Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: North Korea begins returning remains of missing US troops from Korean War, Trump says
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
North Korea begins returning remains of missing US troops from Korean War, Trump says

North Korea has begun returning the remains of missing U.S. troops from the Korean War, President Donald Trump said Friday morning during an interview with Fox & Friends.

President Trump and North Korean dictator Kim Jong Un agreed Tuesday to return the remains of U.S. military personnel who were missing in action during the Korean War.

https://americanmilitarynews.com/2018/06...m=facebook
That's good to see. My grandfather served during the Korean War. If he was still alive today this would bring a smile to his face for sure.
My Dad was in Korea during the war with the Air Force. Sadly, he passed away Dec 17th 2016 and didn't live to see this historic event.
Good to see, hopefully this will quell some of that "Trump didn't get us nuffin'" stuff flung around.
This is huge. For those who understand history and military history. I'm sure there are those who would consider this no big deal in order to "get Trump."
Bumping this since no remains have been sent. Nobody has any information on remains being sent. And NK is denuking about as quickly as Trump is making his taxes public.

You have been duped. Trump said it. You believed it. You are a sucker.
(06-27-2018, 01:40 PM)Kotite Wrote: [ -> ]Bumping this since no remains have been sent. Nobody has any information on remains being sent. And NK is denuking about as quickly as Trump is making his taxes public.

You have been duped. Trump said it. You believed it. You are a sucker.

Do you think they're going to throw them in a dump truck and toss'em over? 

Relax. It's going to happen and you have no reason to believe otherwise.
If you just close your eyes and believe Trump makes all your dreams come true.

Just don't ever verify the [BLEEP] that comes out of his mouth or ask for proof. Then you are a disloyal libtard.

Suh-ckers!

Pompeo yesterday said he was optimistic. I thought it was a done deal. Just like the nukes. What else is Trump not being fully truthful about?
No remains have been returned, and the nuclear site is actually being upgraded, not downgraded.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/worl...741015002/
It’s not a quick process. The countries are still technically at war which means multiple dignified transfers. One from Nk to United Nations Command and then Repatriated to United States under a separate transfer ceremony. Remains will then fly to Dover AFB for proper identification and next of ken notification.
(06-29-2018, 09:10 AM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]No remains have been returned, and the nuclear site is actually being upgraded, not downgraded.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/worl...741015002/

I am curious, did the summit say he would abandon using HEU to produce power and weapons or just weapons. Not being facetious i really don't care enough to read through. One thing i do know is the same centrifuges used to enrich low quantities for a power can produce amounts needed for weapons as well. Also i didn't think  that he was obligated to do anything at this time. I understand why people get their feathers ruffled about this stuff but some things take longer than 2 weeks to accomplish.
This is not an area I would defend Trump.. at least not yet. Trump has governed conservatively and a lot of his criticism is overblown. At the very least, the talk of war has subsided for the time being. That's a good thing. That said, I'd treat this more as a "wait and see." There is enough evidence to suggest the N. Koreans will do and say what they need to to advance their status, I'd personally avoid setting up false expectations in this area. It's just as likely this is a massive failure for Trump in the long run. The better approach is to be hopeful, but realistic that this may not succeed. Imo, one of the biggest drawbacks to party politics is that people become so entrenched in defending a person or party, that they back themselves into a corner when their policies fail.
Trump governs conservatively? Added 1T to debt and has 2.3T he wants to borrow in his new budget.

Perhaps we have a different opinion of conservative.
The National debt is 78 percent of the GDP, the highest level since just after WWII. But [BLEEP] yeah on North Korea and the travel ban. Suckers.
(06-29-2018, 12:02 PM)Kotite Wrote: [ -> ]The National debt is 78 percent of the GDP, the highest level since just after WWII. But [BLEEP] yeah on North Korea and the travel ban.   Suckers.

Man, it's like you got your hands in your pockets, your bottom lip sticking out, and you're kicking pebbles while barely holding back the tears and muttering under your breath.
(06-29-2018, 11:46 AM)Kotite Wrote: [ -> ]Trump governs conservatively? Added 1T to debt and has 2.3T he wants to borrow in his new budget.

Perhaps we have a different opinion of conservative.

That's speculation and doesn't factor an tax revenue increases.

Even with the tax breaks, we saw more tax revenue under the new plan than we did before.
Flsprtsgod.. Really? I might take you seriously if you could respond with any sort of fact or substance.
(06-29-2018, 10:59 PM)Kotite Wrote: [ -> ]Flsprtsgod..  Really? I might take you seriously if you could respond with any sort of fact or substance.

Why? Nothing here changes any one's minds.
Screw facts. Let's name call.

Why debate when you can just THINK you've won an argument without actually saying anything.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5