Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: PFT on DJ Chark
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...r-jaguars/

Granted it is hard to hear something negative about a rookie after minicamp, but this is good to hear.
Man...the comments are great.
This is good to hear. Even though there are no pads, it's good to hear about the athleticism he is showing.
I know, I’m new here but let me go off a little about the new guy DJ Chark. I don’t like this pick and it’s the only one that hasn’t grown on me. I’ve never been a fan of a measurables guy. And although for awhile I convinced myself to fall in love with his 6’4” frame that can scoot a 4.34, he seemed to be a little one dimensional. Honestly, no matter who we would have picked at the WR position, I would have been sour just because I wasn’t a fan of letting Allen Robinson go. Then we went on and picked the most raw WR in the draft (IMO).

But the one thing that absolutely KILLS me with Chark is his propensity of catching the ball into his body. I barely see him catch anything with his hands! First the highlight tapes, now some of the clips of OTAs, all show him being allergic to using his hands

However, he’s a Jaguar now... and I’m rooting for him to be Rookie of the Year, OPOY, 1st team All-Pro, and MVP. And I think he’s going to be a good player, partly because I’m an eternal optimist. I think Coach Keenan will coach him to limit the body catches. But right now, he’s a concern of mine. I know LSU receivers play better in the NFL. I also am highly aware that he’s more a pick for 2019 and beyond. And I know he’ll have the potential to exploit 8 man boxes.
(06-20-2018, 12:10 PM)Black and Teal Wrote: [ -> ]I know, I’m new here but let me go off a little about the new guy DJ Chark. I don’t like this pick and it’s the only one that hasn’t grown on me. I’ve never been a fan of a measurables guy. And although for awhile I convinced myself to fall in love with his 6’4” frame that can scoot a 4.34, he seemed to be a little one dimensional. Honestly, no matter who we would have picked at the WR position, I would have been sour just because I wasn’t a fan of letting Allen Robinson go. Then we went on and picked the most raw WR in the draft (IMO).

But the one thing that absolutely KILLS me with Chark is his propensity of catching the ball into his body. I barely see him catch anything with his hands! First the highlight tapes, now some of the clips of OTAs, all show him being allergic to using his hands

However, he’s a Jaguar now... and I’m rooting for him to be Rookie of the Year, OPOY, 1st team All-Pro, and MVP. And I think he’s going to be a good player, partly because I’m an eternal optimist. I think Coach Keenan will coach him to limit the body catches. But right now, he’s a concern of mine. I know LSU receivers play better in the NFL. I also am highly aware that he’s more a pick for 2019 and beyond. And I know he’ll have the potential to exploit 8 man boxes.

Reggie Williams had that problem but without the size and speed.. I think Chark will be fine
(06-20-2018, 12:10 PM)Black and Teal Wrote: [ -> ]I know, I’m new here but let me go off a little about the new guy DJ Chark. I don’t like this pick and it’s the only one that hasn’t grown on me. I’ve never been a fan of a measurables guy. And although for awhile I convinced myself to fall in love with his 6’4” frame that can scoot a 4.34, he seemed to be a little one dimensional. Honestly, no matter who we would have picked at the WR position, I would have been sour just because I wasn’t a fan of letting Allen Robinson go. Then we went on and picked the most raw WR in the draft (IMO).

The most important part is catching the ball. I don't care if he catches it with his facemask, as long as he catches it.
Chark does use his hands as well but does revert to his bad habits sometimes. Hurns did the same thing at first. These guys are coming from college coaches who are more worried about catching the ball rather than how they do so. It's of very little concern to me considering they lacked one on one time in college to fix these things. Just remember Keenan is steering the ship here. This guy made the playoffs with Marqise Lee, an undrafted guy from nowhere and a 4th round pick who just came back from surgery halfway through the year.

As for ARob...Look, ARob wasn't worth the money or headache. In all honestly I feel the guy doesn't truly love football. Didn't this guy get an offer from the Packers? So you're telling me you'd rather catch the ball from Mitch Trubisky and just fight to be the 3rd best team in that division behind the Vikings and Packers? I just never felt like he loved the game, man. Like he just wants to get paid and watch the Chicago Bulls and follow basketball. Not to mention, the way we used him was like a big tight end most of the time so I was ok with him walking.
Chark is going to be a beast. I think he was a diamond in the rough. He's big and can run.

Jimmy Smith caught tons of slants and outs from Brunell. As long as he is catching the ball it doesn't matter how.

He has the potential to be a legit number 1 guy.
(06-20-2018, 08:42 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]Chark is going to be a beast. I think he was a diamond in the rough. He's big and can run.

Jimmy Smith caught tons of slants and outs from Brunell. As long as he is catching the ball it doesn't matter how.

He has the potential to be a legit number 1 guy.
2nd round ain’t  exactly “the rough.”

I agree that he’ll be good.