Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Jalen Ramsey being tagged as prime time 2.0..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
<a class="bbc_url" href='http://blackandteal.com/2016/10/21/jalen-ramsey-tagged-prime-time-2-0/'>http://blackandteal.com/2016/10/21/jalen-ramsey-tagged-prime-time-2-0/</a>

Also he is gaining respect around the NFL...
Perfect matchup. Now if only the game was actually in prime time!

Is there any chance Ramsey will move to Crabtree's side in the red zone?

I would hope so.. I imagine he'll switch on and off..
What an article..
Quote:What an article..

What grade level would you rank it?
Too early for that nonsense. So far Ramsey has lived up to his draft status though. Unlike Sanders though he's a lot more physical and isn't shy AT ALL about sticking his nose up at you in the thick of things. He's been fun to watch man. For sure. Crabtree is the redzone favorite for Carr. But I think they should leave Prince on him throughout the game. You want a veteran guy on him more than anything. I'd rather see Ramsey on Cooper throughout this game because it's typically been Cooper this year that's sustained their drives and kept the offense alive. Carr goes to him early and often. That's why I'd rather have our most physically gifted secondary player in Ramsey covering him instead. To limit their actual redzone trips. 

Quote:Too early for that nonsense. So far Ramsey has lived up to his draft status though. Unlike Sanders though he's a lot more physical and isn't shy AT ALL about sticking his nose up at you in the thick of things. He's been fun to watch man. For sure. Crabtree is the redzone favorite for Carr. But I think they should leave Prince on him throughout the game. You want a veteran guy on him more than anything. I'd rather see Ramsey on Cooper throughout this game because it's typically been Cooper this year that's sustained their drives and kept the offense alive. Carr goes to him early and often. That's why I'd rather have our most physically gifted secondary player in Ramsey covering him instead. To limit their actual redzone trips.

I would think Ramsey would also enjoy the marquee match up of him vs what a lot of people consider to be one of if not the best young wr in the game. He loves the competition and that's when you get the best out of someone like that.
Quote:What grade level would you rank it?

VPK
Primetime ran a 4.2 40 and can catch the ball, and looked smooth and effortless and can take it to the house intercepting, on offense, special team. Ramsey, neither.
Quote:Primetime ran a 4.2 40 and can catch the ball, and looked smooth and effortless and can take it to the house intercepting, on offense, special team. Ramsey, neither.

Ramsey is also built like a safety and has like a 50 foot wingspan lol. Obviously they are two different types of DB.
He's fallen down the PFF rankings in recent weeks. I guess the couple of plays against the Colts and a rough 1st half against the Bears skew things a bit. He's already a good player and definitely has Pro Bowl potential. He's a fun player to watch. 

Closest player I can think of comparable to Ramsey is Peterson. Ramsey and Deion went to FSU... and that's where the comparison ends.
Poor comparison.

Ramsey can be an all time great shut down CB but he'll never be the playmaker that Sanders was.
Quote:He's fallen down the PFF rankings in recent weeks. I guess the couple of plays against the Colts and a rough 1st half against the Bears skew things a bit. He's already a good player and definitely has Pro Bowl potential. He's a fun player to watch. 

But he made a great play against the Bears when it mattered most.  :no:
Idk, but i enjoyed the article. I'll admit i don't know much about thee Deion Sanders. I was 2yrs old when he was drafted.
Prime is his mentor. Very different corners though.
Quote:Idk, but i enjoyed the article. I'll admit i don't know much about thee Deion Sanders. I was 2yrs old when he was drafted.

Oh man... Primetime was Sherm on steroids. You simply did not throw his direction because if you did, he's probably catching it, and if he catches it, he's  probably taking it all the way to the house. Straight up nobody was as fast as him on the field, and he'd eventually have to resort to playing far off his WR attempting to bait qbs into thinking his guy was open. Probably the best game plan if Deion is out there is to just forget about getting your best WR the ball.

Quote:Oh man... Primetime was Sherm on steroids. You simply did not throw his direction because if you did, he's probably catching it, and if he catches it, he's  probably taking it all the way to the house. Straight up nobody was as fast as him on the field, and he'd eventually have to resort to playing far off his WR attempting to bait qbs into thinking his guy was open. Probably the best game plan if Deion is out there is to just forget about getting your best WR the ball.

Speed was Deion's only great talent. He was not known as a physical cornerback when I watched him play.

Jalen Ramsey also is better between his ears than Sanders. He does not act angry and selfish on the sideline.
Quote:Speed was Deion's only great talent. He was not known as a physical cornerback when I watched him play.

Jalen Ramsey also is better between his ears than Sanders. He does not act angry and selfish on the sideline.

Sanders was so fast there was no need for him to be physical. The instincts he had for catching the ball and returning it the distance was a talent in itself.

Quote:Primetime ran a 4.2 40 and can catch the ball, and looked smooth and effortless and can take it to the house intercepting, on offense, special team. Ramsey, neither.

Ramsey has only played five games. How many rookies have interceptions by Week 7?
Pages: 1 2