Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Milestone: 1 in Every 8 Circuit Court Judges Now a Trump Appointee
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Milestone: 1 in Every 8 Circuit Court Judges Now a Trump Appointee

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell claimed that one-eighth of all circuit court judges have been appointed by President Donald Trump.

https://www.westernjournal.com/milestone...manualpost
Never understood why judges are political appointments over there. No wonder some of you guys are so paranoid.
That was the main reason why I voted for Trump. (That and Hillary was a unelectable criminal, who was even more dangerous).

I wanted conservative judges, especially on the supreme court. I could really care less if Trump is only a one term president..that's not why I voted. I wanted a conservative supreme justice to take Antonin Scalia's seat and I'm happy with Gorsuch. Mission accomplished.
(05-19-2018, 11:22 PM)TurndownforWatt Wrote: [ -> ]That was the main reason why I voted for Trump. (That and Hillary was a unelectable criminal, who was even more dangerous).

I wanted conservative judges, especially on the supreme court. I could really care less if Trump is only a one term president..that's not why I voted. I wanted a conservative supreme justice to take Antonin Scalia's seat and I'm happy with Gorsuch. Mission accomplished.

Although I did not vote for Trump I agree that the Judiciary is the most compelling reason I had to do so. The Executive is not really the important piece so much as the components of the government he selects who fill positions long after he departs, those people are the political long game that few really consider when making their short term voting choices. In the end I simply remained where my views are the most compatible, the Libertarian Party, and prayed that the final outcome of 2016 wouldn't be as awful as I thought it would. Fortunately the response from Dems and the Left (BIRM) has been all the popcorn-chewing entertainment I could've hoped for, and Trump has been more conservative than I actually thought he would.