Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Marrone's Cautionary Words
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Can't wait till preseason. We have about a 5 year window.
On paper, we should be in the hunt for a 2nd division title and a playoff berth come December. A lot can happen between now and then.
(06-19-2018, 03:47 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]Can't wait till preseason. We have about a 5 year window.

If we can retain our Front Office personnel, we may have a 20 year window.  Good draft picks, coupled with fiscal responsibility, is a nice recipe for long term success.
(06-21-2018, 09:54 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-19-2018, 03:47 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]Can't wait till preseason. We have about a 5 year window.

If we can retain our Front Office personnel, we may have a 20 year window.  Good draft picks, coupled with fiscal responsibility, is a nice recipe for long term success.

In a perfect world, yes we could. Coughlin is up in age so I don't think he will be around in 20 years.

Ramsey is going to haul in a mega block buster deal once he signs his contract. And at all cost the Jaguars will have to keep him. 

Smith won't break the bank but he will get a large sum of money.

Bouye has 3 years left on his deal, so we got time on his side.

Dareus changed our run defense and sky rocketed our defensive rankings vs the run. He's going to require a big dealin the 3 year range.

Bortles has a 2 year deal. Either they will keep doing the 2 year thing or let him go.

Jackson is in the middle of his contract so who knows how that will play itself out. 

Jack will need a new deal at the same time Ramsey goes to the table. The way he played makes you think he will get a large contract.

Linder has the most money ever as a center. Unless someone topped him recently. 

So with all this, I would say the window is around 5 years from now.
(06-21-2018, 11:49 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-21-2018, 09:54 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]If we can retain our Front Office personnel, we may have a 20 year window.  Good draft picks, coupled with fiscal responsibility, is a nice recipe for long term success.

Smith won't break the bank but he will get a large sum of...

Smith already got his deal.
45 mil - 20 guaranteed 
Through 2021
It may sound cliche' but it's still true. You take it a day at a time, one practice at a time, one game at a time.

You have to stay focused on the immediate task and not look forward. Therefore, the focus is the immediate. The now. Take care of the now and the future will take care of itself.

There's no worry about future contracts, drafts, injuries, retirements, or what happened yesterday or last season.

It's all about now. It's always about now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5drjr9PmTMA
(06-21-2018, 05:48 PM)pirkster Wrote: [ -> ]It may sound cliche' but it's still true.  You take it a day at a time, one practice at a time, one game at a time.

You have to stay focused on the immediate task and not look forward.  Therefore, the focus is the immediate.  The now.  Take care of the now and the future will take care of itself.

There's no worry about future contracts, drafts, injuries, retirements, or what happened yesterday or last season.

It's all about now.  It's always about now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5drjr9PmTMA

I love that movie!
Its crazy how close you guys came last season. That new england game was yours. So close.
Hope you get back there again.
(06-22-2018, 12:09 AM)Nashville.Dave Wrote: [ -> ]Its crazy how close you guys came last season. That new england game was yours. So close.

Thank you tack fan (though I detect a little knife twist there).

The trek back and beyond begins 7/18 for rookies and 7/25 for vets.

The revenge game is week 2.
Don’t forget we got incredibly lucky in terms of injuries last year (aside from ARob). The road back won’t be easy nor given. Luck will be back and Watson looks sharp..the Titans always play us close. Out of conference games are tough this year with the Cowboys, Pats, Steelers and Chiefs. I think we can do it. Starts in the practice field
(06-22-2018, 12:57 AM)Bullseye Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-22-2018, 12:09 AM)Nashville.Dave Wrote: [ -> ]Its crazy how close you guys came last season. That new england game was yours. So close.

Thank you tack fan (though I detect a little knife twist there).

The trek back and beyond begins 7/18 for rookies and 7/25 for vets.

The revenge game is week 2.

I have a little love/hate with the jags. All the years of mutual losing seasons have me not hating the jags as much as i should. Sweeping them last season helped also. 
So maybe a slight knife twist but i felt bad about it.
(06-22-2018, 12:41 PM)Fred Jones-Brunell Wrote: [ -> ]Don’t forget we got incredibly lucky in terms of injuries last year (aside from ARob). The road back won’t be easy nor given. Luck will be back and Watson looks sharp..the Titans always play us close. Out of conference games are tough this year with the Cowboys, Pats, Steelers and Chiefs. I think we can do it. Starts in the practice field

I wouldn't worry about a Luck led Colts team this year.  The released video of him throwing a week or so ago was shocking in that we're a month and a half away from preseason football and that's all he's doing.  Unless it's the biggest rope a dope in league history, I wouldn't expect much out of him this season or maybe ever again.

It sure was crazy. Saying "close" doesn't even do it justice...

Myles Jack wasn't down.
(06-23-2018, 07:08 AM)Jags02 Wrote: [ -> ]

It sure was crazy. Saying "close" doesn't even do it justice...

Myles Jack wasn't down.

Too close for comfort for the NFL. If the jags were my team i would still be sore about it.