Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: 8 Jaguars in Prisco's Top 100
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pete Prisco has eight Jaguars in his top 100 NFL players for 2018, with Ramsey being the highest Jag at #6. 

Prisco Top 100
JJ Watt at #9 -- What a joke. The dude has 1.5 sacks in 2 years.

His injuries have slowed him down tremendously and he'll never be 100% again so ranking him based on what he did 3 years ago is asinine and destroys any credibility of his list.
(06-11-2018, 12:14 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]JJ Watt at #9 -- What a joke.  The dude has 1.5 sacks in 2 years.

His injuries have slowed him down tremendously and he'll never be 100% again so ranking him based on what he did 3 years ago is asinine and destroys any credibility of his list.

100% he should have left Watt off the list. Better to be talking about how he made it back on it after a rough few years if he miraculously recovers than to have to defend calling him one of the best players in the league when he's done nothing for years.
He clearly states he's including injured players who "seem to be healthy again," but Watt's inclusion (especially so high) is still pretty dumb. If he's on the list, it's somewhere near the bottom.

I wonder what Watt's stat line will be like this season? 7 starts and 4.5 sacks? Maybe? I don't trust he'll be healthy all season nor do I think he returns to form.
(06-11-2018, 01:51 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]He clearly states he's including injured players who "seem to be healthy again," but Watt's inclusion (especially so high) is still pretty dumb. If he's on the list, it's somewhere near the bottom.

I wonder what Watt's stat line will be like this season?  7 starts and 4.5 sacks? Maybe?  I don't trust he'll be healthy all season nor do I think he returns to form.

Yes, it's not that he didn't explain his rationale, which is why I could understand including someone that had performed in any capacity approaching top ten in the league at some point in the previous two seasons WHEN they actually were playing, but it's not like Watt didn't play at all last year, he did play, and he was getting put on his rear all game by the Jaguars, and I didn't see anything of significance from him in any of his other appearances, either.

There's nothing at this point to indicate he's going to turn back the clock five years and start being a difference maker again. Including him as a top 10 is absurd, and even at the back end of the top 100 would be too much. I honestly expect Myles Jack, a guy that didn't even make Prisco's list, will have a bigger impact in 2018 than JJ Watt will.
Pretty cool that Pete is showing Jacksonville some love. I see that we have 8 players in his top 100. Just missed the cut was also Myles Jack.

I could see Jack making the top 100 next season.

For those of you that say Ramsey isn't the best corner in the NFL, Pete has Rhodes ranked like 17 and Ramsey is ranked 6th.

Outside of Aaron Donald, Ramsey is probably the best player on defense in the entire league.

He's crazy good. What's even more crazy, is Bouye had numbers that were better than Ramsey in some categories. I don't think Bouye gave up a touchdown catch all year. That's sick.
That rebuild period was painful but now it's all worth it.

We have the most players in the Top 100.
Just eight? That's too low. Should be at least twenty-two on that list. We're looking at the best damn team in the NFL right now that's fixing to win the Superbowl after they beat the [BLEEP] out of everybody in the AFC.
I got a feeling the Patriots fall off some this year. Ol Thomas is getting old.