Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Preseason Preview Mags Predictions, etc.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I typically hate this time of year.  The draft and associated buzz has typically waned and training camps are still basically two months away.  Not having any of the OTAs or mini camps open to the public doesn't help.  

However, for me the release of the preseason football preview mags help take a little of the edge off the football withdrawal.

The first of the mags I have seen this year is Street and Smith's.

They predict our Jaguars to repeat as AFC South Champs.  However they predict we will lose to Pittsburgh in the divisional round. 

I don't get that pick.  I see nothing they have done to offset the match up advantage we have over them.  They didn't add a major front seven player in free agency or in the early rounds of the draft.  I see no way they are better equipped to stop the run, while we improved the o line.

In any event the mag picked the Rams and Steelers in the Super Bowl.
No way the Steelers are going to the SB.

I'm shocked they didn't pick the Texans, seems to be a toss up between us and them for the division everywhere I've seen. Which is nice for a change!
(06-06-2018, 02:28 PM)Hard_Eight Wrote: [ -> ]No way the Steelers are going to the SB.

I'm shocked they didn't pick the Texans, seems to be a toss up between us and them for the division everywhere I've seen. Which is nice for a change!
I mean the Steelers absolutely could go to the SB. Why can't they? They play in what I think is the worst division in football so they will most likely make the playoffs and then anything can happen.
(06-06-2018, 02:32 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-06-2018, 02:28 PM)Hard_Eight Wrote: [ -> ]No way the Steelers are going to the SB.

I mean the Steelers absolutely could go to the SB. Why can't they? They play in what I think is the worst division in football so they will most likely make the playoffs and then anything can happen.

Yeah, I mean, they have to play the games for a reason, but I don't see any good reason to expect the squealers to get past the Jags in the 2018 playoffs if both teams are similarly healthy. 

Unless we're just rolling the dice here.
I've always been under the impression that most of these predictions just take whatever the standings were at the end of last season and regurgitate those for this season, so I'm not surprised they have the jags winning the afcs. I'm also not surprised they'd pick a national heritage team to go to the Superbowl, over a team that the league literally wishes didn't exist.