Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Its Jaguars Football Time
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I am like a giggling school girl. ITS FOOTBALL SEASON AGAIN YOU ALL!!! 

Will Blake Bortles break out this year?
Which wide receiver will become the number one guy? 
Can and will the defense repeat what they did last year? 

So many questions, so many story lines, so many possibilities, but the number one question is, will the Jaguars finally make it to the SuperBowl? 

Here we go Jaguars, here we go!! DUUUVVVAAAAAAAALLllllll...
no excitement, really? Freaking FOOTBALL IS BACK BABY!! Oh, too hell w/ you guys, I am jacked up...
I'm ready to sport my new #20 baby blue jersey
Soy pâté, wheatgrass smoothies and soccer for me. American football is nothing more than a bloodsport which promotes brutality and entrenched paternalistic values. I raise my pale thin fist in defiance of this barbarb…(suddenly cutoff as a horizontally launched Yannick Ngakoue delivers wince-inducing annihilation).

DUUUUUUVALLLLL!
(07-27-2018, 08:55 AM)Ronster Wrote: [ -> ]1 - Will Blake Bortles break out this year?
2 - Which wide receiver will become the number one guy? 
3 - Can and will the defense repeat what they did last year? 

1 - I think he'll have his best season thus far

2 - Doesn't matter as they'll spread it around, but Moncrief and Cole are good bets to put up numbers

3 - The defense will be even better

4 - the run game will notch up as well

GO JAGS!!!!
Countdown to August 9th.

And [BLEEP]...I just realized I'll be out of town for preseason game #3.  Stupid anniversary.  I'll cancel my trip to Sanibel Island.  I'm sure my wife will  understand. Cry
(07-27-2018, 12:45 PM)Rico Wrote: [ -> ]Countdown to August 9th.

And [BLEEP]...I just realized I'll be out of town for preseason game #3.  Stupid anniversary.  I'll cancel my trip to Sanibel Island.  I'm sure my wife will  understand. Cry

Really bad red tide in SW FL right now.  There's your excuse.
Cheering all the way from Nashville here. Let's go Jags...lots of unfinished business to take care of.
[Image: tenor.gif]
Let's get it!!!
(07-27-2018, 08:55 AM)Ronster Wrote: [ -> ]I am like a giggling school girl. ITS FOOTBALL SEASON AGAIN YOU ALL!!! 

Will Blake Bortles break out this year?
Which wide receiver will become the number one guy? 
Can and will the defense repeat what they did last year? 

So many questions, so many story lines, so many possibilities, but the number one question is, will the Jaguars finally make it to the SuperBowl? 

Here we go Jaguars, here we go!! DUUUVVVAAAAAAAALLllllll...

I don't know about "breaking out" this year, but I expect much better things from Bortles. 

I believe Cole will become the #1 receiver this season, but could be unseated in the foreseeable future by Chark, once he gets some pro experience. In fact, I see Cole, Westbrook and Chark as the starters in 2019. 

I see no reason why the defense can't put up very similar stats that they did in 2017. At worst, we have a top 3 defense. 

I don't know about a Superbowl this year, (hopefully.) I have us returning to the AFC Championship this season, but I do see a Superbowl in 2019.
There it is, starting to feel the love. Let's get it on!!
Soooo.....uhhhhh??......No boycott?

Yeah,!!!! Go Jags!!!!
Bortles broke out his sophomore season, so I don't think he will ever "breakout"

Also, we've been here all off-season. Nice to see you back.
1. Bortles just needs to do exactly what he did last year. Take care of the ball, use his legs when things break down. Only take calculated chances. The ONLY thing I'd like to see out of Bortles is a late 4th quarter drive to win a game. Needs a clutch factor. I don't think our recipe for success is going to be for Bortles to have to throw for 400 yards and 3 TD's to win. It's not even meant to be a knock against Blake it's just that isn't the strength of our team. Our system makes Blake look like a relevant NFL QB. Can he have more success in the system? Yes most definitely. Hopefully he does. But it isn't in our best interest to ask him to throw it 40+ times per game.

2. Donte Moncrief is my guy for go-to receiver this year. Lee is the veteran "old man" at 26. Lee showed a lot of grit last year and was there when we needed someone to show up in the passing game. Not a home run hitter but he willingly took the tough yards over the middle. Earned himself a spot on the team. I don't think Lee has hit his ceiling yet but he had always had hamstring issues in the past. Chark is obviously the new guy we'll be watching in preseason he's a tall target at 6'4" 200 pounds but will have to be brought along I don't see him getting more playing time than Lee, Moncrief, Westbrook, Cole. 

3. The jury is still out on Taven Bryan. Will need to see him in pads and get some game time in which will likely happen opening day since we won't have Fowler. There is no immediate rush to get an impact from him though so we can develop his talents to go with his explosiveness off the ball. Ronnie Harrison was probably a steal. Another year in the system and hopefully we blow less coverages and stop the run a little better.. at least against Tennessee. If the offense can do its thing and keep the ball and put some points up the defense becomes pretty deadly with a lead.
(07-28-2018, 10:02 AM)Jagwired Wrote: [ -> ]Soooo.....uhhhhh??......No boycott?

Yeah,!!!! Go Jags!!!!
The boycott is over!!!!! YAY!

Yeah,!!!! Go Jags!!!!

(07-28-2018, 02:21 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]

Yeah,!!!! Go Jags!!!!
The boycott is over!!!!! YAY!

Just to be clear, if they kneel during the anthem and its sanctioned by the team and ownership, I will have no problem boycotting the team and the entire NFL. These rich kids are being manipulated by false facts and problems created by an out of control and malicious media hell bent on destroying this country. This thread was not meant to be a political thread, but I will not just sit here and let you get away with your idiotic, snide remarks.

I love my country more than a football team.
Buttons officially pushed. LOL.

Let's all leave the politics aside so I don't have to move the thread folks.

Thanks.
(07-30-2018, 08:40 AM)Ronster Wrote: [ -> ]Just to be clear, if they kneel during the anthem and its sanctioned by the team and ownership, I will have no problem boycotting the team and the entire NFL. These rich kids are being manipulated by false facts and problems created by an out of control and malicious media hell bent on destroying this country. This thread was not meant to be a political thread, but I will not just sit here and let you get away with your idiotic, snide remarks.

I love my country more than a football team.

Buuuuwwwwaaaaaaa!!!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing

Much like I will never let the board forget what a idiotic temper tantrum you threw on here last year.
I choose to ignore negativity of the past and I look forward to the Jags kicking some serious butt this year. Go Jags!!
Pages: 1 2