Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Knee surgeon in Jax
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My wife and I are moving to Jacksonville next May. I currently do BJJ (Brazilian jiu jitsu) 4 days a week and was told that my ACL in my right knee is shot. I can hold off and just keep taping my knee and wearing something to assist in stabilization but eventually I will need to have my ACL replaced. My faith in the local surgeons here in WV is very minimal. I drove all the way to Columbus, OH to make sure I didn't get a butcher job on my eyes. 

All that said, I will likely hold off until I can have someone qualified in Jax do my knee surgery. Has anyone had ACL or some other knee surgery in Jax? Any surgeon suggestions? I fully intend to go straight back to BJJ after I am cleared so my preference is someone with a background in dealing with athletes if at all possible. 

Thanks all for any info provided. I appreciate it.
I don't have personal knowledge of any specific surgeons, but I certainly have heard this guy's name thrown around before and he's also the Jags' team physician. His resumé is solid.

https://www.baptistjax.com/doctors/ortho...-kaplan-md
(07-13-2018, 08:40 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]I don't have personal knowledge of any specific surgeons, but I certainly have heard this guy's name thrown around before and he's also the Jags' team physician. His resumé is solid.

https://www.baptistjax.com/doctors/ortho...-kaplan-md

I will keep this guy in mind. He definitely works on athletes. Thank you.
Just call Jacksonville Orthopaedic Institute where Kaplan and a dozen other good Orthos practice. They'll set you up.
Doc Tony can do everything.

[Image: hqdefault.jpg]

(07-13-2018, 09:02 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]Just call Jacksonville Orthopaedic Institute where Kaplan and a dozen other good Orthos practice. They'll set you up.

Good deal. It sounds like JOI will be where I go when I get to Jax. Thank you.

(07-13-2018, 09:43 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]Doc Tony can do everything.

He has an off putting look and the ferrets don't help matters.
Heekin is a legend. We're blessed to have so much talent here. Kaplan, JOI all terrific.

Except fight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jMgj5MyzHc
(07-13-2018, 09:57 AM)Dumptruck Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-13-2018, 09:02 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]Just call Jacksonville Orthopaedic Institute where Kaplan and a dozen other good Orthos practice. They'll set you up.

Good deal. It sounds like JOI will be where I go when I get to Jax. Thank you.

That’s his legal team, Ferret & Ferret.
(07-13-2018, 10:40 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-13-2018, 09:57 AM)Dumptruck Wrote: [ -> ]Good deal. It sounds like JOI will be where I go when I get to Jax. Thank you.

That’s his legal team, Ferret & Ferret.

Ferret & Ferret
Get More Than You Deserve.
Offithes Jackthonville