Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Jags secondary zooming up PFFs ranks
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-ran...mpaign=nfl

9. Jacksonville Jaguars (22)

<p style="color:rgb(51,51,51);font-family:'Gotham SSm A', 'Gotham SSm B', Gotham, sans-serif;">Current nickel package: CB Prince Amukamara, CB Aaron Colvin, SCB Jalen Ramsey, S John Cyprien, S Tashaun Gipson

<p style="color:rgb(51,51,51);font-family:'Gotham SSm A', 'Gotham SSm B', Gotham, sans-serif;">Jalen Ramsey hasn’t played as well the past two games as he started off the season, but he’s clearly going to be a valuable impact-player for Jacksonville’s defense. Prince Amukamara has been great in coverage when on the field, allowing a 35 percent catch rate into his coverage—a league-low among cornerbacks. For the most part, the entire secondary has played well outside of Davon House, who owns the third-lowest overall grade among cornerbacks this year. The Jaguars wisely made the move to bench him for Aaron Colvin this past week, though, and it worked out well.
I'm guessing SCB means "Slot Cornerback".

Ramsey started there, however this would be inaccurate considering Colvin is back and currently the "Slot Cornerback"

Was so glad to not see House on Sunday drawing those PI calls

6 mil a year to ride the bench. ew

Can I get a link to the entire list? I'd be curious to see who is ahead of the Jags.

I'm guessing Broncos, Pats, Cards, Seattle....

Quote:Can I get a link to the entire list? I'd be curious to see who is ahead of the Jags.

I'm guessing Broncos, Pats, Cards, Seattle....
I put it in the OP. Shoulda done it originally my bad I usually do.
They will continue to grow as a unit (I really hope we resign Prince).

And then if we can upgrade Cyp's spot with Jamal Adams, Peppers, or a proven FA this could be a top 3 unit in the next 2-3 years.

Davon House was benched in Week 4, before Aaron Colvin could rejoin the team.

Quote:6 mil a year to ride the bench. ew

He's already been paid his guarantees. I guessing he'll be gone next year and we'll attempt to re-sign Prince.
Quote:He's already been paid his guarantees. I guessing he'll be gone next year and we'll attempt to re-sign Prince.

Prince has to stop missing games first.

Prince has been great.

Good Read, thanks for sharing.

3. Houston Texans (10)

<p style="color:rgb(51,51,51);font-family:'Gotham SSm A', 'Gotham SSm B', Gotham, sans-serif;">Current nickel package: CB Johnathan Joseph, CB A.J. Bouye, SCB Kevin Johnson, S Andre Hal, S Quintin Demps

<p style="color:rgb(51,51,51);font-family:'Gotham SSm A', 'Gotham SSm B', Gotham, sans-serif;">The surprise out of this group has been former UDFA A.J. Bouye, who has certainly earned his playing time. He currently just edges out Chris Harris Jr. for the top coverage grade among cornerbacks this season, and has yet to surrender over 100 receiving yards on the year. Oddly enough, Johnathan Joseph has the lowest coverage grade in the Texans’ secondary after ranking among the best coverage cornerbacks in the league last season. The Houston secondary has also not had the benefit of J.J. Watt’s seemingly constant pressure on quarterbacks this season.

Odd that the author is aware that House was benched - but unaware of Colvin and Ramsey's current positioning. 

Quote:Odd that the author is aware that House was benched - but unaware of Colvin and Ramsey's current positioning.

Odd? I'd say "untrustworthy"
Quote:Odd? I'd say "untrustworthy"
I was being kind, but, yeah.  Inspires little confidence in his evaluation when he's unaware of which player covers the slot. 

Quote:I was being kind, but, yeah. Inspires little confidence in his evaluation when he's unaware of which player covers the slot.

I understood. I thought I might drive the point home a bit. I'm glad someone collects all this data, but I remain skeptical of its overall accuracy. It's ok though, if you have eyes, there's really no need for a ranking validation. We're trending up and as the season goes along it will be easier see.
In an interview yesterday Wash said "we have 3 good corners".
Quote:In an interview yesterday Wash said "we have 3 good corners".

Wash would be right. House has really fallen this year. I don't know his contract specifics but he may need to get cut to make more room for Princes contract and FA Oline help.
Quote:Wash would be right. House has really fallen this year. I don't know his contract specifics but he may need to get cut to make more room for Princes contract and FA Oline help.

Yeah House has really fallen. Just thought it was interesting that Wash made the distinction, seems like a straight shooter.

The Prince situation is a tough one. He is constantly injured so I'm not sure what contract you can give him. Unless its one of the Caldwell specials, big money in year 1/2 then no loss when you cut.
I'm still glad to have house even though he's in everyone's doghouse.

It's a long season and it's great to have (hungry)veterans ready to go.
Pages: 1 2 3