I could see them leaning on Cole more than Chark because Cole is a second year player and has done it before.
(05-17-2018, 06:22 PM)Etdavis2006 Wrote: [ -> ]No he won’t but that’s a good thing. As good as we believe Cole is, there are simply better players on the roster over him which isn’t a bad thing. You want a guy like Cole to be your 4th-5th guy. I think he will get about the same amount of opportunities last year because Moncrief and Lee will get hurt at some point. When that happens; unless Chark dominates all of the off-season and preseason, I could see them leaning on Cole more than Chark because Cole is a second year player and has done it before.

You want this guy to be our 4th or 5th WR? https://youtu.be/ZOx1B3HwysQ

Lee could only dream about having a game like this.

He is our best WR and yes Cole will get over 1000 yards this year. He will earn a starting WR spot in TC and pre season and will lead this team in receiving for the 2nd year in a row

Only if Lee could do this
(05-17-2018, 06:22 PM)Etdavis2006 Wrote: [ -> ]No he won’t but that’s a good thing. As good as we believe Cole is, there are simply better players on the roster over him which isn’t a bad thing. You want a guy like Cole to be your 4th-5th guy. I think he will get about the same amount of opportunities last year because Moncrief and Lee will get hurt at some point. When that happens; unless Chark dominates all of the off-season and preseason, I could see them leaning on Cole more than Chark because Cole is a second year player and has done it before.

No. Lee and Moncrief should be the 4th and 5th guy. I have no clue why this team thinks so highly of Lee and Moncrief has largely been a disappointment his entire pro career.
I believe in Cole, I think he has a very high ceiling. It will be fascinating to see how they use the WRs this season.
(05-17-2018, 08:01 PM)JagJohn Wrote: [ -> ]I believe in Cole, I think he has a very high ceiling. It will be fascinating to see how they use the WRs this season.

I agree but just like most people on this board, I think the receiving yards are going to be very spread out and in my opinion wouldn't place a single penny on any 1 jag player having 1,000+ yards.  The odds on favorite is M. Lee but in reality, I think even those odds are less than 50%
(05-17-2018, 08:01 PM)JagJohn Wrote: [ -> ]I believe in Cole, I think he has a very high ceiling. It will be fascinating to see how they use the WRs this season.

I agree but just like most people on this board, I think the receiving yards are going to be very spread out and in my opinion wouldn't place a single penny on any 1 jag player having 1,000+ yards.  The odds on favorite is M. Lee but in reality, I think even those odds are less than 50%
Lol no. Better question is if he will get 500 yards. He's probably going to be the 4th guy on out WR depth chart. Possibly 3rd depending on westbrook's development.
Moncrief will be the new ARob for this team. Chark will be the new Westbrook. Westbrook will be the new Shorts. Cole will be the new Hurns and Lee will... Just be water, my friend.
(05-17-2018, 03:08 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: [ -> ]If given the starting job, (as he deserves), Cole would most certainly break 1,000 yards. Unfortunately, I believe the team is set on making Lee and Moncrief starters with Chark mixed in as well. If this happens, I see the passing game taking a hit. Lee offers nothing more than being an average possession receiver who drops some very catchable balls. Moncrief has height and athleticism, but has been plagued by injuries and "the dropsies" his entire career and Chark is a rookie. IMO, the starters should continue to be Cole and Westbrook, as I believe both can be 1,000 yard receivers, if given the entire season. Chark should then be mixed in as the 3rd receiver, who can make big plays, especially on 3rd and long. In any case, I see Chark as a starter by 2019.

^This.

With Robinson out last year, Cole was the best receiver. He barely played in the first six games. Had he started all year he would have easily exceeded 1000 yards.

But I don't see the Jags giving him the opportunity after signing Lee and Moncrief and drafting Chark.
(05-17-2018, 08:55 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]

You're probably right, the rock will be spread around and everyone will contribute without putting up monster stats. But if anyone does emerge as a true no.1 go-to receiver next season I think Cole has more of a chance than anyone to be that guy. He made a really wide range of catches last year, and continued to improve as the season went on. If that improvement continues we might just have something special.

This play always comes to mind when Cole is discussed. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdlyvYfsAz4
Pages: 1 2