Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: 'I just let loose': Memphis man kills two intruders with AK-47
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Two Less Bad Guys On The Streets.... Gun Control is hitting WHO you aim for......

'I just let loose': Memphis man kills two intruders with AK-47

A man in Tennessee says he “just let loose” with his AK-47 on two burglars who he found in his home Friday night.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/06/06/jus...ak-47.html
I think I'd like to hear more facts on this one. I'm afraid I'm not so inclined to celebrate the death of a 17 year old human.
(06-06-2018, 10:18 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]I think I'd like to hear more facts on this one. I'm afraid I'm not so inclined to celebrate the death of a 17 year old human.

From The Baretta theme song: Don't do the CRIME if you can't do the TIME......

In this case, 6 feet under in a pine box........

Break in to my house and I don't care how old you are, you WILL get shot........
(06-06-2018, 10:32 AM)The Drifter Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-06-2018, 10:18 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]I think I'd like to hear more facts on this one. I'm afraid I'm not so inclined to celebrate the death of a 17 year old human.

From The Baretta theme song: Don't do the CRIME if you can't do the TIME......

Break in to my house and I don't care how old you are, you WILL get shot........
Really hope no 6 year olds sneak in then....
Don't break into a home.

That's the moral and only thing to take from this story.
There is no one so tough as a guy on a message board.
(06-06-2018, 10:54 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-06-2018, 10:32 AM)The Drifter Wrote: [ -> ]From The Baretta theme song: Don't do the CRIME if you can't do the TIME......

Really hope no 6 year olds sneak in then....

Does that 6-year-old have a gun he's pointing and trying to shoot at me? Because that's what those burglars did.
(06-06-2018, 02:17 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-06-2018, 10:54 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]Really hope no 6 year olds sneak in then....

Does that 6-year-old have a gun he's pointing and trying to shoot at me? Because that's what those burglars did.

One of them did anyway. Don't know which one. (or if it even happened really)  

Anyone breaking into a home is subjecting themselves to the possibility of being killed by the home owner and I don't fault the guy if it truly happened that way, but I still find it very disheartening how quick folks are to celebrate the death of a kid. 

Quote:"One of them “picked up his weapon, turned around and points them at me,” 

Edit for better info:
This article is much more clear about what happened and it also removes the doubt I expressed about both intruders having weapons and the rightful use of force by the home owner. 
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/memphis-hom...ith-ak-47/

Quote:The homeowner, who asked to remain anonymous for his safety, said he came home from the barber shop around 7 p.m. to find his door pried open and his caged dog barking wildly. He says he then saw two men in his house, and when they spotted him they drew their weapons.
According to Local Memphis, one of the burglar's guns jammed, and the other did manage to fire. The two then ran to the kitchen.
"I'm assuming they were trying to go out of my back door," the homeowner said, "so as they go through there I jumped in the closet and get my AK-47." He then found them on his patio, aimed his rifle and opened fire.
The two men, identified by authorities as 28-year-old Azell Witherspoon and 17-year-old Demond Robinson, were dead by the time police arrived.
The homeowner was brought in for questioning but released after he reportedly offered footage from his home surveillance system to back up his self-defense story. The District Attorney General's office determined that no charges will be filed at this time.
Wooo vigilante action.
(06-06-2018, 04:57 PM)lastonealive Wrote: [ -> ]Wooo vigilante action.

And just what would you do if you were being Shot at? Oh, I forgot, you can't have guns where you are............
Would be interested to see the "good guy" vs "bad guy" kill count.
(06-06-2018, 04:59 PM)The Drifter Wrote: [ -> ]

And just what would you do if you were being Shot at? Oh, I forgot, you can't have guns where you are............

Which is why the homicide rate is so much lower. 

But yeah cheering death sentence for all burglars, fabulous society...

You obviously don't even know what the hell vigilante even means, because what happened was definitely NOT "vigilante action".  Rolleyes

Nope. Big swing and a miss. Self defense and vigilantism are two completely different things.
I wasn't responding to this case. We don't know if it was self defense yet?

The responses suggesting all burglars are fair game was what I was responding and don't do the crime etc etc.
(06-06-2018, 05:36 PM)lastonealive Wrote: [ -> ]I wasn't responding to this case. We don't know if it was self defense yet?

The responses suggesting all burglars are fair game was what I was responding and don't do the crime etc etc.

Actually we already know it was self defense, did you read the article?

Quote:Police identified the burglars as Azell Witherspoon, 28, and Demond Robinson, 17. Police concluded that the killing had been in self-defense and did not press charges, the paper said.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/06/06/jus...ak-47.html

As far as other cases.. If someone unlawfully breaks into your house, you have the right everywhere in this country to shoot them dead..as it should be.

And I know that you didn't post this, but please no more moronic strawman arguments like "what if a 6 yo broke into your house".  Lol, really?! That's not even worth entertaining with a legit response.
No I don't click drifters links and I missed the quote subsequent.

But fox is msm so could be fake news?
(06-06-2018, 05:52 PM)lastonealive Wrote: [ -> ]No I don't click drifters links and I missed the quote subsequent.

But fox is msm so could be fake news?

It didn't come from fox..fox was just quoting the local paper.
(06-06-2018, 05:36 PM)lastonealive Wrote: [ -> ]I wasn't responding to this case. We don't know if it was self defense yet?

Burglars of dwellings are fair game here. Castle doctrine. Look it up.
Also as far as the 17 yo kid being shot and killed and his age upsetting some...in crimes like this his age doesn't matter.. This is what happened here in Houston recently.

Quote:14-YEAR-OLD CHARGED WITH KILLING WOMAN 3 DAYS AFTER HER WEDDING

HOUSTON, Texas - The woman killed outside of her southwest Houston home died three days after her wedding.

Tuyen Nguyen, 29, left her mother's home at about 11 p.m. on April 4. The following morning, on April 5, she was discovered by her husband on the front lawn of their home on Langdon Lane. She was found still holding her car keys.

Sources say the 14-year-old boy intending to rob someone picked Nguyen at random. But they say he panicked and shot her in the head in the front yard of her home.

The family told Eyewitness News that Tuyen worked at various nail salons to support her elderly mother and sick brother in Vietnam.

The teen now faces a charge of capital murder. His name is not being released due to his age. He was arrested without incident on Sunday.

https://www.google.com/amp/abc13.com/amp...y/3564912/

Poor lady came over here with her family for a better life and was shot dead in her own front yard 3 days after her wedding by a 14 yo kid.

So while I always hate when someone that young loses their life, I hate it more when they put people in the situation where they have to take their life. I would hate to be put in that situation..to take any life regardless of age, but if you broke into my house and put me there, I'm going to protect myself and shoot you. 17 yo (and younger) rob, shoot, and kill people all the time.
Pages: 1 2 3