Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Patmon Playing Well?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I wonder if he ends up in competition with Hayden for the nickel spot?
More from FCN...

https://www.firstcoastnews.com/article/s...-578502688

(07-30-2018, 12:03 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]I wonder if he ends up in competition with Hayden for the nickel spot?

They talk about that in the other link I provided.

I think he could.  His play, from what little I have seen of him last year and now, is reminsicent of Colvin. 

Seems good in underneath routes-hooks and flats, etc.  Also seems to have a physical side to him.
He is not quite good as Colvin, but he's not afraid of contact. I thought he was more of a FS.
1010xl was saying he should be their #3 today. They said there is no doubt he already has a roster spot locked in. That was everyone who was on Dempsey too, it wasn't just a random thought mentioned.
Our weakness is in the safety area. CBs have been balling in camp.
I wonder if he's more suited to be the primary backup at the outside CB positions. Keep Hayden in the slot regardless of injury for familiarity and if Bouye/Ramsey exit the game for whatever reason, just slide Patmon in. Go with Ramsey/Bouye/Patmon on the outside with Hayden/Myrick at the nickel.
(07-30-2018, 08:20 PM)Tuxedo Wrote: [ -> ]I wonder if he's more suited to be the primary backup at the outside CB positions. Keep Hayden in the slot regardless of injury for familiarity and if Bouye/Ramsey exit the game for whatever reason, just slide Patmon in. Go with Ramsey/Bouye/Patmon on the outside with Hayden/Myrick at the nickel.

This seems likely. Didn't Patmon fill in after Ramsey got booted against Cincy?
(07-30-2018, 05:42 PM)B2hibry Wrote: [ -> ]Our weakness is in the safety area. CBs have been balling in camp.

I don't see our Ss as a weakness. Gip and Church are borderline Pro Bowlers, I've alway really liked Jarrod Wilson who might start on another team, and I'm really liking what I'm hearing about Ronnie Harrison being a natural. That leaves a few intriguing players fighting for that lost spot including Don Carey, Cody Davis and Charlie Miller, although Miller I have pegged for the PS. I doubt there are all that many S units in the league as deep. 
(07-30-2018, 08:20 PM)Tuxedo Wrote: [ -> ]I wonder if he's more suited to be the primary backup at the outside CB positions. Keep Hayden in the slot regardless of injury for familiarity and if Bouye/Ramsey exit the game for whatever reason, just slide Patmon in. Go with Ramsey/Bouye/Patmon on the outside with Hayden/Myrick at the nickel.

This is begging me to do a CB ranking...

1. Jalen Ramsey
  2. AJ Bouye
  3. Tyler Patmon
  4. DJ Hayden
  5. Jalen Myrick
  6. Sammy Seamster
  7. Quenton Meeks
  8. Dexter McDougle
  9. Dee Delaney
  10. Tre Hurndon
  11. CJ Reavis
I figure they keep five, and I have Meeks pegged for the PS
(07-30-2018, 11:50 PM)Jags02 Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-30-2018, 05:42 PM)B2hibry Wrote: [ -> ]Our weakness is in the safety area. CBs have been balling in camp.

I don't see our Ss as a weakness. Gip and Church are borderline Pro Bowlers, I've alway really liked Jarrod Wilson who might start on another team, and I'm really liking what I'm hearing about Ronnie Harrison being a natural. That leaves a few intriguing players fighting for that lost spot including Don Carey, Cody Davis and Charlie Miller, although Miller I have pegged for the PS. I doubt there are all that many S units in the league as deep. 
On our defense I would consider them the weakest link regardless of depth at the position. I wouldn’t be mad if an upgrade came along and replaced them.
(07-31-2018, 12:04 AM)Jags02 Wrote: [ -> ]

This is begging me to do a CB ranking...

1. Jalen Ramsey
  2. AJ Bouye
  3. Tyler Patmon
  4. DJ Hayden
  5. Jalen Myrick
  6. Sammy Seamster
  7. Quenton Meeks
  8. Dexter McDougle
  9. Dee Delaney
  10. Tre Hurndon
  11. CJ Reavis
I figure they keep five, and I have Meeks pegged for the PS

After reading all the camp reports from the first four days, I need to make a slight adjustment to this ranking...

1. Jalen Ramsey
  2. AJ Bouye
  3. Tyler Patmon
  4. DJ Hayden
  5. Jalen Myrick
  6. Quenton Meeks
  7. Sammy Seamster
  8. Tre Hurndon
  9. Dexter McDougle
  10. Dee Delaney
  11. CJ Reavis